Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

My thoughts for a /wban command.

GilbyGilby Join the BK Discord: https://discord.gg/8H5zYUZMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,782
Now, I really hate having to continually kick someone from my locked world. I know that a permanant ban wouldn't exactly be allowed in a public unprotected world, but what about locked worlds?
I always do arenas in my private world, and I have to ban a few people every day (trolls), but having to repedetly type /wremove (very long player name) gets very annoying, so here are my thoughts.
There should be a /wban for public protected worlds, I don't see what would be wrong with it. Trolls often keep on re-entering my world after I kick them, just for the sake of annoying me! A /wban would work perfectly for this situation.

If no, how about a cooldown after you are kicked from a world. Lets say you can't enter that world again for like 10 minutes?

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    But what if they are a member who built something? Perhaps not being able to ban someone who has a protector in your world and/or has membership? (For people who might abuse the command to hold other's items hostage.)
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,795
    I posted a related thread a long time ago and you can see the discussion here:

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/10278/rights-of-pvp-world-owners
  • mchellemchelle Member Posts: 141
    @multipackwolf has a handy shortcut solution if you're on an iOS device...
  • SollisionSollision Member Posts: 604

But what if they are a member who built something? Perhaps not being able to ban someone who has a protector in your world and/or has membership? (For people who might abuse the command to hold other's items hostage.)

The flaw: People could just place a protector to not get banned.

I think the world options need improvement. Like /wprotectors (on,off) would allow protectors to be placed or not. People could build if the world was unprotected but could not place protectors if previously said option was toggled off.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,107
    mchelle said:

Indeed, but it only works AFTER you have worked out they are sufficiently annoying enough to warrant closing the app, and setting up the shortcut.

For the most part, I have /wremove set to the letters "rm" and then a player name with an individual shortcut after that.

I only have the whole command for the 3 most annoying trolls I have encounterd so far.
    iOS shortcuts are also handy for saying hi to other players. Because it's better to greet a friend with their whole name, and not just the first 4 letters of their name. Eg, "USAF" converts to "USAFpilottanner"
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453

mchelle said:

Indeed, but it only works AFTER you have worked out they are sufficiently annoying enough to warrant closing the app, and setting up the shortcut.

For the most part, I have /wremove set to the letters "rm" and then a player name with an individual shortcut after that.

I only have the whole command for the 3 most annoying trolls I have encounterd so far.
    iOS shortcuts are also handy for saying hi to other players. Because it's better to greet a friend with their whole name, and not just the first 4 letters of their name. Eg, "USAF" converts to "USAFpilottanner"
    Think about it this way, if you were being a troll and annoying or causing trouble, you had to have known that your items were on the line. If they get banned and lose their stuff, thats their fault because they were annoying the world owner who owns the world and can do whatever they technically want with it.
  • MultarixMultarix Over a rainbow with kittens and ponies dancing around a fire built upon the corpses of their enemiesMember Posts: 3,107
    I would be happy if there was an option to stop them coming back into your world for a period of time. Sometimes half an hour is all that is needed.
  • William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    Yeah. Like Multi, I hate those people who come into your public world, and just start trolling and cussing and stuff, then you ban them, but they just come back. 30 mins to a hr is really all I need because I normally dont stay in one place for long.
  • ThejellosquidThejellosquid The Real SquidMember Posts: 396
    That would be great I had this guy (insert jerks name here) terrorizing my sister who was just building and stuff calling her b**** and stuff. Anyway it would be helpful
    /wremove zach444444444400000