Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Challenge Submissions: Turn Your Builds into Official "Loot Destinations"

12345679»

Comments

• mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,367Member, Administrator

Would it still be acceptable for harder challenges to be chosen? Some of the ones I've created require some use of jerky and other consumables as well as some agility. On another note, will harder challenges have better loot than the easier ones? Or perhaps you can distribute the quests to a certain level of players due to the difficulty of the loot destination? @mikelaurence

Absolutely, all difficulties are okay, I just mentioned the need for easier ones since that is our initial quest focus.
  • Onyx_FutureOnyx_Future New forums account @JusticeGamingPosts: 69Member
    Alright so I have made a few challenges, mixed and match to being almost impossible to lose, to drounding in a pool to a impossible challenge that is possible! I hope you check out the world!
    World name is Deepworld Challenges
    I have worked hard on this world and have added many things, im most proud of the une pipe challenge, you go through 9-10 levels and at the end come to a loot room, I hope the loot there can be a une pipe but @mikeIaurence please check out the place!
    Heres a few screenshots!

Building the pool!

Une pipe challenge level progressor thingy

An example of just one of the few levels to the une pipe challenge

There is a lot more like a section of challenges just for newer people but theres a wide variaty, hope you all check it out and hope to see some sparkly chests soon!
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 200K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 288K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 208K
  • Jmonster1Jmonster1 Building. Building what? Building a building house. Whats in the building house? BuildingsPosts: 563Member
    @mikelaurence , is it fine where our challange ( @AMWhy and I) spans multiple worlds. Or is it limited to one world?
    Jmonster1 said:

@mikelaurence , is it fine where our challange ( @AMWhy and I) spans multiple worlds. Or is it limited to one world?

Sure, as long as there's a reason for it to span multiple worlds.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesPosts: 3,650Member
    Since I plan having some dialogue in my quests, can I just explain here what the android would say and just build the locations were the quests would take place? The main objective of my quest would be kill the leader of another unauthorized brain distribution plant, and I'm just planning on rigging a switch to some explorers. Is there a way to make it so you compete the quest when you flip the lever?
    @mikelaurence
    PIPTR0 said:

Since I plan having some dialogue in my quests, can I just explain here what the android would say and just build the locations were the quests would take place? The main objective of my quest would be kill the leader of another unauthorized brain distribution plant, and I'm just planning on rigging a switch to some explorers. Is there a way to make it so you compete the quest when you flip the lever?
    @mikelaurence

Dialogue: Sure, you can include dialogue via notes in-game or just in your submission post in the forums. It might not end up exactly the same once I've finalized the quest, but I'll try to maintain the spirit.

Lever: Sure!
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkPosts: 5,951Member
    Noticed that worlds were eligible for quests. Are quests where all you have to do "find the lever and the door" eligible for basic quests that provide a minimal amount of XP? @mikelaurence

Noticed that worlds were eligible for quests. Are quests where all you have to do "find the lever and the door" eligible for basic quests that provide a minimal amount of XP? @mikelaurence

Yep! See @Creamtnt's Food Bunker in West Oberlin. Those kinds of quests are perfect for new players.
  • William2William2 Posts: 3,382Member, Arbiter
    Oh, Mike, I was wondering, do you think you could devise a special timed switch for me, that could play a tune and when the tuns ends, it closes the door?
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Posts: 2,911Member, Arbiter
  • MidoriMidori Posts: 350Member
    edited May 2015
    world:Hell Gardens
    Challenge:Control-unit prison [supermax security prison]

1:many turrets [some say too many]
    2:no steam pack or bombs allowed [learn to jump]
    3:timed switches,switches,bomb traps and many more reasons to not like this place :)
    4:Doctor Terrapus will heal your wounds[No He will not]
    5:Huge maze
    6:Gym to gain some more muscle mass

Many spots prepared for android quest npc and at end of the maze teleport to reward room

• iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark cavePosts: 513Member

What's the date limit we have to submit until the "Submissions" Are done?

This will be ongoing forever :D
    Thx cause I just started building mine
  • MidoriMidori Posts: 350Member
    Pictures got deleted for some reason
    and could not attach files to edit

Midori said:

world:Hell Gardens
    Challenge:Control-unit prison [supermax security prison]

1:many turrets [some say too many]
    2:no steam pack or bombs allowed [learn to jump]
    3:timed switches,switches,bomb traps and many more reasons to not like this place :)
    4:Doctor Terrapus will heal your wounds[No He will not]
    5:Huge maze
    6:Gym to gain some more muscle mass

Many spots prepared for android quest npc and at end of the maze teleport to reward room

123.jpg
    1606 x 900 - 634K
    1234.jpg
    1606 x 900 - 646K
    12345.jpg
    1606 x 900 - 475K
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming Doing cool programming thingsPosts: 1,022Member
    I have 3 worlds of challenges now haha
    heres a list for anyone who might wanna check them out
    Deepworld Challenges
    Fawnham City
    Steampunk Castle

I spent a lot of time making these worlds so please go check them out!
  • Paulc1232Paulc1232 Posts: 125Member
    Mike I have made a world it's called welcome world plz check it out
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedPosts: 706Member
    Are entries still being accepted for later quests? If so could I use a building that was built prior to this, If so again, I would enter the stone castle.

World: Bungay Place
    Description: Purely decoration

The photos are a quick show but there is a lot more rooms to be seen.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 331K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 408K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 270K
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Posts: 676Member
    Just because there isn't a deadline, I decided to make another challenge in my world, Hyperborea. I haven't thought of a name for the challenge yet, but it can be found in the far right area of the map. There isn't much of a theme to the dungeon as most of it is designed to be abstract. Since the world it's located in is an arctic, I placed braziers around the challenge to make it easier for those with a low survival level.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 215K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 285K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 283K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 298K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 287K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 299K
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 282K
  • _DarkPrince__DarkPrince_ (┛°□°) ┛︵ ┻━┻ Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉPosts: 125Member
    Not to hard,Not too easy.
    Reward:Maybe like 10 crowns sinces it's a bank
    image.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 1002K
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitPosts: 1,161Member
    Is this thing ongoing? Is it still open for entries for now? If so, Im working on an upgraded version of the Challenge in Chippingminster Village! Also, is deepworld in need of harder challenges, or easier challenges?
  • HexterXDHexterXD Inside A Studio Making A T.V ShowPosts: 281Member
    I plan on making one of these myself, il add it here soon
  • DebatorDebator dabbing on the hatersPosts: 651Member
    HexterXD said:

this thing is 6 months old. pretty sure its over, correct me if I'm wrong
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainPosts: 1,294Member
    Debator said:

HexterXD said:

this thing is 6 months old. pretty sure its over, correct me if I'm wrong
    It doesn't end