Blog: Deepworld 2.0 - new art sneak peek #2

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
resources.jpg
640 x 559 - 147K

Comments

• AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,145
    Wow! Much better. This looks freakin awesome!
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,145
    edited March 2014
    Im stupid, ignore :)
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
    Sirentist said:

Okay, is that a tapeworm? I want the tapeworm. Like, BAD.

Edited to add:

Er, not IN me. I mean, like, for a pet.

Lolz. It's a snakeskin.
    AquaPhynn said:

The jerky looks like steak :D

That's a filet. Jerky art not done yet.
  • AmberLABAmberLAB Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 1,719
    edited March 2014
    Awesome! Love them :D
    But, the small purple crystal looks like purple onyx... :-/
    Edit: Wait... is that onyx, or a purple crystal..?
  • GabsterGabster Where tea rules supreme Member Posts: 1,129
    I really like the look of the onyx!
  • datackerdatacker Under a "Dwayne Johnson"Member Posts: 264
    Sirentist said:

Okay, is that a tapeworm? I want the tapeworm. Like, BAD.

Edited to add:

Er, not IN me. I mean, like, for a pet.

I had a tapeworm once... it hurt when it came out. BTW Unnecessary info.
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhMember Posts: 2,030
    what is the purple onyx and small purple crystal? Am i not getting what those items are?
  • Scarlett_FoxxeScarlett_Foxxe ^Member Posts: 2,830
    Looks great!
  • Boss3Boss3 Member Posts: 833
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAVE THE OLD GUI NUUUUU
  • AliasAlias Member Posts: 1,842
    Much better!
    edited March 2014
    A few things i like,
    1.The New tree/ plant desings
    2. A few of the mushrooms are pretty cool looking such as the Devils cigar and Apostotate
    3.The fire salt will be easier to see.
    4. Large red is more detailed and so the Large Purple
    5. Thats all.

Things i Dislike (I don't want to be mean or hurt your feels , Just being honest)

1.The anbaric mushie is a little green at the bottom. It takes away the whole GLOWING YELLOW awesomeness feel
    2.The small purple crystal should be more Cut edged instead of a little round on the ends of it.
    3 The onyx looks like the small purple
    4.Please don't add that purple-yellow-cyan-blue-greenish tint on every item, ex the trees that grow on compost have the purple tint on the right bottom side.

Just one question; Is the acid mushie going to have those green dots floating above it?

Looks pretty good so far, except for the dislikes. :D
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,323
    Look. I understand that change is needed. And that this is happening.
    But I just simply cannot like the new graphics. It don't know if it is the cartoony style. I don't know if it is the bright graphics. Either way, I don't like the new graphics, and I never will.

Sorry but it's true.
    datacker said:

A few things i like,
    2. A few of the mushrooms are pretty cool looking such as the Devils cigar and Apostotate
    5. Thats all.

Things i Dislike (I don't want to be mean or hurt your feels , Just being honest)

1.The anbaric mushie is a little green at the bottom. It takes away the whole GLOWING YELLOW awesomeness feel
    2.The small purple crystal should be more Cut edged instead of a little round on the ends of it.
    4.Please don't add that purple-yellow-cyan-blue-greenish tint on every item, ex the trees that grow on compost have the purple tint on the right bottom side.

Just one question; Is the acid mushie going to have those green dots floating above it?

That is onyx, not a small purple crystal.

The "glowiness" on mushrooms will be more light- and particle-based, this is just an approximation.

datacker said:

A few things i like,
    5. Thats all.

The "glowiness" on mushrooms will be more light- and particle-based, this is just an approximation.
    Ok thanks for the info.
  • AmberLABAmberLAB Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 1,719

datacker said:

A few things i like,
    5. Thats all.

The onyx is quite purple then...
    :-<
  • lxlylxly Snow SeaMember Posts: 1,319
    Darn, shoulda kept my large red crystal for this...
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,689
    ONYX IS AMAZING!!!
  • Fury_of_VulcanFury_of_Vulcan Member Posts: 376
    This is really annoying for me (not talking about the graphics right now). I click on the link and I see the text but where te picture is obviously supposed to be is just a small, blank square. I am on an IPod touch. Now I can't see the sneak peak, noooo!!!!!
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250

what is the purple onyx and small purple crystal? Am i not getting what those items are?

There is the purple Onyx and the blue Onyx. It's only natural there is also a red Onyx, with a super rare chance of an orange Onyx. Am I over-thinking this? :)
    Yes, you are over-thinking this. I was reading up on @mikelaurence's "glowiness" comment on light/particle effects, so I think it's just Onyx with light effects.
  • GorzGorz MorgueMember Posts: 3,591
    The skeleton looks awesome. :D
  • SundaraSundara New York CityMember Posts: 358
    I like it. :D
  • lilroller717lilroller717 On ARK raising baby Dino's.Member Posts: 1,553
    Cool !
  • MarauderMarauder SunMember Posts: 1,133
    This is RADICAL!
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    I return with more negative input!
    I hate these (mostly) more than the last set. The mushrooms have been ruined (they all look like rotting wood) the skeleton... Well I've seen worse. I will now recommend a compromise better than my last one. This compromise consists of a common recommendation of texture packs. So basically if we don't want the new art we select "old art" and anything that can be an old art file becomes an old art file. Now this may mean that certain new items would have to be party of this which many may start to complain about. Once again a soloution: as the humans make good progress on restoring the world new biomes and items begin to pop up. These biomes have many items that do not have the look of the current world. It's as though they were less affected by the apocalypse. At the same time certain people have begun to experience a syndrome doctors are calling Newart Embrassonus in which the whole world begins (for them) to take on this strange appearance. Now you can use that but there's also a problem with that. The problem (which depends on the fact that Quinn will at least occaisionally draw up some of the new items (few here few there) and have them implemented into the ye olde texture pack. Which can fit the story line if we do this. As the objects are made aware of, they slowly begin to regain their earthlikeness. Now as the game really progresses we could have it so that we can choose what items get what texture but that's another thread for another time like next month.
    I hope this idea is considered. Your friend who hates this new art,
    Dog-man77
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandMember Posts: 2,623
    I love those trees. Can we see more of those soon? If I had a BIG picture of the new trees I would hang it on my wall and call it Bob.
This discussion has been closed.