Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good job~

SpikeSpike Posts: 8Member
edited May 2012 in General
I just wanted to let you guys know... that this, what you're doing, is awesome.

Although it doesn't seem like you're going to reach your kickstarter goal (I don't know, can you recreate it with a smaller goal?) it definitely helped get the word out about deepworld and I'm excited to play it when it's available.

I will admit, at first I was a bit disappointed as it looked a lot like Terraria, but I realised that the only similarities are, well, sort of the graphics, and sort of the gameplay. The rest is what makes Deepworld its own individual game - I love the fact that this is a MMO game, so you can visit other 'worlds' created by other players. I definitely love the steam-powered machines in the game - I think it's an awesome idea. I especially love the fact that it will be multi-platform (and from what I read, cloud-stored so player information will be unanimous among all devices).

Anyway, keep up the awesome work and I look forward to being able to play it in the future.
PS. Good luck for kickstarter~
PPS. It's nearly 4am here as I'm writing this, take that as you will haha.

Comments

• 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    Yes, this game is amazing! :) Feel free to ask me anything if you want, as I am very familiar with this game! :)
  • SpikeSpike Posts: 8Member
    How many players on average are playing at the moment?
    And is there a sort of main world that can contain all players, or are there a few separate worlds and you may or may not be in the same world as another player?
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Posts: 1,809Member
    Okay, there are usually 3 people playing the game at once currently.
    Ever since server teleportation you can go to any world you want but Elderhome.
    I would have to say the main public world is StrangePeak.
    Oh wow, I thought a lot more people would be playing at any one time... or do not many people have alpha (/beta?) access yet?
    Also how do you actually sign up for Alpha/Beta? Or is it just being a part of the forum?
    I was praying the kickstarter project would get funded so I'd have access but... well it didn't :(
    Is there a sign-up somewhere?
  • BluesCluesBluesClues Posts: 160Member
    There used to be a signup but its closed. If you participate on the forum you get alpha/beta access :D
    Another question... In the gameplay videos the player was seemingly falling great distances without getting hurt...
    Is there a sort of HP/health system in this game? If not is it going to be implemented later?
    And are there weapons/PVP/a sort of mana/MP system too?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    We will have a new way to get access to the game very shortly :)

As for your questions, yes, there's health, but falling doesn't hurt you (acid, enemies, and other things do, though!) Not many weapons yet, just pickaxes and sledgehammers, but more coming soon!
  • LennenthLennenth Posts: 4Member
    I agree I was hoping for a successful funding, so what's next?? :D