Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld 2.0: A new aesthetic (part 2)

Comments

• Junktruck98Junktruck98 Member Posts: 3,260
    lisa said:

xeedex12 said:

Dracul said:

lisa said:

Dracul said:

xeedex12 said:

So i will say sorry to you all especially @mikelaurence @lisa @hermitess

Funny how when other people tell him to stop overreacting, he doesn't. Lisa and another famous player comes and he listens.

Little ass kisser.
    Wait, so someone finally listens to reason and they get called names? That isn't right at all and simply discourages changing behaviour. If anything he should be commended for the change. It is very easy to always see only the negative; it takes effort and talent to look for the good.
    So people will only change if they get scolded by an authority figure.

If it's someone else, they won't listen.

Everyone could tell him to stop overreacting, but he'd only listen to some famous person, or you, or devs, tell him to.
    Ok Say Three Other's That Said "Stop"
    Thank You.
    No. This distraction is over. This thread will go back on topic now.
    Yes yes, back on topic.

I think the word Aesthetic is weird. Have you ever stared at a word for so long it starts to seem weird? Yeah aesthetic is weird.
  • DrAntlersDrAntlers Member Posts: 136
    lisa said:

xeedex12 said:

Dracul said:

lisa said:

Dracul said:

xeedex12 said:

So i will say sorry to you all especially @mikelaurence @lisa @hermitess

Funny how when other people tell him to stop overreacting, he doesn't. Lisa and another famous player comes and he listens.

Little ass kisser.
    Wait, so someone finally listens to reason and they get called names? That isn't right at all and simply discourages changing behaviour. If anything he should be commended for the change. It is very easy to always see only the negative; it takes effort and talent to look for the good.
    So people will only change if they get scolded by an authority figure.

If it's someone else, they won't listen.

Everyone could tell him to stop overreacting, but he'd only listen to some famous person, or you, or devs, tell him to.
    Ok Say Three Other's That Said "Stop"
    Thank You.
    No. This distraction is over. This thread will go back on topic now.
    Sure
  • DerHerrgottDerHerrgott Third Stone from the SunMember Posts: 662
    The cross-hatching definitely provides a lot of the 'grungy, dirty' look that that people are begging to be maintained.

It seems to me the complete opposite of that is literally-gleaming rounded edges. What if we were to go with the new colors and rounded edges-- but just dampen the curves a bit rather than polishing them to a shine? I think that would effectively maintain the shaded feel that the cross-hatching provides.

That could serve to avoid the 'plasticky' look that many players have pointed out (lol exemplified by that plastic-bathtub-toy boat that somebody posted, spot on!).
    On a separate note, I've been wondering--

What if there were full-page ads for Deepworld placed in Game Informer, Game Pro, some Apple magazine, or any of those other gaming magazines that are still alive today?

If this overhaul were not applied to Deepworld, I wonder how many new players could be brought in by such advertisements alone.

Just imagine-- a full page ad with a picture of the android head and a big Deepworld logo, or the artwork from the main menu. And of course the logos saying "Available now on the App Store", "... on iOS", "... on Windows", etc. I think the artwork and the logo alone, along with maybe a brief description or catch phrase that captures how awesome Deepworld is (and mentions that the game is free), could be intriguing enough for people to go download it for free and check it out.

I don't know if such advertisements would be prohibitively expensive, or if group testing would show that there would not be enough of a return on the ads relative to their expense. Or if the devs have actually already put out ads like that.

Anyway just a thought, spitballing here...
    Oh... Oh my God...

Game Informer ad rates:

4-Color 1X 3X 6X 12X 24X 36X 48X 60X
    Full Page $195,455 $189,613 $183,859 $178,414 $171,270 $166,140 $161,152 $156,295
    1/2 Page $117,267 $113,758 $110,345 $107,062 $102,760 $99,682 $96,672 $93,751
    1/3 Page $89,907 $87,205 $84,574 $82,059 $78,794 $76,420 $74,122 $71,888
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453

Some things I would like to know.
    1. What company has been brought in?
    2. Is something like this going to happen and we can only change it slightly?

That is what I would like to know also.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453

Oh... Oh my God...

Game Informer ad rates:

4-Color 1X 3X 6X 12X 24X 36X 48X 60X
    Full Page $195,455 $189,613 $183,859 $178,414 $171,270 $166,140 $161,152 $156,295
    1/2 Page $117,267 $113,758 $110,345 $107,062 $102,760 $99,682 $96,672 $93,751
    1/3 Page $89,907 $87,205 $84,574 $82,059 $78,794 $76,420 $74,122 $71,888

O.o
    @mikelaurence @quinnstephens @jasonpearl
    I Think That You Guy's If You Have Time Make An Dev Diary.
    (About v.2)
    @mikelaurence Ok Thanks! :)
  • lxlylxly anywhere but hereMember Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2014
    Alright, alright. keep the same dirt, wood, etc. but maybe spruce up the stone blocks.

So, basically, make new furniture designs, keep the characters the same, spruce up brains a tad, and-

wait.

New wardrobe? New clothes?

Also, back to my topic, keep the same basic textures, maybe, just maybe, make the sky (of all things, the sky? Really?) a tidbit cartoony, and with the new inclusion of ocean biomes, have a background bird fly around once every few minutes, a fish/chthulu/squid drift past in oceans, a tumbleweed in deserts, a dragon in hell or a penguin hobble past in arctic (/wtogglebmovement on/off)

As someone (SORRY I DON'T REMEMBER) else said, an option to toggle between old/new graphics would be handy for people feeling nostalgic. (Mac/iOS only)

Samcam, out

image.jpg
    640 x 684 - 92K
  • darklord11darklord11 Crooklyn, Better Known as BrooklynMember Posts: 1,916
    WAAY TO PLASTIC AND SHINY
  • dmmagicdmmagic Your mom's house.Member Posts: 3,236

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,058
    dmmagic said:

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
    When he plays golf, he yells, claps really loud, and tries to get the high score.
  • oreo_MASTERoreo_MASTER Lavender townMember Posts: 332
    Meh, still dont like it.
  • oreo_MASTERoreo_MASTER Lavender townMember Posts: 332
    samcam100 said:

Alright, alright. keep the same dirt, wood, etc. but maybe spruce up the stone blocks.

So, basically, make new furniture designs, keep the characters the same, spruce up brains a tad, and-

wait.

New wardrobe? New clothes?

Also, back to my topic, keep the same basic textures, maybe, just maybe, make the sky (of all things, the sky? Really?) a tidbit cartoony, and with the new inclusion of ocean biomes, have a background bird fly around once every few minutes, a fish/chthulu/squid drift past in oceans, a tumbleweed in deserts, a dragon in hell or a penguin hobble past in arctic (/wtogglebmovement on/off)

As someone (SORRY I DON'T REMEMBER) else said, an option to toggle between old/new graphics would be handy for people feeling nostalgic. (Mac/iOS only)

Samcam, out

Oh that was me and probably a few other people who said that

• perplexingplatypusperplexingplatypus 9 3/4 Deepworld street, Memevile, Ios, 4815162342Member Posts: 390
    edited February 2014
    Oh no what did I just walk in on...
    I'm repulsed. Just
    I like the more detailed sprites but why oh why would you add more color, bright, and flash to
    a purposefully dull colored game? It's post apocalyptic. Let me say that again: it may be in the "future" of sorts, but Nothing Is New In Deepworld. Clothing, items in chests...

Hold on, I've go it. Crystals, diamonds, and onyx all take the "shiny" role in the game.

Why do we need more?
    EDIT: Yes, keep the shading by gosh please.
  • NanzNanz In Lisa's clothes hamperMember Posts: 214
    I think about the whole age thing, the game is fine for younger players for the most part. Just block out some more words, as the swearing in this game is constant...
    It should be 9+ in my opinion, because of the killing, monsters, and raiding.

Well, anyway, I am PUMPED for the update. I hope it smashes a few bugs as well... :)
  • SollisionSollision Member Posts: 604
    Lotus said:

Well, anyway, I am PUMPED for the update. I hope it smashes a few bugs as well... :)

Yes! I hope of comes out soon!
  • CreepergoesboomCreepergoesboom lonely creeper...in a lonely wasteland....looking for a pigMember Posts: 114
    Quick Q. Will Paintings Have New Sprites???????????????? NEED TO KNOW THING
    :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B :-B
  • BulletProofBulletProof layin backMember Posts: 1,879
    edited February 2014
    Lotus said:

I hope it smashes a few bugs as well... :)

-steps on bugs-
  • ZetaroEmperrorZetaroEmperror Thailand Bangkok Sapanmai Member Posts: 1,066
    i have idea for people about like this v2 or not
    It is make it to be texture pack on menu and u can change it to be v1 or v2 ;)
    p1nkbr0 said:

Lotus said:

I think about the whole age thing, the game is fine for younger players for the most part. Just block out some more words, as the swearing in this game is constant...
    It should be 9+ in my opinion, because of the killing, monsters, and raiding.

legallly, it has to be for players 13+. (it's the law in america..)
    I'm guessing... that the 13+ age restriction law is in place because it's an MMO game, and players can chat with each other freely for the most part.

It makes sense why there would be protections against allowing 7-year-olds to enter what is basically a non-stop chat room with all other age groups.
    I actually start like v.2 :)
  • TheBossCarterTheBossCarter Member Posts: 16
    I like this better because it fits the animations better right now.
  • GorzGorz MorgueMember Posts: 3,591
    What I think of Deepworld v.2 is that the itemsand the background kkinda looks very well, the only thing I don't like is the new characters, it's too cartoony...