Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Twelve days of deepworld.

AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
On the twelfth day of Deepworld, my true love gave to me.
12 mushrooms glowing
11 miners mining
10 Maws-a-spawning
9 Players dancing
8 bunnies-a-screeching
7 brains-a-killing
6 Bombs-a-blowing
5 BLUEEE CRYSTALLSSS
4 squawking crows
3 cave dens
2 terrapus
And a toilet hut in a city.
:D
Post edited by AquaPhynn on

Comments

  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Posts: 1,142Member, Arbiter
    That.is.AWESOME!
  • darklord11darklord11 Crooklyn, Better Known as BrooklynPosts: 1,916Member
    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter
    edited December 2013
    AquaPhynn said:

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
    you are correct. English words of Latin etymology that end "-us" tend to pluralize as "-i." However, words that aren't of Latin etymology don't necessarily have to possess that rule. Octopus, in which Terrapus derives from, isn't latin, but Greek. The most widely accepted pluralization of "octopus" is "octopuses." (octopi is a distant second, and there's also a third that i forget.)

    Edit: but yes, very nice song. i would have changed 10 to "10 maws a-spawning" or "10 maws a-spewing." (spewing is similar to seep, but it can mean more of an abundance of leaking)

    Edit Edit: I also just realized that the root "terra" is latin... Which now makes it extremely confusing. I guess that means it could be both? Because the terrapus looks a lot like a land-locked octopus... O.o
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

    AquaPhynn said:

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
    you are correct. English words of Latin etymology that end "-us" tend to pluralize as "-i." However, words that aren't of Latin etymology don't necessarily have to possess that rule. Octopus, in which Terrapus derives from, isn't latin, but Greek. The most widely accepted pluralization of "octopus" is "octopuses." (octopi is a distant second, and there's also a third that i forget.)

    Edit: but yes, very nice song. i would have changed 10 to "10 maws a-spawning" or "10 maws a-spewing." (spewing is similar to seep, but it can mean more of an abundance of leaking)
    I didn't think of that at the time, but in this case I meant the poisonous gas from the deep biome seeping :)
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter
    AquaPhynn said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    AquaPhynn said:

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
    you are correct. English words of Latin etymology that end "-us" tend to pluralize as "-i." However, words that aren't of Latin etymology don't necessarily have to possess that rule. Octopus, in which Terrapus derives from, isn't latin, but Greek. The most widely accepted pluralization of "octopus" is "octopuses." (octopi is a distant second, and there's also a third that i forget.)

    Edit: but yes, very nice song. i would have changed 10 to "10 maws a-spawning" or "10 maws a-spewing." (spewing is similar to seep, but it can mean more of an abundance of leaking)
    I didn't think of that at the time, but in this case I meant the poisonous gas from the deep biome seeping :)
    I've never been to the deep biome. In my opinion, i think "spawning" would be slightly more iconic. I'm presuming that less people have been to the deep biome, than seen a traditional maw.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

    AquaPhynn said:

    p1nkbr0 said:

    AquaPhynn said:

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
    you are correct. English words of Latin etymology that end "-us" tend to pluralize as "-i." However, words that aren't of Latin etymology don't necessarily have to possess that rule. Octopus, in which Terrapus derives from, isn't latin, but Greek. The most widely accepted pluralization of "octopus" is "octopuses." (octopi is a distant second, and there's also a third that i forget.)

    Edit: but yes, very nice song. i would have changed 10 to "10 maws a-spawning" or "10 maws a-spewing." (spewing is similar to seep, but it can mean more of an abundance of leaking)
    I didn't think of that at the time, but in this case I meant the poisonous gas from the deep biome seeping :)
    I've never been to the deep biome. In my opinion, i think "spawning" would be slightly more iconic. I'm presuming that less people have been to the deep biome, than seen a traditional maw.
    I shall edit it just for you :p
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Posts: 6,328Member
    The plural of Terrapus is Terrapi
    Ask Mike!
  • AetherAether Knocking on the door of the Ban Hammer FactoryPosts: 1,801Member
    This is great
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahPosts: 5,084Member, Arbiter

    The plural of Terrapus is Terrapi
    Ask Mike!

    well that's just confusing me. Let's say both are correct.

  • UltrasonicjetUltrasonicjet Posts: 192Member
    edited December 2013
    On the 3rd day of deepworld the devs broke deepworld :p
  • fishmonfishmon Posts: 222Member
    coool
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    b...b...b...BUMP
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    #BestBumpEver
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,379Member, Arbiter
    p1nkbr0 said:

    AquaPhynn said:

    Is the plural of Terrapus Terapi?

    In this case it's just terrapus ;) like sheep is sheep as a plural
    you are correct. English words of Latin etymology that end "-us" tend to pluralize as "-i." However, words that aren't of Latin etymology don't necessarily have to possess that rule. Octopus, in which Terrapus derives from, isn't latin, but Greek. The most widely accepted pluralization of "octopus" is "octopuses." (octopi is a distant second, and there's also a third that i forget.)

    Edit: but yes, very nice song. i would have changed 10 to "10 maws a-spawning" or "10 maws a-spewing." (spewing is similar to seep, but it can mean more of an abundance of leaking)

    Edit Edit: I also just realized that the root "terra" is latin... Which now makes it extremely confusing. I guess that means it could be both? Because the terrapus looks a lot like a land-locked octopus... O.o
    Living dictionary... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 8,986Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    (psst ... don't know if this helps or not, but laurence has said very clearly in early videos that the plural of terrapus is terrapi)
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    Sirentist said:

    (psst ... don't know if this helps or not, but laurence has said very clearly in early videos that the plural of terrapus is terrapi)

    Well I can't edit it anymore :c @Lisa would you mind changing 2 to Terrapi please? :3
  • JakeTDJakeTD UAE , Dubai. Posts: 1,710 • Administrator Posts: 1,371Member
    This.
    Is.
    Awesome.
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter

    Love it !

    Hate the gravedig!
  • tjergoztjergoz Posts: 5,439Member, Arbiter

    Oh opps I didn't see the date was from last year sorry @tjergoz‌

    No need to apologise!
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    That time of year again, to BUMP
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 562Member
    On a week before Christmas my lovely dev give to me. A new biome that is space themed.
  • mofc1991mofc1991 Posts: 740Member
    What happened to 2015 and 2016
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,194Member, Arbiter
    I vanished
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Posts: 950Member
    Sirentist said:

    (psst ... don't know if this helps or not, but laurence has said very clearly in early videos that the plural of terrapus is terrapi)

    I feel like that contradicts the concept of cactus being the plural form of cacti.
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member

    Sirentist said:

    (psst ... don't know if this helps or not, but laurence has said very clearly in early videos that the plural of terrapus is terrapi)

    I feel like that contradicts the concept of cactus being the plural form of cacti.
    But cacti is the plural form of cactus
    “A cactus”
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    On the seventh year of Deepworld my true love gave to me

    7 micro protectors emittin’
    6 new friends a chattin’
    5 shiny diamonds a glowin’
    4 leaps a hangin’ (thanks retro)
    3 onyx a sittin’
    2 competitions a winnin’
    And a new funky biome and a game waiting for me!
Sign In or Register to comment.