State of Deepworld: Summer 2015

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,010
Hey folks! A couple random announcements for you all as we head into the heat of summer:

Game Updates

Deepworld is kinda weird in that it's a thriving MMO run by only a few people. I haven't really taken a break from it since 2012, so last month I decided I needed a little mental time off. It was nice to unplug for a bit, even though it meant we didn't make progress on our long todo list. But don't fret, I'm back in business now! I'll be working on new items (more world machines soon!) and Steam, Android, and iOS updates as usual this summer.

Forum Organization

@lisa realized our forum categories were a little out of control, so we've merged a few categories together to make a cleaner experience. The changes:

- Merged Bugs, Windows Bugs, Beta Discussion into "Bugs"
- Merged Press, Blog into "Official Announcements"
- Merged Forum Development into "Feedback and Game Ideas"
- Merged Forum Games into "Off Topic"
- Merged Goodbye Cruel World into "Gripes and Grins"
- Merged Unofficial contests into "Events"
- Renamed FAQs to "Questions"

World Resets

We've had some issues with world resets lately, but we think we've nailed down the issues. We'll keep our eyes on it, but I think we'll see a lot fewer of these going forward.

Daily Loot

I'll get the regular loot rotation back in place next week. In the mean time, a new server update rolling out will default daily loot to a random loot item if nothing specific is configured. That way we'll never miss out completely on daily loot if I forget to configure it :)

Comments

• EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    edited July 2015
    Whooo. Cant wait for 12 gunpowder = 2500xp

But the auto assignment of daily loot is a great idea.

Will past loots be redone?

Also. Good to have you back Mike.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122
    Oh so that's why the past month had no progress after the onyx mass Teleporter.. Then I shan't quit xD I'll be looking forward to the new updates ! Good luck mike and thanks for all your efforts on this game !
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomMember Posts: 1,027
    Was wondering where mike was, glad that your back!
  • GuardofthedragonGuardofthedragon Stargate CommandMember Posts: 2,623
    Keep up the awesome work Mike! It must be hard with only a few people working on it, but all of us will always be rooting for you folks!
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Welcome back
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,156
    @lisa @mikelaurence Could the new categories changes be wrote in the ToS?
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,307
    Hoooray!
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    Great to hear you took a break, that is a healthy decision.

@mikeIaurence

I would really love to see the new crow ranks rolling out.

Also im looking forward to new machines.

Welcome back in business. Have the revenues made positive progress?
    I think the idea about a "treasure chest" that can be bought in crown store, to let players make their own "chest of plenty", that they can fill up with a certain amount of items , would be a good idea to boost sales.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,731

to a random loot item if nothing specific is configured. That way we'll never miss out completely on daily loot if I forget to configure it :)

ONYX DAIULY LEWT CONFIRKMT!

• MoonsetterMoonsetter Member Posts: 373
    DoEs ThIs MeAn.. ThE mOoN oRdEr StIlL hAs HoPe???
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Noice
  • SigzhSigzh At St. Lamia, beating stuff with my 6*sMember Posts: 327
    Moon Icon?
  • Monsieur_JackMonsieur_Jack Dreams FactoryMember Posts: 207
    Nice
  • NinjaWarriorNinjaWarrior TeufortMember Posts: 3,290
    Soon one day we will have 75743 dirt for a daily loot
    Can we please get rid of the 10 jerky daily loot I mean 2000 xp to get 10 jerky you get almost 100 trying to earn 10
  • DW-LinLin328DW-LinLin328 Toasting Toasty Toast To Test The Toast Trap To Terminate The Toast Trackers Tracking Terminators !Member Posts: 64
    When the world reset is fixed will we get our items back Ive literally lost every rare I had...
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,569

Why the specific number?
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
    @mikeIaurence another world reset happened in Old Thumbsham- a competition world. I was the only one there but I did lose a bit of work and materials including a tesla coil. This is an issue only because it is a comp world and I am not sure how far back this reset went. Hopefully, no one else lost any work.
    Get some volunteers I'm sure people would want to help update games I mean it would look great on a C.V. (I dk if it's the same in Chicago)
  • dragonkiller177dragonkiller177 Member Posts: 419

Long Live Dirt :smiley:
  • SigzhSigzh At St. Lamia, beating stuff with my 6*sMember Posts: 327

Long Live Dirt :smiley:
    And next time we might get Notch for daily!

My dreams won't come tru
  • SadziesSadzies Eating laksa..so cheap ah!Member Posts: 32
    Durt durt durt durt durt durt
  • SmokeySmokey Member Posts: 1,006
    Any ETA on Android yet?
  • BUBBLES524BUBBLES524 Member Posts: 18
    I am having trouble with getting on it says networking armor occurred but I had 3 bars of wifi and I tryed everything making memory resetting it logging in and out deleting it and re-downloading it and also re-setting the network and other things none worked
    Can someone help with it?
    I think it's something wrong with the account or app
    Here it is
    image.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 234K
  • Madilyn.Madilyn. nєvєrlαndMember Posts: 312

I am having trouble with getting on it says networking armor occurred but I had 3 bars of wifi and I tryed everything making memory resetting it logging in and out deleting it and re-downloading it and also re-setting the network and other things none worked

Here it is

1. You could have just wrote it in one comment, Not 4. 2. Just wait awhile, It'll come back by itself eventually.
  • SadziesSadzies Eating laksa..so cheap ah!Member Posts: 32
    Madilyn. said:

Here it is

1. You could have just wrote it in one comment, Not 4. 2. Just wait awhile, It'll come back by itself eventually.
    I knew someone was gonna say that.