Arbiter Applications

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
edited December 2015 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Note: This post will be stickied permanently in the "Forum Development" category. Also, please use this category for all forum-specific feedback like moderator-type requests, badges, leaderboards, etc.

Arbiter is a new role we are introducing that will help add some player-directed guidance to the forums. We're taking baby steps here, so no full-on moderation quite yet. However, arbiters will have sole power to denote off-topics, flag posts, and that sort of thing.

Post here if you fufill the requirements below and would like to be considered. We will add Arbiters on a rolling basis, so please do not ask again and again if you can be added. It may happen soon or later or never.

Requirements:
- You must have at least 2,000 forum points (amended to add at least 1K forum points with no (ZERO) negative points)
- You must have been a member for at least six months
- You must have voted on at least 200 reports and have a report voting score of at least 100 (Note this rule goes into effect in May for new arbiters and June for existing ones).

*The requirements may change at a later date depending on how things go.
Post edited by lisa on

Comments

• PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,551
    Let's see...
    -No
    -Yes
    -No
    Awww Phooey
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    Time to go to the reporting page and vote everyday.. Lol.

• KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    Wait.. Voting score or reporting rating?
  • Jonah.Jonah. Michigan, U.S.A.Member Posts: 1,001
    edited April 2015
    I should have it all done by June...

This would be a really, really cool thing to acquire! :)

ETA:

Whoops. Should never have posted here. Sorry.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,145
    I would like to be one when ai get my report rating up. :) I simply don't check the codex much
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302
    I'm asking myself how to get forum points...I have 981 i think.I am 1/3rd away from getting the 1st task done.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,424
    I do happen to fit all of the requirements, and I would like to put my name up there for becoming an Arbiter. I'd be honored to have the position.
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,376
    I'd definately need some more points, that for sure. More report votes, too. Better get crackin!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 4,956
    Note: We're not adding anyone until next week. This is a just a preview of things to come.
    I've just recently voted on over 10 reports and my rating has not went up.
    Kliuqard said:

The ratings don't go up until judgements are issued. I've just added a feature that will auto-judge reports if enough people vote it inoffensive, so that would be the only time you'd ever see your rating increase immediately (unless a mod was literally judging at that same moment).
    edited April 2015

Kliuqard said:

The ratings don't go up until judgements are issued. I've just added a feature that will auto-judge reports if enough people vote it inoffensive, so that would be the only time you'd ever see your rating increase immediately (unless a mod was literally judging at that same moment).
    Ah, thanks.

Edit: it just went up by two!

• OxidisOxidis http://codepen.io/ZufengW/full/mVBjXPMember, Arbiter Posts: 792
    I seem to fit the requirements so I'd like to apply as well.
    If enough people apply, it would be like the forum equivalent of being able to report ingame if you have a crow. Except these requirements are better for choosing trustworthy people.
    Oxidis said:

If enough people apply, it would be like the forum equivalent of being able to report ingame if you have a crow. Except these requirements are better for choosing trustworthy people.

Don't you need 2,000 comments @Oxidis?
    Jonah. said:

Oxidis said:

2,000 points.
  • Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Member Posts: 1,233
    Well... It doesn't really help that I've been offline for 1 or 2 months for points and such... Or really the fact that I can't vote on reports... Does it?
  • GraysonGrayson Sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket.Member Posts: 449
    How do we get forums points?
    Badges, likes, agrees, and I think promotes.
    Kliuqard said:

Jonah. said:

Oxidis said:

2,000 points.
    Oh, I read it wrong. Sorry!
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690
    Oh wait. All the reports reset from the trials? (Goes onto reporting)
    Looks at one report.
    "no more reports"

Oh.

But I fulfil the other two categories so I shall keep an eye on the reporting page
    Everywhen said:

Oh wait. All the reports reset from the trials? (Goes onto reporting)
    Looks at one report.
    "no more reports"

Oh.

But I fulfil the other two categories so I shall keep an eye on the reporting page

I think everyone are just taking them the minute it comes now..
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    Oh dear I have lots of points to go...
    I personally believe it is time to open reporting to players with 10 skill level now. Due to everyone grinding through these reports, I believe it is resonable.
    I don't want everyone to worry about refreshing reports every second. Let's just skip the reporting requirement for now, but we will resume it in May and any arbiters will have until June to get their reporting stats in line.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690

I don't want everyone to worry about refreshing reports every second. Let's just skip the reporting requirement for now, but we will resume it in May and any arbiters will have until June to get their reporting stats in line.

Sweet. In that case, i'd like to apply
    edited April 2015
    I would like to apply for the arbiter role.

Post edited by Kliuqard on
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
    I'd love to apply and help keep the forums a little nicer.