Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Chrome OS

I have a Chromebook, and it's pretty slick!

I am hoping that Windows/Android development will include the Chrome OS, though it's not Android.

Comments

• AliasAlias Member Posts: 1,842
    Same here, I would love to see Chromebook support in the future.
  • SirSlothSirSloth AmericuhMember Posts: 1,399
    Did you get it for your b-day?! That's awesome! :D
    I would still prefer my MacBook, although a Chromebook seems more portable.
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    edited March 2013
    If the developers really want to port a multiplayer game like Deepworld to the Chrome OS, while retaining cross platform support (Mac, Windows and Linux included), Native Client has that potential, but not yet realized.

The biggest obstacle from using Native Client is that multiplayer/networking support may be limited from reading Google Developer FAQs.

This Unity3D article is very old (2011), however this is related to Native Client development: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/47907/chrome-os-notebook.html

Official Unity3D's Getting Started on NaCl (same thing as Native Client): http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/nacl-gettingstarted.html
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    I keep hearing about the Windows development of Deepworld through Unity3D, so is it safe to assume Deepworld will roll out to all OSes under one build (iOS, Android to Mac, ChromeOS, Windows)? I wonder.
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandMember Posts: 2,623
    I doubt it. Macs and Windows usually run very different versions of the same program as macs can't run exe's etc etc
  • DuckysOnQuackDuckysOnQuack Member Posts: 13
    this would be awesome lmao

~Duckys
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 849
    edited January 1

this would be awesome lmao

~Duckys

Try not to gravedig almost 5 year old posts. :)