Community Contests (Ongoing)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953
edited April 2015 in Events
We have a number of community-based contests rolling out over the next few weeks, all of which will be stickied here. The contests will involve a mix of community involvement, creativity, social media, and more, and we hope you'll participate in one or all of them!

Fan Art of the Day
Submit your best fan art here (http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/14317/fan-art-of-the-day-submit-your-best-artwork-here-to-win-crowns-and-fame) for a chance to win Fan Art of the Day! Winners will receive a crown award and be featured on the new home screen, twitter, and the codex. Time to practice your brushstrokes!

Coming soon
Player of the Week, and more!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• Junktruck98Junktruck98 Member Posts: 3,260
    Wait, how are you gonna know which follower's a player and which isn't?
  • ocg13ocg13 Swimming in Mars barsMember Posts: 1,549

I vote winners should receive copper thrones.

Yea
  • SkyTheProGuy4444SkyTheProGuy4444 Deep in the core of the Nexus.Member Posts: 229

Yeah how will you?
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,012
    OOOO sounds fun!
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn (Specific) Pacific OceanMember, Arbiter Posts: 2,145

And make them self protected and un tradeable ;) so only the winner gets to keep it

• AquaPhynnAquaPhynn (Specific) Pacific OceanMember, Arbiter Posts: 2,145
    edited March 2014
    But this is awkward, I post lots of personal/offensive stuff on my twitter, imagine Mike reading it :')
    Edited to add; you wouldn't read past tweets would you? :))
  • ipadsipads Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,904
    This is easy. I retweet and favorite things a lot. I think Mike and Quinn have noticed already :P
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302

I'm liking it
  • Rattle26Rattle26 Somewhere in the Deepworld...Member Posts: 1,118
    I will never use twitter! -gets forced to add it to favorites bar by laurence- NOOOOOO -reaches towards facebook-
  • BulletProofBulletProof Making a super secret plan to erase the Deepworld HQ off of the surface of this planetMember Posts: 1,877
    Too bad I have no twitter...
  • __H000____H000__ Your nightmares.Member Posts: 418
    Sweet! Now I need a good post to retweet...that isn't from Gaming IQ...
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,012
    This is perfect:) I already tweet about my deepworld videos..now i just have to just add in deepworld next time:P
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    Looks like I'm already following @deepworldgame!

Now comes the hardest part; I have to arduously drag my mouse over the retweet button. And which should I retweet? Oh, the possibilities plague me ever so....
  • MultarixMultarix In a quantum state of dead and aliveMember Posts: 2,764
    It would be great if the deepworldgame account tweeted more then once every month.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953

It would be great if the deepworldgame account tweeted more then once every month.

We've ramped it up recently and intend to continue! :)
  • SilentEchoSilentEcho Member Posts: 334
    Pixel art Pixel art Pixel art!
  • Ohhhhh! Finaly a contest i am able to win!
    Or can you?
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Member Posts: 3,260

And how would you match up twitter names with in-game names?
    I mean, across the entire internet, I've had 2 names, dbeck25 and MultiPackWolf.

Other people are going to have strange account names and ever stranger twitter names.
  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Member Posts: 1,129
    We'll, I'll go and make a twitter account..
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,340
    samcam100 said:

Player of the Week?

-looks at @toadlover‌ -

-chokes @toadlover woth his agagagnanagin- (toadie will get it)
  • HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2014

I imagine they could just direct message the Twitter account that won and ask them what Deepworld account they want the prize attributed to. (ETA: There could be a better way of doing it that I'm not aware of; also, people can link their Twitter accounts to their forum accounts under settings, so that could be another option.)
  • AmberLABAmberLAB Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 1,719
    This is... GREAT! I recently found my phone, which is hooked up to my twitter, so I can easily retweet! :D
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    Hmmm... It seems I don't have a Twitter, and would think about making one for this, but re-tweeting would be useless in that because I would have no followers. (Is that what they're called on Twitter?)
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,953
    Bulk said:

Hmmm... It seems I don't have a Twitter, and would think about making one for this, but re-tweeting would be useless in that because I would have no followers. (Is that what they're called on Twitter?)

Your retweets would add to our total retweet count and give us SOCIAL MEDIA POWER!
  • eufult202eufult202 Member Posts: 208
    Fan Art contest you say? OOH IM DEFINITELY ENTERING THAT! I love drawing deepworld! This will be fantastic!