Switches (Micro Idea)

FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,110
edited May 2015 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Switches or Levers have only one default direction to be placed. And this creates a serious un-uniformity in decorative building as it has to be placed in upward direction EVEN IF it's location is below a trapdoor or maybe in front of a mech door. If it was configured to be like the spikes whose directions can be changed by the tilt of the joystick in the desired direction. This could help avoid weird structures and stuff due to these switches. I'm typing this in a hurry, so I hope you guys understand. This idea needs to be implemented soon.
@mikelaurence , Please do add this in the future updates ..
Post edited by FlynnXD on

Comments

• Stormcloud1313Stormcloud1313 Member Posts: 1,011
    FlynnXD said:

Switches or Levers have only one default direction to be placed. And this creates a serious un-uniformity in decorative building as it has to be placed in upward direction EVEN IF it's location is below a trapdoor or maybe in front of a mech door. If it was configured to be like the spikes which can be changed directions by the tilt of the joystick in the direction we want. This could help avoid weird structures and stuff due to these switches. I'm typing this in a hurry, so I hope you guys understand. This idea needs to be implemented >.<.</p>

Wait, you tilt the joystick to change the direction of spikes? Why has no one told me this????
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    Also a good idea is wall levers, that act like normal levers but looks like "sticking" to the wall
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,690
    edited May 2015
    FlynnXD said:

Switches or Levers have only one default direction to be placed. And this creates a serious un-uniformity in decorative building as it has to be placed in upward direction EVEN IF it's location is below a trapdoor or maybe in front of a mech door. If it was configured to be like the spikes which can be changed directions by the tilt of the joystick in the direction we want. This could help avoid weird structures and stuff due to these switches. I'm typing this in a hurry, so I hope you guys understand. This idea needs to be implemented >.<.</p>

Not a complete fix, but you know you can reverse the input right (I'm fairly sure)

Place the switch (don't choose a colour - This means it won't light up depending on direction.),
    Link a door
    Place a touchplate,
    mine the door,
    place the door in the same place to give it multiinput control,
    trigger touchplate to invert door
    Mine touchplate,
    Trigger switch to make it face the opposite way and have the door closed.

Edit method to produce desired effect.

Eh, does that make sense?

Kinda like this but with switches rather than doors:
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,110
    Everywhen said:

FlynnXD said:

Not a complete fix, but you know you can reverse the input right (I'm fairly sure)

Place the switch (don't choose a colour - This means it won't light up depending on direction.),
    Link a door
    Place a touchplate,
    mine the door,
    Mine touchplate,

No no.. That's not what I meant. What I meant is like what lyven said. Wall-sticking or ceiling-sticking instead of only ground sticking. That would be very helpful.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,480
    I love this idea. I wish I could like it 57 times instead of just once.
    For those not understanding the situation, here's a picture.
    In picture one and two , the switches connecting to the trapdoor is the subject. The one on the top is okay, looking good. But the one on the bottom is just floating unless we place a block below it which makes it look very weird. Instead if it could be oriented to be placed downwards, then we could place it on the ceiling ( inverted ) making it a ceiling switch and also better looking.
    Secondly, for the mech door, the switch looks fine, but would look better in certain circumstances if it were to be placed sideways to look 'wall-stuck' like the switches in reality.

Thus, being a small feature to add it could change quite a bit in mechanical decorative building.
    imageimage
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 478K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 481K
    -bump-
  • JusticeGamingJusticeGaming I don't know but please helpMember Posts: 801
    So theirs a easy fix to this stuff, its already implemented but harder, place your switch, pull it then place the door/trapdoor/etc it works :P
    -bump- Seriously guys.. We need this ;-;
  • DaMorlockDaMorlock Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,639

So theirs a easy fix to this stuff, its already implemented but harder, place your switch, pull it then place the door/trapdoor/etc it works :P

That's not the problem here, as explained above.
    -bump-
  • LASERBEAK12LASERBEAK12 Member Posts: 431
    -bump-
    We still need this.
    It's annoying that i have to think of a way to place the other switch in a non weird but still obvious way.
  • HazmanaHazmana At The Krusty KrabMember Posts: 548
    Everywhen said:

FlynnXD said:

Link a door
    Place a touchplate,
    mine the door,
    Mine touchplate,

Omg. I miss the old mech sign look.. Damn.. They did to much on the new mech sign.
    Hazmana said:

Everywhen said:

FlynnXD said:

Link a door
    Place a touchplate,
    mine the door,
    Mine touchplate,

Omg. I miss the old mech sign look.. Damn.. They did to much on the new mech sign.
    I miss every item in their old graphics

Switches should probably "readjust", much like how pipes do, when they are connected to each other.
    Though making it a new item, while a bit messy, is still effectve. Its basically just drawing up the switches features in left, right, or upside down looks, then code them in with the same programming as normal switches do.
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Lyven said:

Hazmana said:

Everywhen said:

FlynnXD said:

Link a door
    Place a touchplate,
    mine the door,
    Mine touchplate,

I miss every item in their old graphics

Switches should probably "readjust", much like how pipes do, when they are connected to each other.
    Though making it a new item, while a bit messy, is still effectve. Its basically just drawing up the switches features in left, right, or upside down looks, then code them in with the same programming as normal switches do.
    All you need to do is go into Photoshop and rotate the images 90°. Pretty simple, really. The coding part is what would take the longest.
    Here you go. xD
    Switches.png
    2048 x 1536 - 999K
  • Lord_KyuubiLord_Kyuubi on the internet, boosting my self esteem with inspect element...Member Posts: 729

Here you go. xD

Gravedig..?
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,221
    Even though this is a gravedig, we still need this

Here you go. xD

Gravedig..?
    Sorry, I haven't been on the forums since early 2015... HEhehe.
    -bump- @mikelaurence, could we pleeaaaasee, get this..
    -bump- Always hoping..
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,551
    I want this, a 2 block wide sign, and better orders (Lel I spent so much time on that thread)