Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld 2.0: Instant wardrobe changes & outfits

13»

Comments

• toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter

Sirentist said:

toadlover said:

But its unrealistic already so it doesnt matter :)

Several players have over 1,000,000 earth in their inventory... so, yeah... :p
    Speaking of obscenely vast quantities of items in a player's inventory, will the new interface break the 9999 items cap for the viewable amount of items in a player's inventory?
    Contemplating killing anything over 9999, actually... it's kinda silly :)
    By "killing" do you mean "removing from inventory"?

Yes. We would only do that with ample warning and the ability to store excess items in chests, though.
    Will chests have unlimited storage space? Also, we will be able to have all of our items on us, just with a carry limit of 9999, right?
  • Fury_of_VulcanFury_of_Vulcan Posts: 376Member
    So what would happen to the dirt mined by someone who already has 9999 dirt?
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Posts: 1,250Member

Sirentist said:

toadlover said:

Speaking of obscenely vast quantities of items in a player's inventory, will the new interface break the 9999 items cap for the viewable amount of items in a player's inventory?

Yes. We would only do that with ample warning and the ability to store excess items in chests, though.
    Let's just pack 10,000 earth into one Earth chest. Then that way, we can claim to say how many Earth chests we have made. If we need more earth, we unpack an earth chest.

Furthermore, One Hectare of earth is equal to 10,000 blocks of earth. Let's convert all of that Earth into "Hectares of Earth" to get it over with, then it won't be so silly anymore.
  • DrShockingDrShocking Posts: 402Member
    Can @mikelaurence release it already!! Ur making us more excited and jealous the more u post pics of the next update, the beta tester are lucky to experience the texture before us but at least we can see the fishes
  • Skull_SmasherSkull_Smasher Swimming through my homework pilePosts: 658Member

Can I have some?
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member
    But I leik my dirt..
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    I need my dirt! im forever terraforming, and dont really want to have to get to my dirt chest halfway through a project...
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Posts: 2,302Member, Arbiter
    As long as there's an in-game way to keep track of your chests, this should be interesting. Otherwise, people will constantly lose their items in the same way they lose protectors.
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Posts: 3,260Member
    I like the idea of bei

Sirentist said:

toadlover said:

Let's just pack 10,000 earth into one Earth chest. Then that way, we can claim to say how many Earth chests we have made. If we need more earth, we unpack an earth chest.

Furthermore, One Hectare of earth is equal to 10,000 blocks of earth. Let's convert all of that Earth into "Hectares of Earth" to get it over with, then it won't be so silly anymore.
    I like the idea of being able to craft blocks into a chests- it would make great prizes for people or when handing out materials for a building project!
  • Bench5454Bench5454 Manila, PhilippinesPosts: 511Member
    This is like terraria all over again...well lets see where this would end up...
  • _Matveevking__Matveevking_ Posts: 395Member
    New design is cool,but it's very "hot" for deepworld graphic,it isn't combined with today's graphic,but i think pc version will fix it.
  • ocg13ocg13 Swimming in Mars barsPosts: 1,549Member
    @mikeIaurence‌ will there be Inter changeable exosuits so you can have 2 exosuits and switch out the look
  • lxlylxly anywhere but herePosts: 1,319Member
    -hopes it's good-

May the odds be ever in your favour, may the odds be ever in your favour...!
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    Dang chest... I have a lot of building materials.. Like A LOT
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    edited February 2014
    Oxidis said:

The thing I don't like about this change is that it reduces the functionality of placed blocks. Players won't even need to place hat racks and wardrobes anymore if they turn into more decorations. They could do all their crafting, inventory and clothing stuff on the go just by using the menu tabs, so placed items would have even less meaning. Shouldn't there be more dependence on player-built structures like in other sandbox games?

A mix is important, and character customization is currently too complex given its core nature.

Anyway, lots more usable blocks on the way (crafting, as you mentioned, getting a lot more interactive due to the forthcoming guild machines).
  • beam1beam1 under your bed checking if u urined in your pantsPosts: 93Member
    I dont understand.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member
    Let me explain.. IT'S GONNA BE FLIPPING AMAZING!
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Posts: 1,250Member

Oxidis said:

The thing I don't like about this change is that it reduces the functionality of placed blocks. Players won't even need to place hat racks and wardrobes anymore if they turn into more decorations. They could do all their crafting, inventory and clothing stuff on the go just by using the menu tabs, so placed items would have even less meaning. Shouldn't there be more dependence on player-built structures like in other sandbox games?

A mix is important, and character customization is currently too complex given its core nature.

Anyway, lots more usable blocks on the way (crafting, as you mentioned, getting a lot more interactive due to the forthcoming guild machines).
    Since @Oxidis says the wardrobe items are on their way to become "just decorations," removing the functions for those items in favor of Wardrobe 2.0 update is a good thing. Could new functions emerge to replace the old wardrobe functions now we have the character customization in one place?

One possible solution may be customization of buddy bots, butler bots, pets and androids if there is enough interest.

I am sure we may someday make these items usable again, but if there's no interest from the community in devising a new way of using these wardrobe items, then decorations they will become.
  • ProSniperProSniper Learning how to snipe better than youPosts: 274Member
    edited March 2014
    av6hound said:

1 question
    Can you get naked and run in lava?

Wait can we???