Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Competition #9: Fashion Funtimes - Design an outfit (ENDS Tuesday at 6 PM CST!)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
edited August 2014 in General
We are continually thrilled with the amazing fan art you guys create, so we thought it would be fun to have a competition to design new outfits! Winners will receive crowns and have their outfits implemented in-game (*as drawn by our art team - your version will be the guide!) And naturally, the grand prize winner will receive the coveted Brass Throne.

Rules:
- All entries must be original works of art
- Entries must be in color (colored pencils, etc., are fine - just not monochrome)
- Entries can be a single item (hat, shirt, etc.) or an outfit (at least three items - choose from hat, mask/glasses, top, pants/skirt, and shoes.) Only full outfits will be eligible for the grand and runner-up prizes. Either way, your single item or outfit must be drawn on top of a human figure of some sort.
- You are encouraged to have a theme that links all your items - judges will give extra weight to well-integrated outfits!
- You may submit as many entries as you like
- Entries must not be offensive or overly off-putting. Use good taste!
- Competition will end on August 12th.

Awards:
- Grand prize: in-game full costume, 500 crowns, brass throne
- Runners-up: in-game full costume, 250 crowns
- Besties: in-game single item (single hat, shirt, etc.), 100 crowns

Go ahead and just post your entries here. Happy drawing!

PS: We will get to our normal fan art awards soon, too!
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• ZacywackoZacywacko MemberPosts: 1,150Member
    edited July 2014
    ERMEHGERDDDDDDD I CAN DO THIS ONE!
    I'll probably do mask, hat and shirt.
  • lilroller717lilroller717 Under mapping on Ark.Posts: 1,563Member
    Yay! Ill Make 1!
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    YES
  • AstellaAstella Spying on the government while they spy on us . . . Posts: 611Member
    Crap. Color.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Cool, I might do a simple one, nothing too special.
  • NatoNato Sneaking in the back door of the Hershy FactoryPosts: 257Member
    This seems fun :D
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    Astella said:

Crap. Color.

You don't have to go nuts :)
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Posts: 3,673Member
    edited July 2014
    What about copyrighted stuff, like let's say you wanted to draw a clone trooper costume? OR ELSA HAIR!!!
  • lxlylxly anywhere but herePosts: 1,319Member
    On second thought, I'm better at modern and futuristic.

:(
    Wait, are we allowed to use colored pencils and pencils, that part confused me
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,195Member, Arbiter
    An art competition, the week Junktruck left for a while...damn.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsPosts: 521Member, Arbiter
    Nato8743 said:

Yes, that part confused me as well. Thanks for asking @Nato8743‌
  • AlgoryxAlgoryx OmicronPosts: 792Member
    @mikelaurence‌ what is the prize "single item"? Does that mean that the 3 winners get a piece of their outfit only or when you say it will be implemented in game that it will be publicly available to all the folks?
    Nato8743 said:

Colored pencils are fine. Just not gray-only pencil, or black-only ink.
    Algoryx said:

@mikelaurence‌ what is the prize "single item"? Does that mean that the 3 winners get a piece of their outfit only or when you say it will be implemented in game that it will be publicly available to all the folks?

The top winners will have their entire outfit published in-game. But we will likely see some one-off items that are great, too (like maybe someone drew an amazing hat), so we reserve the right to reward them too :)
  • NerevarineNerevarine IT'S YA GIRLPosts: 3,605Member
    Hmm.
    I'll think about it for a while and draw something.
  • AuraAura EnglandPosts: 5,075Member, Arbiter
    Art... -skulks away-
  • ipadsipads Posts: 2,001Member, Arbiter
    edited July 2014
    Oops, nevermind.
    Post edited by ipads on
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Are we allowed multiple entries?

Nato8743 said:

Colored pencils are fine. Just not gray-only pencil, or black-only ink.
    Algoryx said:

The top winners will have their entire outfit published in-game. But we will likely see some one-off items that are great, too (like maybe someone drew an amazing hat), so we reserve the right to reward them too :)
    Ok thanks for clarifying mike:)
    toadlover said:

Are we allowed multiple entries?

Multiple entries are fine!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,124Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    ... (dances)
  • CopperpotCopperpot Posts: 242Member
    I'm not good at drawing, in fact I'm not better than a chimp with a brush, but there is some stuff I would like to see in the game, and if drawing it helps, I'm gonna try. Just a side note, does a human need to be inside the outfit or could it be the outfit alone/outfit on a mannequin?
  • MRFROSTMRFROST Posts: 20Member
    @mikelaurence how do we submit in the competition. Do we post it here? Or do we have to do something else?
  • PoisonsPoisons JAILED IN JAIL CAUSE LIFE IS JAIL BRAH!Posts: 619Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey mike, can we use Computer?
  • AlgoryxAlgoryx OmicronPosts: 792Member
    We need more non-civilian issue clothing! I'll pay anything to get some cool military gear. maybe a ghillie suit....
    Copperpot said:

I'm not good at drawing, in fact I'm not better than a chimp with a brush, but there is some stuff I would like to see in the game, and if drawing it helps, I'm gonna try. Just a side note, does a human need to be inside the outfit or could it be the outfit alone/outfit on a mannequin?

Just add some googly eyes and a nose to the mannequin and we can count it :)
    MRFROST said:

@mikelaurence how do we submit in the competition. Do we post it here? Or do we have to do something else?

Upload images to this thread!
    iPadLight said:

Hey mike, can we use Computer?

Whatever you like! (As long as it's in color)
  • ArimasArimas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5SWeykbCjAPosts: 230Member
    /allnightermode
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Exactly what time on August 12th will the contest officially end, at Midnight or like in the middle of the day?
  • ChaosMetalChaosMetal Not tellin'Posts: 168Member
    I wont win at art....im still not to familiar with my computer lol....Brass throne though.and crowns....and your very own outfit in game..Congrats to whoever wins,ahead of time.i am interested in seeing these new outfits.heh.i like my current one,but i might change it if there is a new one i like.Thanks for doing this Bytebin
This discussion has been closed.