Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

[Suggestion] More Items, not Rares!!

p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
I want to have new things with more uses other than just looking pretty on a wall and fueling greed! I want more blocks, more machines, more accessories, more everyday things. I want stuff I could actually USE!!!

Thank you! ;3

Comments

• __H000____H000__ Your nightmares.Member Posts: 418
    Same.
  • AstellaAstella Spying on the government while they spy on us . . . Member Posts: 611
  • Wild_KrattWild_Kratt somewhere in the deep edges of space Member Posts: 426
    All the way up ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • dentrondentron Stuck in a hole undergroundMember Posts: 369
    edited June 2014
    p1nkbr0 said:

I want to have new things with more uses other than just looking pretty on a wall and fueling greed! I want more blocks, more machines, more accessories, more everyday things. I want stuff I could actually USE!!!

Thank you! ;3

@p1nkbr0‌

TBH ive always wanted more machines and useful things too like a canister crafting machine or more blocks other than metal and reinforced metal, and maybe they could add some usefulness to things that could be useful but aren't.
    (Say sleeping in a bed makes you regen health faster) Sure decorations look nice and display your wealth but I've never really cared for them, I'd rather have a cool looking, working factory than some "valuable" crap stuck to my wall. I also think stuff should be judged not solely by rarity but by usefulness, deepworld is a steampunk game and I (being a steampunk IRL) know that steampunk isn't only only about looks its about utilitarian useful ness of stuff while maintains the niceness of Victorian styling. I think DW has slipped away from its steampunk roots and has gone done the wrong path of just making more and more useless "rare" decorative items instead of cool useful industrial items...

@mikelaurence‌

@quinnstephens‌

Sorry for ranting a little :)
    Post edited by dentron on
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,303
    edited June 2014
    dentron said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Thank you! ;3

@p1nkbr0‌

TBH ive always wanted more machines and useful things too like a canister crafting machine or more blocks other than metal and reinforced metal, and maybe they could add some usefulness to things that could be useful but aren't.
    (Say sleeping in a bed makes you regen health faster) Sure decorations look nice and display your wealth but I've never really cared for them, I'd rather have a cool looking, working factory than some "valuable" crap stuck to my wall. I also think stuff should be judged not solely by rarity but by usefulness, deepworld is a steampunk game and I (being a steampunk IRL) know that steampunk isn't only only about looks its about utilitarian useful ness of stuff while maintains the niceness of Victorian styling. I think DW has slipped away from its steampunk roots and has gone done the wrong path of just making more and more useless "rare" decorative items instead of cool useful industrial items...

@mikelaurence‌

@quinnstephens‌

A fellow steampunk! (Well kind of... I've read some H.G Wells, Jules Verne, appreciated the fonction: decor ratio of steampunk, the combination of the industrial half and the rich half (and some futuristic touches) of the Victorian Society, and I like retro-futurism in general. COULD NOT AGREE MORE)

Before you know it we might as well become "deepcraft"

Also it would be cool if furniture was added. For the decorative qualities while being craft able, at the same time they should remain Victorian (like a desk inspired by Sherlock Holmes). But being honest what would we add? I think stained wood/ painted wood would be cool, and accurate many Victorian homes have wood panelling on the sides.
    edited June 2014
    Dog_man77 said:

dentron said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Thank you! ;3

@p1nkbr0‌

@mikelaurence‌

@quinnstephens‌

A fellow steampunk! (Well kind of... I've read some H.G Wells, Jules Verne, appreciated the fonction: decor ratio of steampunk, the combination of the industrial half and the rich half (and some futuristic touches) of the Victorian Society, and I like retro-futurism in general. COULD NOT AGREE MORE)

Also it would be cool if furniture was added. For the decorative qualities while being craft able, at the same time they should remain Victorian (like a desk inspired by Sherlock Holmes). But being honest what would we add? I think stained wood/ painted wood would be cool, and accurate many Victorian homes have wood panelling on the sides.
    I'm more of newer steampunk but i actually have started making things that are cool looking yet useful. I actually made a steampunk lamp for my dresser like a week ago. I may post it sometime later or why not now? :) Also i like the wood paneling idea it would add a nice touch to houses.
    Post edited by dentron on
    image.jpg
    1452 x 1936 - 573K
    image.jpg
    1452 x 1936 - 573K
  • FloralFloral Eating a krabby patty!Member Posts: 1,838
    Yes :)
  • Wild_KrattWild_Kratt somewhere in the deep edges of space Member Posts: 426
    Maybe fossils
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,303
    dentron said:

Dog_man77 said:

dentron said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Thank you! ;3

@p1nkbr0‌

@mikelaurence‌

@quinnstephens‌

I'm more of newer steampunk but i actually have started making things that are cool looking yet useful. I actually made a steampunk lamp for my dresser like a week ago. I may post it sometime later or why not now? :) Also i like the wood paneling idea it would add a nice touch to houses.
    I'm still pretty new to steampunk. I weld, so I'm thinking of making some automata out of garden implements. I really got into steampunk after I started Deepworld. I love your lamp, you soldered it?
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    what about an old fashion radio
  • FloralFloral Eating a krabby patty!Member Posts: 1,838
    More FLOWERS
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    Bucket flowers
    Dog_man77 said:

dentron said:

Dog_man77 said:

dentron said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Thank you! ;3

@p1nkbr0‌

@mikelaurence‌

@quinnstephens‌

I'm still pretty new to steampunk. I weld, so I'm thinking of making some automata out of garden implements. I really got into steampunk after I started Deepworld. I love your lamp, you soldered it?
    Yeah i soldered the base and globe holder. I would like too some of your creations if you actually make them!