Weapon/craftables submissions

lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,104
edited September 2014 in Feedback and Game Ideas
This discussion was created from comments split from: Game Fashion & Item Design Submissions.

This is where you can submit things that are not cosmetic and take a bit more as far as gameplay goes. Again, posts with submission images only - others will be deleted. Have fun!

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,551
    Big one:image
    image.jpg
    1530 x 2048 - 2M
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,551
    Introducing...grey matter ore! Use it to craft various brain items I haven't posted yet!image
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    image.jpg
    1530 x 2048 - 2M
  • JalopwJalopw Village hidden in the sandMember Posts: 532
    The Tumbleweeder 3000!

It is an accessory that is attached to the arm. It adds a little button to the screen, just like a force shield. When used, it creates a cyclone of dirt, sand, snow, or... Brain Dirt? This cyclone masks the user and damages enemies around him/her. 5 steam per sec.
    As for crafting, maybe a canister and a steam cannon?
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • VickyTheExplorerVickyTheExplorer Rising from the grave.Member Posts: 412
    Sapling gun!
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    Go combo cannon!
    All guns
    One or each crystal(small)
    A schematic
    Mk2 fires 2 randm element(changes every 3 secnds)
    Mk3 possible bomb(random bomb 3%)
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    image.jpg
    960 x 720 - 157K
  • Dog_man77Dog_man77 Canada. But where in Canada? Depends... who are you?Member Posts: 1,302
    edited September 2014
    Ex3. Tesla Cannon- ground mount.
    Pros: 1.high destruction rate (explosion radius of a big bomb, with 2x the killing power)2. Would not take steam to operate.3. You could shoot it left or right rather easily able to go from pointed roughly 45 degrees down to 45 degrees up (left of right) 4. Range (perhaps 2-3x that of a mk3 musket)
    5. Medium price: (this depends on your perspective since it's half good and half bad) (probably 2-4 red crystals, 30 reinforced iron blocks, 4 batteries, and 10 brass)

Cons: 1. Not easily mobile, must be mined and placed (taking as long to mine as the average turret) (perhaps if and when vehicles are added then the ability to push it could come along, which would cut your players speed by 1/2 and only work on flat ground) 2.the rate of fire would be low. Perhaps 9 round per minute (1 every 7.5 seconds roughly) 3. Lacking significant accuracy (probably a 5 degree margin of error to each side if your desired angle ex. Aim for 10 degrees up, it would be anywhere from 5-15 degrees up) 4. The time to change the angle would be about 3 degrees per second (to go from 45 degrees down to 45 degrees up would take 30 seconds.) 4-3. To get the gun to face the opposite direction (left->right) would take 15 seconds.4-6. It could not be fired while changing the angle. 5. It would have the ability to destroy unprotected blocks in the same radius as a normal bomb, (this is bad because you don't know 100% where it's going) 6. Medium price, depends on opinion. 7. High engineering level (8-10)

This is directly copied from another thread (mine) and it is from my post.
    It refers to the pros and cons of a "Ground Mount Tesla Cannon"
    Please ignore the words "charging coil" towards the front of the shoulder mount. They were supposed to be erased.

And here's the pros and cons for the shoulder mount. Please note that @PIPTR0 originally suggested a tesla cannon, and we both did our own sketches of what it would look like in our minds. We both agreed however, on statistics. (Well he never contradicted them anyways...)

Anyway here's the stats for the "Shoulder Mount"!

Oh and the Tesla Cannon (shoulder mount) would have significantly less cons.

Ex.4. Tesla Cannon, shoulder mount.
    Pros: 1.can be moved easier than ground mount. (Still slowing the player while trying to move with the weapon selected, and slowing them when trying fire while moving, and 1-5. ineffective in the air (like the Gatling gun) 2. Would take 1/2 (about 1-2) the number of red crystals of the ground mount version. 3. Would require slightly lower engineering level(6-8) than the ground mount. 4. 1/2 the reload time of the ground mount 5. Slightly more range in terms of angles (down 50 degrees to up 50 degrees) 6. Able to be moved up and down with normal ease.

Cons: 1. 1/2 the range, and 2. explosion power (still having a blast radius equal to that of a big bomb, but only equal to a big bomb) 3. Less accurate than the ground mount (a 7 degree margin of error to each side, ex. Aim for 10 degree up, hit anywhere between 3degrees up and 17 degrees up.

In general it's pros and cons would look different but this is comparing it to the ground mount version.

image.jpg
    176 x 128 - 5K
  • ashmetashmet In DEEPWORLDMember Posts: 762
    Maby Energy Pistol MKiii, I know that it has been said before but we need one!!! Sorry I don't know how to draw one lol
    The second part of N.I. stuff:

An accessory I thought of: (don't judge me because I don't have onyx steampack, so I couldn't see its steam consumption rate)

N.I. Energypack:
    -Shoots energy out the bottom instead of shooting steam
    -More speedy efficient than onyx steampack
    -Works very bad under water
    -I'm not sure about this whole energy thing, but I think its cool. :3
    -Some of this may be a little OP, but I don't care...
    MkI: x2 more efficient and fast than onyx steampack
    MkII: x3 more efficient and fast than onyx steampack
    MkIII: x4 more efficient and fast than onyx steampack
    Recipe:
    -3 N.I. starter kits
    -1 onyx steampack
    -1 diamond steam pack
    -10 brain tentacles
    -4 brain C.P.U.s
    -5 brass pipes
    -6 brass blocks
    -4 copper blocks
    -2 iron blocks
    -10 gears
    -5 purple crystals
    -6 brain tentacle-caps
    -10 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: N.I. energypack

The two weapons I was mentioning:

N.I. Cannon:
    -Shoots in bursts at same speed as brain shooting
    MkI:
    -4 steam per burst
    -2 hearts of damage each burst
    -Shows peoples' and mobs' health above them when on your screen
    MkII:
    -3 steam per burst
    -3 hearts of damage each burst
    MkIII:
    -2 steam per burst
    -4 hearts of damage each burst
    Recipe:
    -2 N.I. starter kits
    -1 MkIII energy cannon
    -7 brain tentacles
    -2 brain C.P.U.s
    -3 brass pipes
    -3 brass blocks
    -2 copper blocks
    -1 iron block
    -5 gears
    -5 red crystals
    -5 brain tentacle-caps
    -5 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: N.I. cannon

N.I. Sledgehammer:
    -I don't know how much damage an onyx sledgehammer does, so it may be a little OP...
    MkI:
    -x2 more damage than onyx sledge
    MkII:
    - x3 more damage than onyx sledge
    MkIII:
    - x4 more damage than onyx sledge
    Recipe:
    -1 N.I. starter kit
    -1 onyx sledgehammer
    -1 diamond sledgehammer
    -5 brain tentacles
    -1 brain C.P.U.
    -3 brass pipes
    -3 brass blocks
    -2 copper blocks
    -1 iron block
    -3 gears
    -3 purple crystals
    -3 pneumatic movement servos (like super-sledges in Fallout)
    -5 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: N.I. sledgehammer

I am also planning of stuff that is better than onyx powerboot, onyx stopwatch, whatever the best survival thing is, rabbit foot, shield, and whatever else there is!

N.I. Engineering Station:
    Recipe:
    -1 old-fashioned monitor
    -3 old-fashioned keypads
    -1 forge
    -20 brass blocks
    -15 copper blocks
    -10 iron blocks
    -10 gears
    -5 purple crystals
    -3 brain tanks (possible rare brain loot)
    -10 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: N.I. engineering station

Additional Ideas:

Steam to Energy:
    Imagine there was a way to convert steam power to energy aka: steam dynamo! (accessory) For every 1 steam you have, (you can also have a compressor for additional energy, because you would technically have more steam) you get 2 energy! It is a way to have the ultimate edge in combat, and items (possibly only N.I. items that would use steam) would only use 1 energy for every 1 steam it would use! There could also be an item that increases you energy capacity, aka: energy cell! (could be 3 tiers, [you could upgrade them with weapon upgrade kits] mkI would give 10 5 extra, mkII 10 extra, and mkIII 15 extra)
    Recipe for steam dynamo:
    -1 brass pipe
    -1 lead pipe
    -3 brain C.P.U.s
    -5 purple crystals
    -1 experimental electric motor
    -5 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: steam dynamo

Recipe for energy cell:
    -5 wire bundles
    -8 experimental batteries
    -3 copper blocks
    -1 brain C.P.U.

N.I. Interface station:
    Allows you to change settings on your N.I. items. EX: Set energypack to automatically use canisters (or external batteries for energy) if your steam gets bellow a certain level, or your N.I. cannon to use a certain amount of jerky or power jerky when your health goes bellow a certain level
    Recipe:
    -1 old-fashioned monitor
    -1 old-fashioned keypad
    -1 brain in a jar
    -10 gears
    -5 purple crystals
    -5 brass pipes
    -3 lead pipes
    -5 brass blocks
    -4 copper blocks
    -3 iron blocks
    -5 schematics
    -1 specialized schematic: N.I. interface station

Rare brain loot:
    All rare brain loot (EX: brain tentacles, brain C.P.U.s, tubes o' brain juice, micro-tanks, tentacle caps, brain jars, and shriveled brains [old-fashioned stuff and specialized schematic are super rare drops from mechanical chests]) can be looted from special salvaged brain crates. (as mentioned at the beginning) Five of these crates spawn in each brain world, and there is a 10% chance of getting a rare brain item, a 89% of getting scrap metal, and a 1% of getting baby brain canister, which acts like a butler bot, except it is a baby brain. Specialized schematics and old-fashioned stuff has a 5% of being looted from a mechanical chest.

That's all folks! Feel free to comment and critique
    D:< why aren't the pictures loading?!?
  • PolarisPhaedraPolarisPhaedra In a galaxy far far away...Member Posts: 11
    Interesting.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    Oxidis said:

Packed Earth:

Crafting:
    -A certain number of earth blocks, possibly 10

The colour should similar to regular earth.
    The main difference is that it cannot be dug with a spade, which allows for more building possibilities.

The attached image is just one possibility. It doesn't need to look too segmented though.

And can be placed in the sky without fear of dissappearing!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690
    um. I'd like to suggest some form of lantern that doesn't have to be placed on a backdrop block, like how you can place crystal blocks in the sky.
    It would make making light features easier.
  • GilbyGilby Member, Arbiter Posts: 1,764
    Everywhen said:

um. I'd like to suggest some form of lantern that doesn't have to be placed on a backdrop block, like how you can place crystal blocks in the sky.
    It would make making light features easier.

Try placing the lantern with a butler
  • Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Member Posts: 1,011
    An automata table! I know, it sounds a lot like a crafting table, but it would be a rare, and anyone can use it even if its protected. You can also loot (or rarely drop from automations) automation parts e.i. propellers, bodies, legs... Put together in the automata table will make a pet automata crate with a picture of your customized automation on the outside. It could also take maybe around 100 shillings, but then it could also be an android thing.