It's time for Dungeon Building Competition 2.0!
You've all experienced many of the dungeons in Deepworld. We think they're pretty entertaining, but there could definitely be far more variety. We know you guys are great at building stuff, so we thought we'd have another building competition!
Grand Prize: The Tower (by Philosopher)
Most Epic: Power Plant Disaster (by Sirentist)
Most Creative: Valhalla series (by Clueboe)
Most Functional: Trial by Fire (by Toadlover) and Purifier Dungeon (by Oxidis)
Most Beautiful: Terrapus Annoyus (by Jan)
4Slot’s Dungeon (by 4SlotToaster)
Unknown’s Hell Dungeon (by Unknown)
Sunken Cabin (by Sirsloth)
Lost City (by Jan)
Brain Dungeon (by PaulC)
Copper Dungeon (by Garfoz)
Mercury’s Workshop (by Toadlover)
Winery Warehouse (by Distantstar)
Pitch Manufacturing Plant #1 (by KylerCA)
The Skeleton (by KylerCA)
Good and Evil (by Philosopher)
ConezPwn Arctic Dungeon (by ConezPwnz)
Hell Double Dungeon (by Enforcer2)
Ogmios’ Arctic Dungeon (by Ogmios)
Doomsday Bunker (by Anonymous)
Snowflake Dungeon (by Jan)
Snowman Dungeon (by Sirentist)
First up, the rewards (note that the crown prizes are not cumulative):
- Participation award: A free Brass Butler Bot (or Diamond Butler Bot if you make 3 or more dungeons)
- Top 20 dungeons: 50 crown prize
- Top 5 dungeons: 200 crown prize
- Top dungeon: 500 crown prize
- Anyone with a dungeon that is chosen for world generation will also get their name etched into the soon-to-be-created Architect's Hall in Deepworld HQ!
*If we get a lot more entries, we reserve the right to add more prizes :)
Now, the rules:
- Dungeons must be built in one of three private worlds (The Factory, Hell Factory, and Ice Factory), which we will add you to if you sign up for the competition
- At least five dungeons from each biome will be chosen, so build hell/arctic-specific dungeons too!
- Dungeons should be a min of 40x40 blocks and a max of 100x100 blocks
- Dungeons should be dangerous (spikes, turrets, etc.), and feature at least one switch and door combination that poses an obstacle to progress
- As we don't have Butler Bot available for moving liquid yet, please place adobe backdrop where you'd like lava/acid to go.
- Use the existing dungeons for inspiration, but be creative!
- We will have industrial items (cranes, etc.) in the crafting menu this weekend
- We particularly like dungeons that have a "theme". e.g., terrapus harvesting facilities, acid barreling facilities, etc.
- No need to protect your dungeons, but do mark them with signs/plaques with your name (and any backstory if you like)
- If you want to mark where brains should spawn, mark the spots with Tinmen. Loot, place chests.
- DO NOT GRIEF ANYONE ELSE'S DUNGEON. We can tell who did it, and you will be penalized severely. Do not test us.
- You can have your items back once we're all done - we will snapshot the world.
Our last competition was never finalized! We wanted to congratulate @cborgen
for the coolest dungeon, and thank all the other participants, which I think included @stocko
, and @jan
, who will get their crowns shortly :)