Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competition #8: Industrial Innovation

Comments

• mike887mike887 Posts: 1,616Member

@mikelaurence World's mostly explored, and it's sitting at 6 of 8 purifier parts found. Can you please de-acidify this world?

I wonder if there's a green protector over the purifier itself..
    there was a green pro over teh composter
  • lxlylxly anywhere but herePosts: 1,319Member
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by lxly on
  • lxlylxly anywhere but herePosts: 1,319Member
    edited February 2014

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    Just an FYI:

It's okay to use micro protectors anywhere you like in the world. Just keep in mind that judges will be visiting your green protector specifically, so if you're including distant areas with your entry, make sure they can easily get there from your core entry.
  • DrAntlersDrAntlers Posts: 136Member
    the Worlds name??
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    DrAntlers said:

the Worlds name??

Warehouse Hill
  • busterboy1528busterboy1528 The naughty cornerPosts: 859Member
    I need more acid for my thing...I just got a butler as well and trained it all the skills...now just need acid :-S
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    edited February 2014

samcam100 said:

Yeah, yeah!
    I get what you mean!
    Special Powers

GAH COLOURS KILL IT WITH FIRE
    P R O B L E M ?
    Y e s h
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Posts: 1,250Member
    I want to learn more about the first building competition ever. Most of us know about the Dungeon Competition 2.0, but I looked hard for that first competition thread and couldn't find it. Does anyone have some information on this piece of ancient history?
  • KylerCAKylerCA UnchartedPosts: 809Member
    edited February 2014
    By the way @daRt and I found the last piece while moving acid:
    Protectors need a little trolling in their diets, too.

@junktruck98, you were right. :P
    Post edited by KylerCA on
  • CreepergoesboomCreepergoesboom lonely creeper...in a lonely wasteland....looking for a pigPosts: 114Member
    i hop i win, my industrial mineshaft is aweosme
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member

I want to learn more about the first building competition ever. Most of us know about the Dungeon Competition 2.0, but I looked hard for that first competition thread and couldn't find it. Does anyone have some information on this piece of ancient history?

The entries are in Crockerlee. We did actually announce winners after a long delay, i believe @cborgen won with his dungeon. I owe him a brass throne if he visits again :)
    I'll take his brass throne.. for.. safekeeping image
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Posts: 1,250Member

The entries are in Crockerlee. We did actually announce winners after a long delay, i believe @cborgen won with his dungeon. I owe him a brass throne if he visits again :)
    It was very nice to be able to see how all of those buildings were conceived! There were multiple, small designs within a large protector put close together. It wasn't possible to have high perception back then!
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Posts: 3,260Member
    Hail guys, Unknown's entry is totally gonna win!
  • DrShockingDrShocking Posts: 402Member

Just an FYI:

It's okay to use micro protectors anywhere you like in the world. Just keep in mind that judges will be visiting your green protector specifically, so if you're including distant areas with your entry, make sure they can easily get there from your core entry.

What!?! Are u serious, so im suppose to make a giant tunnel from the shocking air dome to the shock chopper! I don't think that'll look great, is it ok to just leave a opening near the chopper? @mikelaurence

The Shock Chopper
    image.jpg
    536 x 509 - 83K
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Posts: 3,260Member
    edited February 2014

Just an FYI:

What!?! Are u serious, so im suppose to make a giant tunnel from the shocking air dome to the shock chopper! I don't think that'll look great, is it ok to just leave a opening near the chopper? @mikelaurence

The Shock Chopper
    I think what he meant was that they can be as far apart as they want; but if you wish for the judges to notice your other builds it would be best to connect them- be it tunnels or target teleporters- to make it easier for the judges to evaluate your structure :)

PS: nice chopper!
  • Rivera11Rivera11 Posts: 207Member
    I just don't like when people claim a protector and build nothing on it :(
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 140K
  • beam1beam1 under your bed checking if u urined in your pantsPosts: 93Member
    I like competitions .But it's just hard to find com protectors.Someplayers just use those pros for their own private stuff.Lack of space
  • Rivera11Rivera11 Posts: 207Member
    beam1 said:

I like competitions .But it's just hard to find com protectors.Someplayers just use those pros for their own private stuff.Lack of space

Agreed

Rivera,I totally agree with u.Some new players entered the world and wandered.They might hv guessed that this game provides free 'pros'.So they claim and go.:(And some players grieve Creations by putting earth outside of pro redius making the judges hard to ......
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member
    beam1 said:

Rivera,I totally agree with u.Some new players entered the world and wandered.They might hv guessed that this game provides free 'pros'.So they claim and go.:(And some players grieve Creations by putting earth outside of pro redius making the judges hard to ......

My problem is the opposite, I want the dirt there, but people keep removing it.
    Hmm .Lol
    Maybe put the earth inside the pro ?'Grievers 'cant get it
    If you look at my build, You will see that is not a possible solution, seeing as I have used the whole protector radius for my build.
    Umm put your own micros?Or just let them dig
    U can make a even nicer creations without the earths.i wish u good luck wolf !
    I have used 7 out of my 10 possible micros getting steam into my build, 3 will not cover the rest.
    Umm Small pro?