Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Deepworld 2.0: Guilds and Commerce

SystemSystem Posts: 2

imageDeepworld 2.0: Guilds and Commerce

Deepworld 2.0 is more than just a way to get our Windows, Linux, and Android friends in on the fun - it’s an entirely new beast with tons of new features and polish. So let’s take some time to talk...

Read the full story here

Comments

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,313
    Give us your thoughts on guilds & commerce!
  • Hero_ActHero_Act Android Palace, Mount SouthwoldMember Posts: 2,131
    edited February 2014
    Shouldn't this be an announcement @mikelaurence?
    EDIT: I was Ninja'd by Mike, I must have seen this thread literally right after it was posted.
  • balbal In your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Member Posts: 539
    This is.. AWSOME
  • Hero_ActHero_Act Android Palace, Mount SouthwoldMember Posts: 2,131
    Ninja rap battle?
  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,142
    Awesome!
  • JakeTDJakeTD UAE , Dubai. Posts: 1,710 • Administrator Member Posts: 1,371
    The Grand Poobah instead of Leader ?
    AWESOME !
  • AliasAlias Member Posts: 1,842
    Faith restored in Deepworld 2.0. Thanks, devs! You rock!
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    For the new currency, perhaps try taking a spin on the British Currency, Pounds.
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,992
    Yes!
    This is awesome :D
    Accidentally left @lisa out of the roster mockup. Actually, maybe she just cloaked herself. It's well within her power as Lord Vizier...
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    Heirloom Recipes that stay in the guild (by heirloom, only one recipe in existence) maybe? How will the new Commerce system evaluate the mushroom wines and their values based on age and uniqueness?
    Also, sorry for continuing to post on this thread, but @tjergoz is really going to love this too!
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    Does Ecology indicate that we need to re-visit worlds to keep the purifier and other machines running smoothly? There are many abandoned worlds out there, so I am wondering how these worlds will benefit from this move.

Does Ecology indicate that we need to re-visit worlds to keep the purifier and other machines running smoothly? There are many abandoned worlds out there, so I am wondering how these worlds will benefit from this move.

Perhaps it refers to the amount of parts we collect?
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,583
    WOW damnit bytebin you somehow amaze me so much i cant even believe it. Amazing job definately the best work ive seen in the new update
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    Alias said:

Perhaps it refers to the amount of parts we collect?
    If I were to guess, it may have to do with either a total or average for ecological parts found or ecological machines repaired.
  • Boss3Boss3 Member Posts: 833
    Why did i sell my guild...
  • Rattle26Rattle26 Somewhere in the Deepworld...Member Posts: 1,118
    OMG THE BEST THING EVER! Also @laurence you didn't explain the small circles with the commerce and ecology thing...
  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    Sounds great! :)
    Rattle26 said:

OMG THE BEST THING EVER! Also @laurence you didn't explain the small circles with the commerce and ecology thing...

The leaderboards aren't fully fleshed out, but my thoughts are something like this:

- Activity: How much collective game time / actions guild members log.
    - Commerce: How many machines/recipes the guild has and how many items it sells.
    - Captures: Points earned by occupying strongholds on a day-to-day basis.
    - Ecology: How much guild members benefit the ecosystem at large. This may tie in to purifying, world achievements, and other such things.

Rattle26 said:

The leaderboards aren't fully fleshed out, but my thoughts are something like this:

- Activity: How much collective game time / actions guild members log.
    - Commerce: How many machines/recipes the guild has and how many items it sells.
    - Captures: Points earned by occupying strongholds on a day-to-day basis.
    - Ecology: How much guild members benefit the ecosystem at large. This may tie in to purifying, world achievements, and other such things.
    How exactly will strongholds work? Will we be given access to the protector after we capture the stronghold? And, speaking of which, will there be a special "stronghold pro?"
  • SkyTheProGuy4444SkyTheProGuy4444 Deep in the core of the Nexus.Member Posts: 229
    I love these ideas! Cant wait for it to come out already! Good work with the guilds!
  • ZapfuryZapfury Member Posts: 3,142
    edited February 2014
    The strongholds could be like capture the flag! Each match could have a time limit of 12 minutes or so? Maybe each guild has a flag that they can plant on one side of the a GvG world, the other guild would have have to try to steal the flag and take it back to their base. The other guild's job is to take back their flag and steal the the other team's flag as well. Each flag delivered to the "home" obelisk will score the guild 1 point on the scoreboard. If a player is killed the flag is dropped and can be picked up/returned by anyone from both teams. Also, maybe only guild leaders could declare a match between another guild, if both sides agree to it then the match could work.
    Post edited by Zapfury on
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    Could the ranks also tie in somehow to how long the person has been in that guild? I think that if you're a veteran of the guild it should give you a boost in the ranks. It wouldn't be fair to an older member to be lower ranked than a newer member who just has better stats.
    Bulk said:

Could the ranks also tie in somehow to how long the person has been in that guild? I think that if you're a veteran of the guild it should give you a boost in the ranks. It wouldn't be fair to an older member to be lower ranked than a newer member who just has better stats.

I'm pretty sure that ranks are given by the leader(s) of the guild.
  • lilroller717lilroller717 Under mapping on Ark.Member Posts: 1,563
    -MindBlown- Yea... the AoD is going to be the best prob....