Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Fan Art of the Day - Submit your best artwork here to win crowns and fame!

Comments

• BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaPosts: 518Member
    lisa said:

So do I see correctly that Smoothy posted a sketch that wasn't theirs but didn't get caught. So when someone else "stole" it from Smoothy they said they were disappointed but really they stole it too? I just want to make sure I am following the sad here.

Ya thats it @Smoothy is it rlly urs?
  • lilroller717lilroller717 Under mapping on Ark.Posts: 1,563Member

lisa said:

So do I see correctly that Smoothy posted a sketch that wasn't theirs but didn't get caught. So when someone else "stole" it from Smoothy they said they were disappointed but really they stole it too? I just want to make sure I am following the sad here.

Ya thats it @Smoothy is it rlly urs?
    https://arrrggghhhink.blogspot.com/2014/02/daily-quick-sketch-rex-9.html
    If @Smoothy is Jim Romer the artist/ writer ( Which I belive he isnt ) then he did not lie.
    But if he isn't, he did copy the art work
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 637Member
    I'm going to try to see what is going on here, and respond to this very open minded. This is my own input which basically it's my word vs. yours.

- (2014 me submits artwork)
    - (*player* submits artwork under their own name that I created) x2
    - (Most recently another player does the same)

- (Some website is found: https://arrrggghhhink.blogspot.com/2014/02/daily-quick-sketch-rex-9.html) Jim Romers blog site.

I see how it is very easy to believe that somehow I stumbled upon this website, making it easy for me to sketch down some drawings. It is a nice drawing, that I did create and posted on different forums such as: (Deepworld Forums, Deviant Art forums, Concept art.org etc. etc.)

It just makes me sad that pursuing in art can be so easily manipulated and turned against you.
  • BrainGamerBrainGamer CanadaPosts: 518Member
    Smoothy said:

I'm going to try to see what is going on here, and respond to this very open minded. This is my own input which basically it's my word vs. yours.

- (Some website is found: https://arrrggghhhink.blogspot.com/2014/02/daily-quick-sketch-rex-9.html) Jim Romers blog site.

I see how it is very easy to believe that somehow I stumbled upon this website, making it easy for me to sketch down some drawings. It is a nice drawing, that I did create and posted on different forums such as: (Deepworld Forums, Deviant Art forums, Concept art.org etc. etc.)

It just makes me sad that pursuing in art can be so easily manipulated and turned against you.

So because you posted it on more then 1 website, that dude copied it and then posted it? Am I right @Smoothy
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    Now I am really confused. Don't steal art. Done. I am not accusing anyone in particular, just don't do it. Anyone. The end. back to the art!
  • _Brainstorm__Brainstorm_ Nowhere and EverywherePosts: 4,058Member
    lisa said:

Now I am really confused. Don't steal art. Done. I am not accusing anyone in particular, just don't do it. Anyone. The end. back to the art!

Smoothy original, no steal, no copy.
  • SmoothySmoothy LeamingtonPosts: 637Member

Smoothy said:

So because you posted it on more then 1 website, that dude copied it and then posted it? Am I right @Smoothy
    It is truly my sketch that I made based off of the game just like many others I have made in the past. This Jim Romers guy obviously made a better digital version of it on his website that i've never seen before, but like most art it's going to be hard to actually prove that I did make it, unless you personally know me.

I apologize for this any confusion this has caused and the conversation being carried on through many pages of this discussion. However I do not apologize for being accused of plagiarizing my own artwork.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorPosts: 5,129Administrator
    Like I said, I am not accusing anyone (except people who steal things from here and repost them here because I can prove that). None of us has any proof one way or the other about what happens out there - in the ether world. that's for you and Jim Romers to discuss and has nothing to do with any of us. So this case is closed as far as this forum is concerned. Moving on!
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 1,366Member
    HexterXD said:

I honestly have no idea why I made this. Its @Lisa, @mikelaurence, @Chicken, and me doing a dank Tom Cruise Meme! xD

I'm still working on the giant robot image, but it still has a lot to work on.

That is what you call perfection.
  • YeongyulYeongyul i really, really like milkPosts: 755Member
    HexterXD said:

I honestly have no idea why I made this. Its @Lisa, @mikelaurence, @Chicken, and me doing a dank Tom Cruise Meme! xD

Where is Lisa's icecream stains?
  • LavaWareLavaWare Posts: 383Member
    edited February 2017
    HexterXD said:

I love that so much. Can I use that as my profile photo?

You look like Austin Powers. Lol
  • HexterXDHexterXD Inside A Studio Making A T.V ShowPosts: 281Member

HexterXD said:

I love that so much. Can I use that as my profile photo?

You look like Austin Powers. Lol
    I don't mind you using this as a profile
  • PAL6000PAL6000 Posts: 2Member
    here is my submission my account is PAL6000
    20170212_152852.jpg
    4128 x 3096 - 2M
    edited February 2017
    Profile picture!

EDIT: guys, the drawing looks simple but it's not. Trust me.
    IMG_3646.PNG
    768 x 768 - 82K
  • MidnightMidnight In a galaxy far far awayPosts: 93Member
    hey everyone !!! Got another drawing for you :smile:
    Can you figure out what this place is? Hope you like the drawing :smiley:
    image.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
    Midnight said:

hey everyone !!! Got another drawing for you :smile:
    Can you figure out what this place is? Hope you like the drawing :smiley:

Let me guess... Times... Circle? Oh, it's TIMES CUBE! Yes, what do I win?

I thought it was Times Triangle?!?! @redman
    Midnight said:

I thought it was Times Triangle?!?! @redman

Well, based on the spawn formation, it should be Times Hexagon

Well, based on the spawn formation, it should be Times Hexagon

That is a very valid point!

edited February 2017
    Is it possible to win a brass throne from fanart? I'm curious because the image I'm making rn is taking me ages, and has a hecka ton of detail. If it is possible, I'm ready to draw anything xD

PS: its NOT the one bellow, its still getting made (the robot)
    Post edited by HexterXD on
  • Hydroblade29Hydroblade29 Posts: 1,818Member
    HexterXD said:

Sorry if I did not post this on the one above, but this is a different thing.

This basically describes me trying to make my ultimate robot fan art when the computer
    Is being a laggy d...uhh....dongo. So yeah, enjoy xD

Apparently you downloaded a Memz virus LOL
    edited March 2017
    Midnight said:

So I'm pretty new to the forums, and don't have much of an idea as to what I have to do to win prizes and stuff. But anyways here is a crazy idea I came up with today!!! Deepworld trading cards! Lol crazy idea but I kinda like it:) hope you like it too! And if you guys like it, I can totally make more(this is just a draft)

Heheheheh....neat idea Midnight, I might make cards that look epic, and use players
    Post edited by HexterXD on
    edited March 2017
    Wait, if he won the weekend art, does that mean if I post cards as well, I will get in trouble?
    Nope.
  • Rasen_Kyugan_FoxRasen_Kyugan_Fox GroundedPosts: 755Member
    my submission
    sefefsrrgrs.JPG
    1223 x 652 - 65K
    edited March 2017
    Featuring the game that everybody loves... Deepworld Trading Cards Game!
    RedManCo presents....imageimage

Ghost Warrior, Master Brain, Baby Squid, and more...

Other cool cards, including the powerful @lisa imageimage
    IMG_0035.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    IMG_0036.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    You_Doodle_2017-03-06T13_40_01Z.jpg
    1339 x 1916 - 2M