Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge Submissions: Turn Your Builds into Official "Loot Destinations"

Comments

• Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Posts: 239Member
    A Nightmare in DENTOPIA

World: DENTOPIA
    Site Name: Dent's Nightmare

A choose your own adventure, room escape Game.

Story:
    You have a very bad dream, a nightmare....Dark Robed Cultists stand around your bed...you try to scream...but u can't!
    You wake up, or is it a dream?
    Your Bedroom looks weird...everything is strange...is this your house?

Try to escape the Cultists of the sleeping God Cthulhu and make ur way through a complex and creepy adventure!

DENTOPIA is exclusivly designed and built by Sir_Athur_Dent.

DENTOPIA awaits you! Escape Dent's Nightmare!

I hope you enjoy it.

Best Sir_Athur_Dent

image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 968K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 958K
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Posts: 1,233Member
    Steve777 said:

Can we have an entrance through our pros into the dungeon?

• Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Posts: 1,011Member
    Steve777 said:

Steve777 said:

Can we have an entrance through our pros into the dungeon?

?
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloPosts: 1,584Member
    Creation Name: The Timed Gauntlet

World Name: Maidenhead Ridge

Goals: Hack all 3 terminals to gain access to the Vault

Difficulty: HARD

image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 335K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 236K
  • Peter100Peter100 WoozworldPosts: 54Member
    edited November 2014
    Can we do more than 1 submission? And if we can, may we do something like a hall of dungeons?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    Peter100 said:

Can we do more than 1 submission? And if we can, may we do something like a hall of dungeons?

Submit as many as you like. Hall of dungeons sounds cool!
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member

Peter100 said:

Submit as many as you like. Hall of dungeons sounds cool!
    So i can turn a whole public world into a big dungeon or many small ones? I just wana make sure :)
  • Pikagirl88Pikagirl88 Researching plasma vision for Supermonkey in monkey city!Posts: 609Member
    Is it allowed to place landmark plaques in the dungeons?
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniversePosts: 265Member
    Just a little notice:

@mikelaurence I have added some more turrets and various other items to my submission. But they are not in my screenshots. Is that OK?
  • CreamtntCreamtnt Posts: 16Member
    Dear laurence , when will you start to visit Challenges ?
    thx for answer :) hope i see you soon , Cream
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Posts: 451Member
    Lol cream he is a person, I know you want a reply but just say "hay mike when will you be visiting the submitted challenges" and I'm sure he will comment back. I'm liking how your putting the ", cream" thing it's cool
  • Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Posts: 1,011Member
    I'm working on a top secret project ;) that will win for sure! B-)
  • CreamtntCreamtnt Posts: 16Member
    Grayson said:

Lol cream he is a person, I know you want a reply but just say "hay mike when will you be visiting the submitted challenges" and I'm sure he will comment back. I'm liking how your putting the ", cream" thing it's cool

Okay ... And where is the problem lol ?
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    Introducing the... CRANIAL CAVITY OF DEATH!!!
    There somehow needs to be naturally spawning adult brains in it somehow!!!
    imageimageimageimage
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 208K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 164K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 107K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 107K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 85K

Updated the gauntlet. Agility 10 is pretty much a necessity (or so that i heard from @MultiPackWolf‌ ). I balanced it for a smoother experience. And eliminated mostly all glitching opportunities. It would really mean a lot if ya guys checked it out! I spent a lot of hours calculating and balancing it for a fun and sometimes hair-ripping experience
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesPosts: 3,127Member
    ^It's nearly impossible at agility level 10. But with a bit of "cheating" it's easy.
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Posts: 721Member
    edited November 2014

Updated the gauntlet. Agility 10 is pretty much a necessity (or so that i heard from @MultiPackWolf‌ ). I balanced it for a smoother experience. And eliminated mostly all glitching opportunities. It would really mean a lot if ya guys checked it out! I spent a lot of hours calculating and balancing it for a fun and sometimes hair-ripping experience
    Did you know i can use all the terminals without any work to do?
    If there is just 2 block wall betwen me and the target tele then i can easy press them, but if you use 3 block wall then no one can use it
    And i thought it will be more hecking .-. I have some ideas for it, if you intrest.
  • ahmedthe23gahmedthe23g Posts: 79Member
    Then u see my building

Did you know i can use all the terminals without any work to do?
    If there is just 2 block wall betwen me and the target tele then i can easy press them, but if you use 3 block wall then no one can use it
    And i thought it will be more hecking .-. I have some ideas for it, if you intrest.
    The more agility you have the easier it is. And sure tell me the ideas
  • eufult202eufult202 Posts: 211Member
    edited November 2014
    The Maze of Mystery
    Type: Maze
    Edit: i changed the name
    This maze will really test your skills of memory and ability to pass each segment of the maze.
    imageimageimage
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 232K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 356K
  • SalamonSalamon A circle within a spiral...Posts: 254Member
    Sir_Athur said:

A Nightmare in DENTOPIA

World: DENTOPIA
    Site Name: Dent's Nightmare

A choose your own adventure, room escape Game.

Story:
    You have a very bad dream, a nightmare....Dark Robed Cultists stand around your bed...you try to scream...but u can't!
    You wake up, or is it a dream?
    Your Bedroom looks weird...everything is strange...is this your house?

Try to escape the Cultists of the sleeping God Cthulhu and make ur way through a complex and creepy adventure!

DENTOPIA is exclusivly designed and built by Sir_Athur_Dent.

DENTOPIA awaits you! Escape Dent's Nightmare!

I hope you enjoy it.

Best Sir_Athur_Dent

I have to say, I highly recommend this map, I got confused and everything, as I rightly should have, you have to explore the whole thing to get a real sense of it, and there are a few surprises! Visit dentopia now to check it out.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,125Member, Moderator, Arbiter

Have you built a dungeon, maze, parkour, or other interesting challenge in which Deepworlders can test their skills? We might just turn it into an "official" loot/XP destination! Submit your entries in this thread.

Submission guidelines:
    - Include the title, world/location, brief description, and at least one screenshot.
    - Entries can be any type of challenge, but they must have an end location where a loot chest can be placed.
    - Entries can be any level of difficulty as long as there is some difficulty. If you want to make a cool scenic/quest-type entry that's mostly just a tour, that's fine, but you must include a minimal amount of gameplay like timed switches, choose-your-own-adventure target teleporter setup, etc.
    - Entries should take at least 5 minutes to complete, ideally more. Larger / more complex entries will get better loot and better rewards for the submitter.
    - Entries must be in a public world (public/protected and any biome/size is fine).
    - If you've created an announcement thread for your challenge, link it in the post!

Selection process:
    We will evaluate all entries, although it may take time. We will notify submitters if their entries are accepted, or if we think they just need a few changes. If your entry isn't a good fit, you may or may not receive a notification.

Acceptance:
    - Your entry will receive a loot chest with loot and/or XP bonuses commensurate with the difficulty of the challenge.
    - Your entry will be protected by admin protectors and will no longer be changeable. Your own protectors, if any, will be returned.
    - Your entry will be listed in the wiki challenge index.
    - You yourself will receive a nice XP/loot thank-you bonus! Larger / more complex entries will warrant larger bonuses.

Happy building!

Note: This thread will eventually be stickied in the "Come and Visit" category.

So. Question. Are we allowed to have gimmicky engineering that once solved by one person can easily be taught to another?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    Everywhen said:

So. Question. Are we allowed to have gimmicky engineering that once solved by one person can easily be taught to another?

Sure!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WPosts: 5,125Member, Moderator, Arbiter

Everywhen said:

Sure!
    YAYAYAYAYAY!!!
    I know just the thing.
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack California-ParisPosts: 321Member
    I organizeded a contest at game but it was a dream when i sleep realy weird0.0
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    PIPTR0 said:

Introducing the... CRANIAL CAVITY OF DEATH!!!
    There somehow needs to be naturally spawning adult brains in it somehow!!!
    imageimageimageimage

Forgot some stuff:
    World: Mount Spokebigsby
    Description: A 'lil dungeon that is mainly just built to look like a brain!
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    I guess I probably should have asked this earlier, but can our entries require that the player have certain items? The one that I am currently making requires the user to have at least one butler bot (with the move directive) and a zepplin. This being said, the user needs to be premium to access the world anyway.
  • AnthomirAnthomir Posts: 9Member
    edited November 2014
    I made a dungeon in
    world named deepworld help destination named dungeon
  • PantherPanther Posts: 7Member
    World name: Aeirth
    Created by: Sabira
    Type: Maze
    Label on map: Maze