WHAT ARE SHILLINGS FOR?!?!?!?!?

FrostgunnerFrostgunner UnknownMember Posts: 127
edited May 2014 in Guilds
What do shillings do? Crafting? Guild currency? WTF DOES THAT DO!? (I currently have 5)
Post edited by FRANK on

Comments

• FrostgunnerFrostgunner UnknownMember Posts: 127
    @mikeIaurence‌ What would the do in the next/future update(s)
  • Guild currency
  • FrostgunnerFrostgunner UnknownMember Posts: 127
    Levi said:

Guild currency

Guild currency?!?!?! U HAVE TO PAY!?!?!?!
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Pay for clothes making machine... For example
  • Ripcord24Ripcord24 A land called China...Member Posts: 1,009
    It'll be implemented in the next update, right now it's worthless
  • Richard17463Richard17463 At bunny landMember Posts: 115
    I cant place great frecking great
  • Richard17463Richard17463 At bunny landMember Posts: 115
    Place is play
  • Ripcord24Ripcord24 A land called China...Member Posts: 1,009
    Dude... I heard that your in hell but you can complain about that somewhere else

• Professor_PotatoProfessor_Potato crayonsMember Posts: 1,330
    Ahem.. I don't know.
  • Scarlett_FoxxeScarlett_Foxxe ^Member Posts: 2,830

I cant place great frecking great

Place is play

1. Please edit instead of posting again.
    2. I have no idea what your problem is, if you could explain it better then I might be able to help :)
  • Poper1234Poper1234 Member Posts: 2
    SHILLINGS ARE EVIL
    WHAT IS TEA :)] ;)) ~O) ^#(^ $-) :-B <:-P :ar! :-@ ~:> 3:-O >:) :@)
  • IpadpatIpadpat ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡ BLUE癒しの海Member Posts: 1,349
    @Frostgunner‌

The following is directly from guild 2.0 thread: "Commerce" in which I copied for my guild members some time ago.. Hope this helps. Some relevance to ur qn.

---
    Besides organization, the most powerful reason for guilds to exist is commerce. After all, guilds were historically based on craftsmanship!

One common complaint in-game is that not all items are craftable, such as clothing, exoskeletons, and other special items. It’s also a little strange that androids can randomly craft statues but nothing else, don’t you think? We want to consolidate the creation of special items, and guild commerce is a perfect way to do so.

Our plan is to introduce guild-specific machines that craft various items for anyone with the materials… and perhaps a small fee:

Construct machines (Loom for clothing, Operating Table for exoskeletons, etc.) after unlocking the blueprints
    Build and upgrade the machines by having guild members log in routinely and bring materials to the machine (and perhaps roping in some androids to help)
    Unlock specific items for construction through looting and other methods (e.g., a guild member might find a “Pink Tuxedo” recipe in a chest, allowing for that recipe to be used in the Loom machine)
    Assign a fee for each item to be paid by non-guild members (and possibly a discounted fee for allied guilds)
    Machines may require maintenance dues, so it will be important to collect fees from non-members!
    The interesting thing about this system is that each guild will have a different set of machines and different recipes, allowing for unique marketplaces to form. Developing a set of machines will take some time, so guilds will need to focus on certain areas of expertise rather than being one-stop shops for everything.

As part of the whole fee system, we think it will be necessary to add a new currency to unify recipe pricing. This new currency will be fully lootable / discoverable, and settle on a tradable value like any other limited item in the game."

• Parablock1Parablock1 Member Posts: 21
    L
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 312K
  • KillerBee11TKillerBee11T Member Posts: 107
    Parablock you do have an mk2 not an mk3
  • AngelinaAngelina Member Posts: 6
    Me and my friend use it for currency
  • HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabMember Posts: 548
    Ripcord24 said:

Oh really? Where is your source... To be honest, I find no use for Shillings. Shillings is like a secondary almost absent currency in Deepworld. Like an inflated crown. Why not use crowns as a currency?
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    Hazmana said:

Ripcord24 said:

Oh really? Where is your source... To be honest, I find no use for Shillings. Shillings is like a secondary almost absent currency in Deepworld. Like an inflated crown. Why not use crowns as a currency?
    The quote you used was posted over a year ago xD
    But to answer the shillings question, it can be used only at the moment to make statues (drag a figurine onto an android and select whether you want a bloodstone or marble statue. it costs some shillings)
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,689
    Hazmana said:

Ripcord24 said:

http://www.deepworldgame.com/pages/shillings

There's your source.

Also, I think the whole idea of not trading crowns is to prevent players being scammed of virtual currency they paid real currency for
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    Maybe shilling could be used to pay for everyday items. For example, 1000 shilling for a son of a man, or 200 shillings for 10 red crystals.
  • ChatotTheParrotChatotTheParrot Preferably a tree. A high tree.Member Posts: 453
    FreshX said:

Maybe shilling could be used to pay for everyday items. For example, 1000 shilling for a son of a man, or 200 shillings for 10 red crystals.

I would be happy to just buy simple things with shillings (wood, iron, sulfur, quartz, sandstone, limestone etc.)
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328

FreshX said:

I would be happy to just buy simple things with shillings (wood, iron, sulfur, quartz, sandstone, limestone etc.)
    That's what I mean -gives thumbs up-
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,689
    FreshX said:

FreshX said:

That's what I mean -gives thumbs up-
    has 11k+ shillings.

I like this idea. I like this idea very very much.
  • AthenaAthena Somewhere over the rainbow.Member Posts: 763
    You give 'em to android to make statues.
    1. tap an android.
    2. select the craft option
    3. give them a figurine, some marble/bloodstone and some shillings
    4. get statue
  • BethanyBethany Member Posts: 15
    Maybe we can use our shillings just like crowns.. But crowns are worth more..
    Ex: Exo skeleton ~ 750 crowns or 1500 shillings

Something like that.. Idk. Just throwing it out of the blue.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    I like the idea of using shillings for currency, but I don't know if it's really possible without the developers' intervention.
    I love this quote of @KittyKupo 's:
    KittyKupo said:

You can't really just "put a price" on something. Price comes from supply and demand...

There are a ton of shillings out there, and more coming since more people continue to kill brains everyday. And I can tell you that I am one hundred percent certain that more brains are killed everyday than statues are crafted, which means there isn't really a steady amount. The common currencies of today are blue crystals, diamonds, and onyx. Those all have a use in crafting, and the number of them available rise and fall, but are pretty balanced. Shillings are going to get to the point where they are so inflated that people won't even question why they aren't used in trading.
  • YeongyulYeongyul I hate myselfMember Posts: 714
    If you have a small statue drag it to a android (like Les)
    And you can use the shillings to make the statue a bloodstone statue or a marble statue.
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Playing Growtopia as zombiekillhaMember Posts: 707
    FreshX said:

1000!!!! For a SON OF MAN?! Man I could easily afford that. More like 100k man, 1000 is too easy to get.
  • Dragon_Thunder2Dragon_Thunder2 Somewhere,in the middle of the desert tearing famous players in dw to shreds.Member Posts: 93
    Bethany said:

Maybe we can use our shillings just like crowns.. But crowns are worth more..
    Ex: Exo skeleton ~ 750 crowns or 1500 shillings

Something like that.. Idk. Just throwing it out of the blue.

I'd like this.But Crowns is rarer and shillings are mega easy to get.I'd say Exo Suit is like 100k shillings.
  • VengeVenge Not from Earth, I think...Member Posts: 371
    The gravedig is real!!!