Are tree roots coming back soon?

toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,424
So, with all of the new world size stuff, I went out and bought some crowns so that I could get my hands on them for myself. The additional Halloween items are a nice incentive to get them now too. Unfortunately, I am torn in regards to buying one at the moment, since I love decorating with the trees that naturally generate in temperate worlds, but their roots are currently not generating. What I would like to know is if the roots will be coming back before the cobwebs and bone piles stop generating or not. If they are, I'll gladly hold off on buying them until then, but if not I guess I'll just buy the worlds now.

Comments

• toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,424
    Oh, cool! I guess I can stop making a mad dash for every cobweb and bone pile I see then, since their generation is permanent.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2014

Tree roots will return... soon (a weird issue cropped up). Bone piles and cobwebs are permanent.

Will the trees generated before the fix have roots once again? Or only the ones generated after? @mikelaurence‌
  • lxlylxly Snow SeaMember Posts: 1,319
    Clueboe said:

Tree roots will return... soon (a weird issue cropped up). Bone piles and cobwebs are permanent.

Is the issue firmly rooted in the code?
    Will you have to cut off the issue at the root?
    Did you try checking the root directory?

You know, if you say "root" enough times, it stops sounding like a real word.

We're rooting for you, Mike.
    Works with finger too
    Missy8409 said:

Will the trees generated before the fix have roots once again? Or only the ones generated after? @mikelaurence‌
    I think it would be impossible to give them roots again unless they do every tree manually, right?
    Okay, so I guess I'll have to hold off buying a world for a while. Thank you, Missy:)
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    We obviously need to get to the root of this problem, however seeing how the roots don't generate is quite flax-inating.
  • Junktruck98Junktruck98 Member Posts: 3,260
    I AM ROOT
    I'd hate to dig this thread up, but it's been nearly a year since the tree roots have gone missing. Are they ever coming back? I was refraining on buying a world until they've returned. I haven't heard anymore word on the matter so I was wondering if this was still going to be resolved at some point?
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    I've never saw a tree root :(
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    I guess mike has found the "root" of the problem.
    YEAHHHHHHH
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493
    I never even knew roots existed (in the game). This is all news for me!
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302
    Roots still do have their texture,you can see the roots in old worlds that had them before the disappearance of the roots.Maybe they'll return "soon"
    edited July 2015

Roots still do have their texture,you can see the roots in old worlds that had them before the disappearance of the roots.Maybe they'll return "soon"

Do you happen to know a particular name of a world that still has these mystical "roots" ?
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302

Do you happen to know a particular name of a world that still has these mystical "roots" ?
    Maybe New Hills in middle spawn will work?
    edited July 2015

Maybe New Hills in middle spawn will work?
    K thx bruh
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    I didn't even notice they left
  • KodacKodac Member Posts: 101
    They were nice, about 6-7 extra wood per tree. Hope to see them come back "soon".
  • AuraAura EnglandMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,064
    samcam100 said:

Clueboe said:

Is the issue firmly rooted in the code?
    Will you have to cut off the issue at the root?
    Did you try checking the root directory?

You know, if you say "root" enough times, it stops sounding like a real word.

We're rooting for you, Mike.

Works with finger too
    Why on earth would you be saying finger multiple times in a short period?
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
    iain2318 said:

I've never saw a tree root :(

You have now! They used to not have that block of dirt in the middle, too. I forget what gen version that happened with.
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599

There are some in my world
  • SimplinSimplin Member Posts: 24
    Try Experiences>Random and you will find plenty of old trees with roots.
    Here is some at Glibtippy Village.
    glip.png
    1673 x 947 - 2M
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited October 2015
    Major grave-dig, but I'm still wondering about the roots. I want them. It makes collecting an absurd amount of wood very hard.
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2015
    p1nkbr0 said:

Major grave-dig, but I'm still wondering about the roots. I want them. It makes collecting an absurd amount of wood very hard.

I didn't realize they were gone till now. Okay now I'm furious. What was the reason why they were removed?!
    :smiley: (Totally not furious due to the smiley face, but still).

EDIT: I just looked and saw that I commented on this already, when I read it I was thinking of cobwebs and bone piles for some other reason.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,692
    edited October 2015
    I thought that you could still get wood by mining underneath trees, it just looks like wood blocks.

Maybe I'm mixed up... (goes and checks)

EDIT: oh. nope. dayum.
  • LorthrashLorthrash Member Posts: 615
    edited October 2015
    I remember when roots existed... I kinda want them back too...

Maybe I have some in my world I made before I left...