Mech Revolution

FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,093
edited June 2015 in Feedback and Game Ideas
Mech Revolution - Changes/Addition to Mechanics.
I'll be frank with this idea, here's what I think should be added :

1) Collectors, engines, tesla coils, turrets, industrial lights,etc should behave like exploders, reacting ( turning on/off ) due to levers or touchplates. ( in case of collector, turns on/off steam distribution) If no stimulus is attached, then the default mode for these items would be on mode, or how it is as of now.

2) Joystick/Arrow key oriented switch placing.

3) Grief Indicator / CCTV Board :
Rare stuff get griefed due to people stealing them. People have no proof of who stole it. My friend came up with the idea of a CCTV mechanism. He places a switch next to his rare and connects it to a mech board ( *player* ). There's a small chance for the griefer to BREAK the lever while stealing, so his name is fixed on the board and he is busted.
However, it isn't completely reliable. So, here's my idea :

Let there be an item called the Grief Indicator or CCTV board available for 10-30 crowns. It looks exactly like a mech sign, but with *player* already configured in it, so no one can edit it ( for false accusations ). So, this item has the ability to make an object act as a switch, I.e., if I place a rare, then place this board on top of it ( or anywhere else ), when a person mines the rare, his name is permanently fixed on the board which is self protected. Do give feedbacks about this.

4) Switches change direction of conveyor belts.

That's all I've got as of now, I'll edit when I get more ideas.

Post edited by FlynnXD on

Comments

• stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
    I came here hoping for a revolution by the mech against the bourgeoisie human oppressors but I still wasn't dissapointed.
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    It begins...
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,093

I came here hoping for a revolution by the mech against the bourgeoisie human oppressors but I still wasn't dissapointed.

xD Maybe another time :P
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterMember Posts: 2,333
    Cough giveusdrones cough
    Added new idea to main post.
    -bump-
  • EverywhenEverywhen pressing the comment button makes all comments on activity disappear - debator 2k17Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,677
    Kukky2 said:

Cough giveusdrones cough

Buddy bots?
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,376
    Oh, that last idea is the crown jewel!
  • Kukky2Kukky2 WinterMember Posts: 2,333
    Everywhen said:

Kukky2 said:

Cough giveusdrones cough

Buddy bots?
    Drones are programmable never-despawn mobs that basically are what I needed in life. Buddy Bots are different. :)
    -bump-
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    A good greif system in my opinion is a "Log Book" of sorts in deepworld. May be bought in the crown shop for reasonable prices.
    This is how it works.
    1st of all, this machine is connected to the player, much like premium (or can be simply added with premium to encourage people to buy premium). Once you bought this log book, a new button in your player interface ingame will show up. Like the pm message system that is currently in deepworld, itll notify you much like the pm messaging when you log in, but with a different colour to prevent confusion.

What this log book would do is to record all players who came in and out of your own worlds, as well as players who placed and /or removed items in your world or protectors.
    I would give an example of how might this look in my point of view.
    Latest
    XxPrettyPotatoxX removed items in your protrctor in world Larkhall at 18:38
    PukeRainbows placed items in your protector in world Eye Glade at 14:28
    Lyven left Battle Zoneat 10:11
    Lyven removed items in Battle Zone at 9:42
    Lyven entered in Battle Zone at 9:31
    Oldest
    -bump-
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Why wouldent the greifers just destroy the sign when stealing the items it seems kinda stupid to have your name lying on a mech sign and then some one could hit it accidentally after the greifer had stole just saying
    iain2318 said:

Why wouldent the greifers just destroy the sign when stealing the items it seems kinda stupid to have your name lying on a mech sign and then some one could hit it accidentally after the greifer had stole just saying

I said the mech sign is protected by a micro or self protected.
    If @mikelaurence released an update with all this ( or something more complicated than the current mechanics ), a true mech revolution would take place. The best update for engineers of deepworld.
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 588K
    -bump-
  • Mr_FunderfulMr_Funderful The most funderful place on EarthMember Posts: 22
    I think it would be easier if the grief indicator was a background block. It would tell the player everything that happened within a certain radius (when clicked). They are only breakable by the player who placed it and are worth 15-25 crowns.
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Turrets that can be truned on and off can be useful!
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493

Turrets that can be truned on and off can be useful!

Turrets with no friendly fire would be good too!