Skills, tips, and stuff to do!

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,010
It's been a little quiet here in Deepworld, but that's because we've been cranking to bring you new awesome features! We're gearing up for public release, so we've added some things that will help new players and veterans alike.

Tips: Our new in-game help system will alert you to interesting things and give a little guidance. There might even be a few nuggets of info you haven't heard about!

Skills: Those achievements aren't for nothing! Spend your valuable achievement points to upgrade your skills. Make your player faster, healthier, and more! Some of the achievements don't do much yet (luck and perception), but we promise there are interesting things coming for them soon. In the meantime, agility is always a good bet!

Purifier: The purifier system is now active! All new zones will have treasure chests containing purifier parts in them (we'll do our best to stash some in Strangepeak, too, but give us a few days!) If you go scouting about and find purifier parts, you'll be on your way to an achievement, and if you (or other players) find them all in a given zone, you can activate the purifier and get rid of that terrible acid rain!

Inactive teleporters: New zones now have inactive teleporters scattered throughout. If you find them, you can click to activate them and bring them online - as well as progress towards a Teleporter Repairman achievement!

Maws: Terrapi are always a menace, but now they can spew from maws in the underground, so be careful! If you want to make the world a safer place, be sure to cover up maws with a little backing :)

Coming soon: Keys, locked chests/dungeons, functioning turrets, mechanical enemies, protector shields, and maybe a little PvP!

png
png
Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 11.15.39 PM.png
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 11.14.37 PM.png
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 11.43.04 PM.png
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 11.44.19 PM.png
png
png
Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 11.35.09 PM.png

Comments

• RunariRunari Member Posts: 88
    Great update, thanks! The maws are a nice polishing touch to the mobs. Now off to find some purifier parts ...
  • 4SlotToaster4SlotToaster Member Posts: 1,809
    Beautiful.
  • BluesCluesBluesClues Member Posts: 160
    Any news for ios alpha? :(
  • Deadlyapples666Deadlyapples666 Member Posts: 4
    Can't wait to play this on ma Mac. Awaiting patiently! NOT xD I can't wait Argggg.
  • bparkerbparker Member Posts: 396
    Awesome. Its been a while since I have been on this forum but it seems like things are progressing nicely as always I am still waiting for the IOS version but I can keep waiting. :D
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    -EXTREMELY BIG GRAVEDIG- Locked dungeons
    YAY! :D Hopefully it can come later!
  • VatchVatch Member Posts: 262
    Are the new keys going to be for the locked dungeons? And are there going to be those brain biome teleporters that the codex talked about?
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Member Posts: 3,260
    @Vatch said:

Are the new keys going to be for the locked dungeons? And are there going to be those brain biome teleporters that the codex talked about?

Psst, this was posted a looooooong time ago, and is referring to a very old update.

Move along now!
  • EpixEddyEpixEddy Unicorn LandMember Posts: 196
    Guys I am sharing a tips how to paralize Brains place a stone/any metallurgy a wood(haven't tested wood yet) under they're tentacles so they are unmovable I think this tips I am sharing right now is at the deepworld page or maybe not so try it out
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487
    These old threads make me sad because the images didn't carry over from the original forum.
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    The keys.........
    They were forgotten
    And still they are
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 976
    So one key per chest/dungeon or 1 key to unlock them all?

"So confusing"