Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge Submissions: Turn Your Builds into Official "Loot Destinations"

Comments

• Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    edited November 2014
    Quick question: If one were to win and add additional pros such as 1-2 micros to add as an extension to connect steam lines, would the devs also be able too add those additional pros?
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Posts: 4,035Member, Arbiter
    edited November 2014
    If I built my entry in my private world, and the build was protected, will you ever remove the protectors soon? Or should I just build it in a public world?
  • ABBYSUPERABBYSUPER killing dem titansPosts: 429Member
    OOH this will be fun -grabs switches and mines- >:)
  • 6moons6moons Posts: 63Member
    These are some pics of the dungeon i made in my world (Hotwire HQ) hope u like, and also the line of acid bottles is where acid will be filled in the dungeon area if you wan as ee yourself with better image head to my world
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 207K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 192K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    Note added: larger / more complex entries will receive extra consideration and get better loot/XP at the end (and a better bonus for the submitter).

The goal is to send players to these challenges either via quests or via a challenge listing, so the play experience should last for a little while to justify the travel. So, your challenge should take at least 5 minutes to complete, and ideally more than that!
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    Photos of the final draft, as well as one with my first test monkey :)
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 177K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 135K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 238K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 290K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 246K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 261K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 257K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 252K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 106K
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    I would like to enter a structure that is a part of a larger structure of mine (Clockwork Parkour). Would it work out where that part of my larger creation is covered by developer protectors, and the rest be mine?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator
    toadlover said:

I would like to enter a structure that is a part of a larger structure of mine (Clockwork Parkour). Would it work out where that part of my larger creation is covered by developer protectors, and the rest be mine?

Yep, no problem.
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 565Member
    World Name: Taunton Way
    Landmark: Abandoned Mechanic
    639 west 7m down
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 167K
  • Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Posts: 1,011Member

Note added: larger / more complex entries will receive extra consideration and get better loot/XP at the end (and a better bonus for the submitter).

The goal is to send players to these challenges either via quests or via a challenge listing, so the play experience should last for a little while to justify the travel. So, your challenge should take at least 5 minutes to complete, and ideally more than that!

*runs to make bigger dungeon*
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Alright, time for my first entry then. This was my first attempt at making a dungeon, a very very long time ago. I'm glad that potentially people can come visit it now.

World Name: Worthing
    Landmark Name: The Gauntlet
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 290K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 299K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 254K
    Here are two more currently existing structures of mine that I can submit at the moment:

World Name: Clearvale
    Landmark Name: Clockwork Parkour

World Name: Clearvale
    Landmark Name: Hermes' Gauntlet
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 283K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 274K
  • OxidisOxidis Posts: 794Member, Arbiter

Good, good. I think my three challenges satisfy those criteria.
    However, some of the gauntlets posted here look like they can be rushed through very quickly. Consider adding a section that makes the visitor pause and think, or perhaps a hidden switch or even some backstory. A 'challenge' that only goes for a minute or so isn't worth it.

@toadlover It looks like the red chest in your first screenshot can be looted with the direct interaction glitch.
  • AEONXALAEONXAL in the Ridorana CataractPosts: 965Member
    edited November 2014
    Spikes, lava, turrets, timed switches, puzzle.
    Not an easy one.
    Switches which determine your speed, perception and survival.

A dungeon about the death or life.
    Discover the hidden secrets within the story!

World Name: Avon Falls
    Plaque Name: Dungeon of Misery
    Chest: 1 Large Red Chest
    Size: 1 Large Protector, 2 Protectors
    Difficulty: Pure Hell
    Image:

EDIT: More spikes and turrets
    UPDATE: Puzzle and difficulty enhanced
    Post edited by AEONXAL on
    image.jpg
    1024 x 741 - 275K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 741 - 274K
  • Ivan_BestIvan_Best Posts: 606Member
    World Name: Giblet City
    LandMark Name: Ivan's Parkour!
    Seems easy but not easy when you cant fly!
  • Ivan_BestIvan_Best Posts: 606Member
    Forgot to add pictures:

imageimageimageimage
    Hope you all like it!
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 997K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 932K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 934K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 1012K
  • Pikagirl88Pikagirl88 Researching plasma vision for Supermonkey in monkey city!Posts: 609Member
    So this is a competition that will never close?
    So the devs will be so busy visiting our landmarks that they wont be able to make new stuff?
  • Porkchop333Porkchop333 AustraliaPosts: 147Member

So this is a competition that will never close?
    So the devs will be so busy visiting our landmarks that they wont be able to make new stuff?

There's more then 1 dev and they don't need to see it in a rush
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,131Member
    They can also send in @lisa to do the job.

They can also send in @lisa to do the job.

Yeah right. Send Lisa to do all the dirty jobs.
  • darklord11darklord11 Crooklyn, Better Known as BrooklynPosts: 1,916Member
    @mikelaurence would you be able to suppress an entire world with your dev powers?
  • World is Pickaxeland and go to the plaque that says "CHALENGE"
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 554K
  • VINCECRAFTTNTVINCECRAFTTNT The man in the picture of the picture of the man in the picture. guess which picture!Posts: 34Member
    edited November 2014
    i DIDNT like it so I tore it down- can't delet pictures cuz of lag, the end.
    Post edited by VINCECRAFTTNT on
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 865K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 896K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 865K
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Posts: 2,196Member, Arbiter
    I got a chest of plenty before it was mainstream ;) thanks Quinn. (He placed one in January)
  • CreamtntCreamtnt Posts: 16Member
    I made one today , this is at Newfunland
    this is called : What is that ?!?
    This is a Dungeon/Grotto.
    There isnt any risk to die , but this like a maze , there is a possibility to take the wrong way.
    I placed an inactive chest at the end of the dungeon.
    Update #2
    Its very big , around 300x300 blocks
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 592K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 648K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 643K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 720K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 693K
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZPosts: 1,783Member, Arbiter
    Im wondering, would you be able to put an auto-spawner in mine if it got chosen? @mikeIaurence‌
  • FlappyWolfFlappyWolf ZOOPosts: 40Member
    When will this end?

When will this end?

NEVER. ~O)
  • Pikagirl88Pikagirl88 Researching plasma vision for Supermonkey in monkey city!Posts: 609Member
    edited November 2014
    Type: chest of plenty zone
    Screenshots: sorry, couldn't take screenshots
    Creator: XMEWTHREEX and maybe part of the idea was by me, but most of it was planned by him
    World: petasnod glade
    Name: challenge tutorial
    Difficulty: totally hard
    Info: a test of agility, power, and skill. Makes players fight brains, shovel up sandstone, swim in acid, and all that must be done in given time, the time taken to complete this challenge is considerably more then 8 minutes.
    Edit : grammar
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniversePosts: 265Member
    I have attatched some screen shots and I hope you like them!

World: Deep PvP
    Name: Deep Dungeon
    Difficulty: Challenging
    Creator: Chromic (my ign)

Brief description: A dungeon to put your agility, combat and stamina to the limit! Can you live in lava, speed past spikes, trick the turrets and even blow up some brains?! Try now!!
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 333K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 346K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 336K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 306K