Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge Submissions: Turn Your Builds into Official "Loot Destinations"

Comments

• Vinh225Vinh225 Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Europe, Earth, The UniversePosts: 265Member
    OK, my last entry!
    Name: The Treasure Maze
    World: Skilltopia
    Builders: All of Skilled (my guild)!
    Description: A bit like my other entries but a more difficult, turretastic, lavalicious one! Good luck and you'll need a butler bot, some jerkies and, if you want, a buddy! Good luck!
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 263K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 335K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 289K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 259K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 273K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 273K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 308K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 340K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 309K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 308K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 226K
  • GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZPosts: 1,783Member, Arbiter
    World: Gilbopolis (Public/Protected)
    Dungeon name: JYAAB (Just Your Average Abandoned Bunker)
    This dungeon starts with basic puzzles, dodging turrets, and a few simple timed levers. As you progress, you will encounter a bit of platforming, shovel puzzles, split paths, and even death traps or dead ends in a ditch. At a certiant splitpath, one path leads to the vault. The other leads to a great waste of time! Anyways, here's a few snapshots.

The beginning:
    The average abandoned bunker:

The infamous splitpath:
    To end it all, the vault:
    What a convenience! The collapsed stone opened the vault for you! The stone may have made certain dungeon paths blocked, but it opened the vault for you!
    Anyways, I've spent a good bit of time of this, I hope you guys take a look at it!
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 300K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 378K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 369K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 324K
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 309K
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortPosts: 3,290Member
    World:Camelot
    Diffuculty: average
    current dungeon
    Loot is in trparget tele
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 235K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 261K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 281K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 243K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,021Member
    edited February 2015
    I made mine into a video, enjoy!
    World Steampunk Castle
    A story of a person who left there family during the apocalypse to seek protection in the bottom of the castle, only to come out years later to find something he wished he didn't! You get a great story and some loot go check out my submission!

• Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    My last entry is located in the world of Springfield. It's basically a giant castle and the concept is to reach the core and stop the castle from exploding. The whole challenge is covered within the radius of a mega protector and takes about 5-15 minutes (depending on skill) to complete.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 333K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 386K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 370K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 340K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 275K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 367K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 345K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 275K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 291K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 311K
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Posts: 6,431Member, Arbiter
    Again, not trying to sound impatient, but apparently it was very close to having the first round of these ready to be made into loot destinations. Will the ones that have a functional resetting mechanism of some form (be it with or without a reset switch) be made into loot destinations any time in the near future?
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,366Member, Administrator
    toadlover said:

Again, not trying to sound impatient, but apparently it was very close to having the first round of these ready to be made into loot destinations. Will the ones that have a functional resetting mechanism of some form (be it with or without a reset switch) be made into loot destinations any time in the near future?

I hear ya. I'm really swamped finishing Windows v3.1.0. Once that's out (very soon), I will make getting the first challenges out a priority again.
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Posts: 451Member

toadlover said:

I hear ya. I'm really swamped finishing Windows v3.1.0. Once that's out (very soon), I will make getting the first challenges out a priority again.
    "soon"

• Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 706Member
    edited February 2015
    Am I still allowed to create a dungeon thingy?
    I made a schematic and lunch, but I couldn't build it (Could'nt build it until I get home) since this game is blocked at out school (Not just this game).
    @mikelaurence If I run out of protectors could I use micros as place holders?

If so here is a screenshot of it, it includes the coordinates, but if need be, the entrance is 545 east, 309 down. It's just a simple dungeon. The pros and micros (6 total, the 2nd and 4th counting from the top could be removed if need be) should be replaced with normal pros.

I almost forgot, the world is Bungay Place

Sorry, it's a little compact because I think open space is a little too... Open?
    Post edited by Cpt_FluffyBottom on
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,279Member, Arbiter
    edited March 2015
    Over the past two months, Dr_JMonster and I (IGN Firelore) have created a large challenge that we hope to finish with a chest of plenty. The challenge spans 10 worlds and varies from castles to dungeons, from Pirate ships to Pyramids, from new worlds to famous locations (thanks Sirentist). Each challenge is more complex than the previous and all need to be solved to find the final destination.

We have a few minor details to sort out before officialy unveiling the challenge. In the meantime, players are welcome to have a go at another challenge: The Gauntlet. This is a 5 minute challenge of its own that will give you a taster of what is to come. To enter, travel to 'Fire and Ice' and take the tele above the spawn. it's labelled 'Gauntlet'.
  • Aragorn18Aragorn18 SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEPosts: 40Member

fixed version
    World: Design HQ
    Now added all turret to be flame and fire
    make the Teleport thing (forget name) to be light
    make satan eye bowl

Looks really great! You'll want to change the pipe shapes in the first screenshot, though - they look too similar to swastikas.
    o-o
    true
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationPosts: 1,279Member, Arbiter
    edited March 2015
    The Ten Worlds Challenge is now open! Head to FIRE AND ICE and take the third tele (up) to start this world spanning challenge. Work alone or with a friend to solve ten fiendish dungeons that will test your mettle in many ways.
    *Are you fast enough?
    *Are you agile enough?
    *Are you smart enough?
    *Are you patient enough?
    *Are you observant enough?

*Disclaimer: some challenges may not be as fiendishly difficult as advertised due to the lack of a reset button. Once the challenge is approved by @mikelaurence , we will petition to get reset switches added to all challenges.
    Post edited by AMWhy on
    A few screenshots of the Ten Worlds
    image.jpg
    567 x 241 - 71K
    image.jpg
    339 x 293 - 39K
    image.jpg
    314 x 315 - 40K
    image.jpg
    563 x 240 - 47K
    Was working on this a while ago and rediscovered it and continued. The hardest part was finding a way to close in the actual dungeon due to it being exposed and not technically being one building. You can find this one in my world Battlefield and look for "Sky Dungeon" on the map.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 280K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 269K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 279K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 338K
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,381Member, Arbiter
    @AMWhy, when you go to the teleporter it says "This area is protected" We can't play!
    Now that's not good! I'll take a look and fix that...
  • Jmonster1Jmonster1 Building. Building what? Building a building house. Whats in the building house? BuildingsPosts: 563Member
    William2 said:

@AMWhy, when you go to the teleporter it says "This area is protected" We can't play!

Must be cause you don't have acces to the world. We will have to either make it target tele with a beacon or blue tele. :((

FYI: I'm going to be going through these for realsies soon. Now that Steam is stable-ish, it's time to get some questin' in! :)

I broke a lot of mine, better go fix them fast! haha
  • White_CrowWhite_Crow In a holePosts: 118Member
    @mikelaurence is this still running. Like can I make one still. Also is there any specific due date I want to make one but I want to plan it all out and make sure it's very good. Is there any specific day it needs to be done by
    This is an ongoing project, meaning there will be no final date. If your submission is good enough, Mike will eventually add it!
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Posts: 2,948Member
    Well, i came my world Mechanisms to find out that the scaffoldings used to keep the wire of my code door up broke, and thus, the wire fell down. This caused the code to randomize and the wire is no longer visible ;(. But i decided to add a loot destination to it.
    Screen;

image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 239K
    edited May 2015
    Evaluated some really great builds tonight! Getting the challenges integrated with a quest system is now high priority as we attempt to convince Steam players to stick around longer :p

If you're looking for some inspiration, look no further than the first entry in this thread by @Creamtnt . Go to "NewFunLand" and visit the teleporter in the middle marked "What is that". Cream built a straightforward and not too difficult maze/puzzle that's fun to navigate - and is readily completable by new players.

Evaluated some really great builds tonight! Getting the challenges integrated with a quest system is now high priority as we attempt to convince Steam players to stick around longer :p

If you're looking for some inspiration, look no further than the first entry in this thread by @Creamtnt . Go to "NewFunLand" and visit the teleporter in the middle marked "What is that". Cream built a straightforward and not too difficult maze/puzzle that's fun to navigate - and is readily completable by new players.

Alright! Very eager to test this out

This one looked great. Very easy to complete. Gonna go scroll through some of the
    se entries and check em out myself
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter

This one looked great. Very easy to complete. Gonna go scroll through some of the
    se entries and check em out myself
    Fantastic, and a great intro to how switches and what not work :)

@mikeIaurence so what should we shoot for when making challenges? Access to all players? Looks? Do we want easy challenges or hard challenges?

@mikeIaurence so what should we shoot for when making challenges? Access to all players? Looks? Do we want easy challenges or hard challenges?

More easy & straightforward challenges would be ideal, since the initial focus on questing will be for beginning players. You don't have to worry too much about adding a lot of danger, as a simple maze (like in NewFunLand) will naturally get a little extra challenge once I add some maws. A few automata are already pretty dangerous for most low-level players!
    edited May 2015
    Guess I might as well show my current project here! I recently started building in one of my protected Ice biomes called Deepworld Challenges, I have a few cool challenges, some are insanely difficult(even for pros) and some are better for the nooby people, it would be awesome to see some of the challenges there get loot chests!

ETA: the world still needs a bunch of work so I am going to go buy a bunch of supplies later and finish it up(hopefully)
    (will add screenshots later)
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Posts: 1,235Member
    I started off with an adventure kind of thing, but destroyed it at half since mike didn't evaluate. I even ripped off certain parts. NOW is the time to bring it back into action along with some buddies. But it isn't too easy .. Kind of tough. Anyways, will post pics soon.
    edited May 2015

More easy & straightforward challenges would be ideal, since the initial focus on questing will be for beginning players. You don't have to worry too much about adding a lot of danger, as a simple maze (like in NewFunLand) will naturally get a little extra challenge once I add some maws. A few automata are already pretty dangerous for most low-level players!
    Would it still be acceptable for harder challenges to be chosen? Some of the ones I've created require some use of jerky and other consumables as well as some agility. On another note, will harder challenges have better loot than the easier ones? Or perhaps you can distribute the quests to a certain level of players due to the difficulty of the loot destination? @mikelaurence