Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge Submissions: Turn Your Builds into Official "Loot Destinations"

Comments

• Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloPosts: 1,584Member

Creation Name: The Timed Gauntlet

World Name: Maidenhead Ridge

Goals: Hack all 3 terminals to gain access to the Vault

Difficulty: HARD

Okay i would like to re-submit this entry. I have fixed minor issues such as ability to glitch in certain areas and being trapped in dirt. This is a dungeon that requires 10 agility at least and is extremelly difficult. You have to "hack" all 3 terminals to enter the vault. You also have to use lots of problem solving. If a player fails to "hack" a terminal then they will be forced to restart. Go to maidenhead ridge and check out what i mean!
  • OxidisOxidis Posts: 794Member, Arbiter
    Bunker Defence has been updated:
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/comment/288933/#Comment_288933

Now it has 16 waves in total and it takes around 15 minutes to reach the last wave.
    Unlike the other challenges here, this one has strong emphasis on firepower, making it unique in that aspect. A well-equipped player could attempt to solo it or people could try to tackle the challenge in groups.

The Hardmode switch has been changed to enable Hardmode for the entire duration.

For more information, go to the linked comment.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Posts: 1,165Member
    I title this one "Stay Inside the Lines". It's located in the world named LittyKittys World. It's a complex dungeon-like course that tests multiple areas of skill. There's lots of different rooms and passageways that include danger (such as spikes, turrets, etc.) and skill (such as times switches, steam power, etc.) that are all different and potentially fun and enjoyable!
    I've done several tests and it takes between 5-15 minutes to complete (depending on levels of skill)
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 331K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 347K
  • Xx_Carter_xXXx_Carter_xX Swimming in your Sprite bottle.Posts: 57Member
    Does it have to be on a world you own? (Just to make sure before I start building it on a random world)
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Upon request, would it be possible for us to mark locations for checkpoint obelisks in our creations? If so, they would most conveniently be added when the creation is being transferred from the player to the devs.
  • T_MillionT_Million Much Social, Such Online, So AwesomePosts: 237Member

Have you built a dungeon, maze, parkour, or other interesting challenge in which Deepworlders can test their skills? We might just turn it into an "official" loot/XP destination! Submit your entries in this thread.

Submission guidelines:
    - Include the title, world/location, brief description, and at least one screenshot.
    - Entries can be any type of challenge, but they must have an end location where a loot chest can be placed.
    - Entries can be any level of difficulty as long as there is some difficulty. If you want to make a cool scenic/quest-type entry that's mostly just a tour, that's fine, but you must include a minimal amount of gameplay like timed switches, choose-your-own-adventure target teleporter setup, etc.
    - Entries should take at least 5 minutes to complete, ideally more. Larger / more complex entries will get better loot and better rewards for the submitter.
    - Entries must be in a public world (public/protected and any biome/size is fine).
    - If you've created an announcement thread for your challenge, link it in the post!

Selection process:
    We will evaluate all entries, although it may take time. We will notify submitters if their entries are accepted, or if we think they just need a few changes. If your entry isn't a good fit, you may or may not receive a notification.

Acceptance:
    - Your entry will receive a loot chest with loot and/or XP bonuses commensurate with the difficulty of the challenge.
    - Your entry will be protected by admin protectors and will no longer be changeable. Your own protectors, if any, will be returned.
    - Your entry will be listed in the wiki challenge index.
    - You yourself will receive a nice XP/loot thank-you bonus! Larger / more complex entries will warrant larger bonuses.

Happy building!

Note: This thread will eventually be stickied in the "Come and Visit" category.

Just saw the thread, I might not be able to have the administrator pros as I have an orange portal and a friend's town nearby. Is there a way to only allow me on the admin protector because I need most of the space.

Anyways, my challenge is a W.I.P. If you want to preview it, head to Arendelle if you have premuim.
  • ZstormGamesZstormGames http://www.youtube.com/zstormhPosts: 2,044Member
    edited December 2014
    Me and Justice Gaming (aka @Onyx_Future‌) decided that we would like to review these challenge submissions to possibly make it easier for people to identify what challenges have a fun but yet challenging aspect to them. This one is for one of @Oxidis‌ challenges that me and Justice found very fun yet had a little challenge to it!

Post edited by ZstormGames on
  • Onyx_FutureOnyx_Future New forums account @JusticeGamingPosts: 69Member

Me and Justice Gaming (aka @Onyx_Future‌) decided that we would like to review these challenge submissions to possibly make it easier for people to identify what challenges have a fun but yet challenging aspect to them. This one is for one of @Oxidis‌ challenges that me and Justice found very fun yet had a little challenge to it!

I changed my ign to JusticeGaming just to tell you all!
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    edited December 2014
    My second entry is a dungeon i made at St. elgin which requires mostly the skills of parkour, agility, logic, and shoveling. I've timed many of the people who try it and it takes 15-20 minutes on average. The whole dungeon is covered within the radius of a mega pro.The plaque is named recycler dungeon btw. Also might have overdone the photos a little, hehe.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 298K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 251K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 255K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 260K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 284K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 267K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 273K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 218K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 263K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 229K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 253K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 236K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 275K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 174K

I title this one "Stay Inside the Lines". It's located in the world named LittyKittys World. It's a complex dungeon-like course that tests multiple areas of skill. There's lots of different rooms and passageways that include danger (such as spikes, turrets, etc.) and skill (such as times switches, steam power, etc.) that are all different and potentially fun and enjoyable!
    I've done several tests and it takes between 5-15 minutes to complete (depending on levels of skill)

Basically, if you don't have an exo skin then you're done for *looks at acid*
  • Onyx_FutureOnyx_Future New forums account @JusticeGamingPosts: 69Member
    edited December 2014
    My second entry.
    Brainocalypse
    World: Steampunk Castle

This one i added a deep storyline to with lots of emotional mood swings >:) It's pretty cool. I decided to screenshot the very least I could so I could make you all go and read the storyline yourself and figure out what happend to your parents after the brain apocalypse. Or as I like to say Brainocalypse. So here it is, the whole world is the challenge but your destination to go through this challenge is in my protected world Steampunk Castle, Uses 0 protectors! Exept for you know... The one million spawners :))
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 258K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 286K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 273K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 270K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 229K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 274K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 298K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 226K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 266K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 243K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 222K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 274K
  • Rockster514Rockster514 The TARDISPosts: 371Member
    Since you attempted implementing home worlds but found that they were ineffective for newer players, perhaps a more challenging one of these in a premium only world could give home worlds out? This could re-add a use for world keys and add another bonus for buying premium.
    My finish of the first level.There will be a second one soon. It is called Trainerrific. It is in Arendelle
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 225K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 199K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 187K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 137K
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    I would like to also point out that one of my entries has been blocked out by other landmark plaques placed by another player whose name will not be mentioned, however, this map shows where the dungeon is in case you can't find it.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 310K
  • Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniversePosts: 265Member
    My Second Entry:

Name: Skilled Test Maze
    World: Skilled HQ
    Builder: Chromic
    Description: This is a maze that you can try to overcome. Outwit the turrets, blow up some brains and dodge some exploders. Good luck.

PS: This was originally built for my guild only but then I made it for everyone. I hope I'm not too late.

image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 253K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 279K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 270K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 323K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 302K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 306K
  • Smoothy44Smoothy44 Posts: 9Member

What's the date limit we have to

• Smoothy44Smoothy44 Posts: 9Member

fixed version
    World: Design HQ
    Now added all turret to be flame and fire
    make the Teleport thing (forget name) to be light
    make satan eye bowl

Looks really great! You'll want to change the pipe shapes in the first screenshot, though - they look too similar to swastikas.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    edited December 2014
    I have finally finished my Gerudo Valley dungeon. To complete this dungeon, the player will need a zepllin and a butler bot (any type) with the move directive. As for completion time, it takes me 5+ minutes, and I know where I am going. This could easily take your average player 20+ minutes. If at all possible, if would be nice if a checkpoint obelisk could be placed within the large chamber within the temple so that if a player dies, they don't have to redo the preliminary challenges.

World: Gerudo Valley
    Location: The entire world, the chest being at ~196 west, 107 up
    Dungeon Name: Light Temple
    Builder name: toadlover

More details can be found here: http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/19741/somethings-astir-in-the-lanayru-region?new=1
    (In case that first link doesn't work, use this: http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/19741/somethings-astir-in-the-lanayru-region-gerudo-valley-is-now-open?new=1 )

Due to the difficulty of this puzzle, I can provide a demonstration to the devs.

Also, is there any word on when the first of these will become actual loot destinations?
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 375K
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,085Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    World Name: Dover

Not my build, but if any place deserves a chest o plenty, it's this.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    I'm planning to get the first batch of these added next week, so stay tuned!
  • KingArt03KingArt03 RealLifeVillePosts: 571Member
    @toadlover‌ 's Gerudo valley.
    it has fun activities and includes 4 massive dungeons and kinda rage -y
    he hopes the world will be popular but it isnt.
    and please check it out its great!
    and he hopes theres loot on the chest he placed haha
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 564Member
    Finished this parkour. Also tested it as well, takes about a couple of minutes to be completed. There will also be a lot of levels as well.

World Name: Battleon
    Location of Parkour: Underground, teleporter provided
    Parkour Name: Hardcore Parkour

Picture of loot destination:
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 220K
    I'm hoping that this will be consiered as at least this is somewhat educational. My Lauriate doesn't offer much if a challenge, but it has the player watch (or at least sit through) 5 poems, and then be able to access a room with a chest. I have timed it out, and the fstest that one can access the chest is over 6 minutes, so it is easy, but not instant loot. Certainly the loot content wouldn't be anything of much value. It would actually be a very good location to offer building materials like touchplates though. Also, if this is accepted, I would greatly appreciate it if I still had access to the circuitry of this creation. I have plans on adding more content to this over time. The new content would not contribute to the doors to access the chest, and would merely be auxiliary content.

World: Urrth
    Landmark Name: Lauriate
    Builder Name: Toadlover

More information can be found at: http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/19942/the-lauriate-is-up-and-runing#latest
  • DaleDale Posts: 313Member
    You traded your last piece of Onyx for a few moody pages of a handwritten journal. But you know have the clues you need to to discover have the ruins of the city of the ancient people of Anesha. The world is known to you as Dover. The journal entries are incomplete and so you keep hope that Indiana never claimed the treasures that await inside the giant pyramid.

Can you find the legendary pyramid of Doom? Navigate its horrors and claim the treasure for yourself? Or will the Sleeping giants that guard the lost city awaken and release their horde of minions to destroy you?

World: Dover
    Type: Roleplay Maze
    Difficulty: Extreme
    Notes:This public enabled private world is fully converted to support the game.
    Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 2.42.10 pm.png
    800 x 439 - 665K
  • DaltsDalts Loading...Posts: 564Member
    Dale said:

You traded your last piece of Onyx for a few moody pages of a handwritten journal. But you know have the clues you need to to discover have the ruins of the city of the ancient people of Anesha. The world is known to you as Dover. The journal entries are incomplete and so you keep hope that Indiana never claimed the treasures that await inside the giant pyramid.

Can you find the legendary pyramid of Doom? Navigate its horrors and claim the treasure for yourself? Or will the Sleeping giants that guard the lost city awaken and release their horde of minions to destroy you?

World: Dover
    Type: Roleplay Maze
    Difficulty: Extreme
    Notes:This public enabled private world is fully converted to support the game.

You're back!
  • OxidisOxidis Posts: 794Member, Arbiter
    edited January 2015

Dr. Theopolis' Evil Laboratory

You attempt to infiltrate the evil lab and put an end to Dr. Theopolis' dastardly schemes. There might also be some sweet loot to grab while doing so. It will be very challenging.

World: Battleon
    (http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/19846/battleon-pvp-and-build-world)
    Difficulty: More difficult than the challenge above

Steampacks are disabled and the lab is less linear compared to the average dungeon or gauntlet.
    The entrance to the lab also switches location periodically.

While a person with good knowledge of the lab can complete the challenge relatively quickly, a player on their first visit might have to spend a significant amount of time familiarising themselves with the open layout.

Possible loot: Diamond weapon upgrade kit

Edit:
    Apparently, the challenge is harder than I originally thought. Most players get confused at the first part, which is getting into the lab. I added a note at the start advising people to just look around and explore first before trying to advance.
    The challenge is still fair though. There are no parts where you have to glitch through one block gaps and there isn't a huge amount of turrets and spikes. The whole challenge fits inside a mega protector so it can't be too hard to navigate.
    Post edited by Oxidis on
    EvilLabPos.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 352K
  • NoobishNoobish If you put a potato in front of the moon, the moon looks like a potato.Posts: 350Member

My second entry is a dungeon i made at St. elgin which requires mostly the skills of parkour, agility, logic, and shoveling. I've timed many of the people who try it and it takes 15-20 minutes on average. The whole dungeon is covered within the radius of a mega pro.The plaque is named recycler dungeon btw. Also might have overdone the photos a little, hehe.

image.jpg
    223 x 226 - 17K
  • NexeusNexeus Hope LegionPosts: 327Member
    Sooooo when is this thing actually ending it feels like two months .-.
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZPosts: 1,783Member, Arbiter
    T23R said:

It never ends, but the devs are really busy. They still need to check some of these.
  • NexeusNexeus Hope LegionPosts: 327Member
    Gilby said:

T23R said:

It never ends, but the devs are really busy. They still need to check some of these.
    Ok but where are some of the winners??? i would like to play some of them for the chest of plenty