Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Competition #8: Industrial Innovation

SystemSystem Posts: 2

imageCompetition #8: Industrial Innovation

Break out your cranes and vats - it’s time to get industrial! Our eighth official competition begins today at 6 PM CST (worlds TBD), with a focus on capturing Deepworld’s pre- and post-apocalyptic...

Read the full story here

Comments

• mike887mike887 Member Posts: 1,616
    SWWWWEEEEETTTT
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    How bout a mega industrial complex with loads and loads of various buildings for various tasks like packing, manufacturing, or smelting o3o
  • SladedRogueSladedRogue Hiding From Tjergoz's NukesMember Posts: 715
    edited February 2014
    Factories/Industries? Ooh, maybe Tjergoz's minions and rockets may serve some good...

EDIT: Am I the only one that doesn't get what the image of the letter "A" is for?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,313

EDIT: Am I the only one that doesn't get what the image of the letter "A" is for?

Default image for a tumblr-to-forums post, I guess.
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterMember Posts: 2,333
    edited February 2014
    Are the worlds out? I totally have an idea for this one. Also pro extensions?

Edit: Just noticed it said 6PM CST Aka 7PM EST... Waiting now!
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    edited February 2014
    Kukky2 said:

Are the worlds out? I totally have an idea for this one. Also pro extensions?

System said:

begins today at 6 PM CST (worlds TBD)

It's very soon though, just 2 hours :)
  • SladedRogueSladedRogue Hiding From Tjergoz's NukesMember Posts: 715
    I'll try building something for this competition, but it doesn't seem to be my style, nor do I have an idea.
  • Scarlett_FoxxeScarlett_Foxxe ^Member Posts: 2,830
    edited February 2014
    toadlover said:

It's very soon though, just 2 hours :)

I'm over here crapping my pants while toadlover plans out his build.
  • balbal In your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Member Posts: 539
    The Industrial era is upon us!
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,439
    Hmmm....time for a vehicle development factory...
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,035
    Finally! Time for a parkour Factory. Umm, Mike, can you make the Competition pros 27 blocks to 32 blocks in diameter please?
  • lxlylxly anywhere but hereMember Posts: 1,319
    Conveyors.

A vynyl and CD factory?

No. Well, right now watching Captain Philips so a ship factory!

I dunno...
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,106
    Oooh Oooh.. I know! I know! I'm gonna..
    Wait, why am I telling you guys my ideas?
  • busterboy1528busterboy1528 The naughty cornerMember Posts: 859
    samcam100 said:

Conveyors.

A vynyl and CD factory?

No. Well, right now watching Captain Philips so a ship factory!

I dunno...

I saw captain Philips 3 days ago...is so sad..well I think and I feel for the 16 year old pirate..even though he captured captain Philips. ;)

And hhhmm.....I'm going to build a water station....problem though...I has no butler....ah....lemme re-think then. :ar!
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    Are we allowed to create our own concept items with notes attached to them saying what they are supposed to be? I am curious how much room we will have for an innovation. For example, in the Competition 2.0 a year ago, we had the Tinmen taking the Brain/dungeon protector's place.

And since this is Industrial innovation...I had to ask on behalf of everyone.
  • CarterTheBossCarterTheBoss Member Posts: 44
    I cant wait! Just 2 more hours
    -giggles-
    "Borked 12345"
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,313

Are we allowed to create our own concept items with notes attached to them saying what they are supposed to be? I am curious how much room we will have for an innovation. For example, in the Competition 2.0 a year ago, we had the Tinmen taking the Brain/dungeon protector's place.

And since this is Industrial innovation...I had to ask on behalf of everyone.

Sure, you can create a scenario however you like. You're just depending on the attention of your fellow judges :)
  • Rattle26Rattle26 Somewhere in the Deepworld...Member Posts: 1,118
    YESSS I was waiting for this!
  • lxlylxly anywhere but hereMember Posts: 1,319
    Questions:

What's the main pro radius? (in blocks)

What's the inventory (micro, large, etc) pro limit?

Are inventory pros allowed be detached to a certain radius around the main pro? If so, what's the radius?
  • I love comps
  • rollinsrollins Stranded on an island Member Posts: 1,319
    So it'll be starting at 8.00am here.... And at 8.00am I have football practice..

Must get space!!!
  • Yay!
  • DrShockingDrShocking Member Posts: 402
    Maybe I should actually enter this contest for once and get a runner-up, i never win contest so this might be the first time im going to be runner up
  • CarterTheBossCarterTheBoss Member Posts: 44
    Its 6:00
    It's up! Wooooo!