[Idea] Victorian Inspired Weapons (Old Codex Idea of mine)

Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
Ok so a while back, (before I had the forums) I came up with this idea on the codex. It was pretty good. So I'm going to revitalize it.
(Do note this was worded for the codex)

1st here's the link: http://www.deepworldgame.com/ideas/52eac35a31e8e12398000003

And here's the idea. (I have thought of a few add ons that will likely occur in the comments here, and if you have good add ons that meet the theme of what I'm saying you can say them here) (I also think it would be nice if this idea would receive more codex votes than "strip club")

So a lot of people seem to want new guns but I think they would detract from the steampunkness of the game. So Heres a few compromises: Gatling gun (small versions could be carried by players) and more to scale variants stationary like a turret, so you have to go up to it to use it. Along with these would be turrets we control to use as sniper points. Next idea grenadas (no I don't mean grenades) it's basically a primitive grenade they are basically a sphere filled with gunpowder that has a wick, in the game they could resemble and work like the bombs launched by lord brains. The last thing, cannons/ missile type laugher things. The launchers would be portable and perhaps used on submarines, or airships if such things enter the game, as could the cannons, though the cannons would be stationary. Really it's an appearance thing they would both shoot projectiles that have effects similar to certain bombs (the cannon being less powerful) if I have add ons to the idea I will comment below

Submitted by Dog-man77
«1

Comments

  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    What about tesla cannons? They would have to charge up and after they are done charging they shoot a very powerful bolt of electricity that deals very high damage
    PS: I was just thinking about posting a thread about weapons that would have Gatling guns
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    PIPTR0 said:

    What about tesla cannons? They would have to charge up and after they are done charging they shoot a very powerful bolt of electricity that deals very high damage
    PS: I was just thinking about posting a thread about weapons that would have Gatling guns

    OMG I HAVE TO DRAW WHAT I THINK THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE, it's so epic!!!!

    R.P.S. (Response to Post Script) OMG that is a coinkidink isn't it!!!
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    However I need an opinion. Would Gatling Guns be Player Held, ground mounted, or some of each?

    I think both would be cool, so you could have machine gun nests and such, which would be cool for official guild wars where you could actually have a frontline and gain ground etc. (which was part of the guild upgrades we're getting in 2.0... Well at least official guild alliances, wars and guild messages. However IDK about gaining ground in the guild wars.)

    And then the ability to carry one would be boss cause you could be all like this guy:
    -insert image of steampunk union soldier with Gatling gun from @tjergoz's thread about cannons-

  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    I'm gonna draw what I think the tesla cannon should look like

    Also I was thinking about mounted turrets for guild wars @-)
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    PIPTR0 said:

    I'm gonna draw what I think the tesla cannon should look like

    Also I was thinking about mounted turrets for guild wars @-)

    This is freaky! Like a lot!
    Well you know what they say "great minds think alike" -is not satisfied that this is enough to explain what's going on-
    Well let's see if @mikelaurence‌ @quinnstephens @jsonperl @lisa @FRANK or @Corey think it's a good idea.
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    Great, now I have to draw mine...
    -do note I will draw a handheld and a ground mounted version seeing as I reference both-
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    Duck said:

    1. Quack Cannons
    -'Nuff said
    2. Scrap Cannons
    -Turns your scrap into deadly shrapnel

    1. No
    2.... Maybe... But still kinda mostly-ish No.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,447
    Dog_man77 said:

    PIPTR0 said:

    I'm gonna draw what I think the tesla cannon should look like

    Also I was thinking about mounted turrets for guild wars @-)

    This is freaky! Like a lot!
    Well you know what they say "great minds think alike" -is not satisfied that this is enough to explain what's going on-
    Well let's see if @mikelaurence‌ @quinnstephens @jsonperl @lisa @FRANK or @Corey think it's a good idea.
    That would be great for guild wars! Like if there was a "base defense" mode, turrets could be used to defend the base better.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,094
    I think that you guys can draw way better than I can. I also think you can stop tagging Corey. His internship is over.
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    lisa said:

    I think that you guys can draw way better than I can. I also think you can stop tagging Corey. His internship is over.

    Corey was short lived.. :-\"
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    Instewd of crank do a do a button to fire
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    PIPTR0 said:

    What about tesla cannons? They would have to charge up and after they are done charging they shoot a very powerful bolt of electricity that deals very high damage
    PS: I was just thinking about posting a thread about weapons that would have Gatling guns

    Bomb cannns/grenda launcher (mini )
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    edited July 2014
    Z-6 clone blaster model form the internet
    image.jpg
    1009 x 431 - 96K
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,447
    PIPTR0 said:

    I gotz a gatlin gun!image

    That looks like the style of deepworld right now..
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    edited July 2014

    PIPTR0 said:

    I gotz a gatlin gun!image

    That looks like the style of deepworld right now..
    And so it should.

    P.S @PIPTR0 I was goofing around one day in a notebook trying to draw my vision of the Gatling gun and it looked almost exactly like that. Never fear! My tesla Cannon is way different!
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    PIPTR0 said:

    I gotz a gatlin gun!image

    I think the carrying handle should be a bit more forward... But that's my only "complaint" if you will.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    Dog_man77 said:

    PIPTR0 said:

    I gotz a gatlin gun!image

    I think the carrying handle should be a bit more forward... But that's my only "complaint" if you will.
    Yeah I was thinking that
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547

    Instewd of crank do a do a button to fire

    No early Gatling guns used cranks and I know this is steampunk but the crank is cool
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    edited July 2014
    OK it's finally here! The Dog-man77 Tesla Cannon design!

    please ignore the words "charging coil" at the front of the handheld one. I forgot to erase them.
    Tesla cannon.jpg
    2338 x 1700 - 212K
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    Introducing the newest and coolest PipCorp tesla cannon!
  • dentrondentron Stuck in a hole undergroundMember Posts: 369
    I would like a lower damage extremely high rate of fire Gatling gun...
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    Picture didn't come up
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    edited July 2014
    Still didn't come up!!!Also view in side mode if on a phone or else the picture is a little cut offimage
    image.jpg
    2034 x 888 - 784K
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    PIPTR0 said:

    Still didn't come up!!!Also view in side mode if on a phone or else the picture is a little cut offimage

    Cool! Any comments on mine?
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,547
    Dog_man77 said:

    OK it's finally here! The Dog-man77 Tesla Cannon design!

    please ignore the words "charging coil" at the front of the handheld one. I forgot to erase them.

    I really like the mounted one i didn't think about drawing it like an old style cannon
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    Put like telsa,pack,on like flamethrowers
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    The packs like ww2 flamethrower
    image.jpg
    373 x 398 - 45K
Sign In or Register to comment.