Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Clockwise Market Griefed. Perpetrator(s) makes big mistake.

AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
So I woke up this morning to see that my market world, Clockwise, has been griefed. Hundreds of hours of work and many precious items had been taken. Absolutely devastating, but not something that can't be repaired with time and patience.

I keep my friend list very short. Going on the friend list alone, there are only 3 suspects, all of whom have spent months working on the world with access to a Notch amongst other rares.

However, there are 3 suspects who were NOT on the friend list.

ONE: A player who was removed the friend list after stealing a Stunt Surfer. He denies, the evidence is only circumstantial, but he had motive, opportunity, and the least sincere character of the few suspects.

TWO: A player I called out as a dungeon thief. He wasn't happy about being called out and so a petty argument started between us. I added him as a friend once to see if he was online, but then promptly removed him afterwards.

THREE: A wildcard. A player who I added temporarily yesterday to help me build. I removed him before logging off yesterday.

Of these three, ONE is a known thief with a motive and TWO had a motive. Also, the names of ONE and TWO are plastered all over spawn in supposed 'innocence'. However, one of the thieves has made a grave mistake. They placed a sign at spawn saying 'You should never have trusted me'. I have, of course, protected this sign with a 'me only' pro and alerted @mikelaurence and @lisa. Perhaps they can tell me who placed it for concrete evidence.

I have heard before of players complaining that people not on their friend list could still mine. I am concerned that this has happened here.
If that isn't the case and it turns out that one of the three friends on my friend list did this, then I have to be humble and accept that no one can be trusted. However, if my suspicions are correct and it was done by one of the players not on my friend list, then serious questions will have to be asked over what is and isn't safe. A (very rough) estimate of 100 onyx worth of items was stolen and a lot of time wasted. Hopefully @mikelaurence can reset the world back 8 hours, although unlikely.

Comments

• AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Spawn Photo
    image.jpg
    1136 x 640 - 227K
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    Omg! That person is a huge jerk! This is why I never let other players mine in my protectors unless I know them very well, has the pandora arena been griefed as well?
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Member Posts: 676
    I used to have issues with people that I removed still being able to mine which is why after a certain period of time, I go over and remove any names I don't remember/recognize. A solution to make sure this doesn't happen is to set your pros to only you when you are not on, however I do have some occasions when they reset back to those who I follow. Best of luck in having your items returned and hopefully the thief gets what he deserves.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    Unfortunately Clockwise has some 100-200 pros within. Changing them all is not practical. We will only know if the issue is pro related once Mike or Lisa can confirm who did the griefing. However, it very much looks to be the problem...
  • vmh20vmh20 Minneapolis, MinnesotaMember Posts: 868
    Man, I really enjoyed that market, sad to see it got griefed
    We'll be back in 24 hours one way or another
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    So is it getting setback ?
    Until we hear from Mike, we are doing nothing. Once Mike can confirm who did it (and take action) then let us know what can be done to fix it, we will progress from there.

Sadly, I am very aware that if it was done by someone on my friend list then no action would be taken. It would all be on me.
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    I think it's 2 because he had a history greifing and I don't know any one who'd get that mad just for being accused a dungeon stealer if you could give more information on these players like whether there a noob or not it would realy help
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    AMWhy said:

Until we hear from Mike, we are doing nothing. Once Mike can confirm who did it (and take action) then let us know what can be done to fix it, we will progress from there.

Sadly, I am very aware that if it was done by someone on my friend list then no action would be taken. It would all be on me.

The devs/admins cant give out who griefed to the player. I asked about my world as well, they said they couldn't. I'm afraid youre outta luck :(
    edited July 2015
    TBH, if true, that is a silly rule. How would you ever be able to stop a player who continuously griefed under anonymity?

Either way, in this case, the exact name of the player is less important than whether they are on my friend lost or not. If they are on my list, then no compensation. My mistake for thinking those people are trustworthy. If they are not on my friend list then Deepworld has a deep problem.

I have other screenshots of signs left by the griefer(s), including a plaque. If @mikelaurence would like I will either pm them or email; whichever is better.
    I won't post them here due to the messages written upon them.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,255
    I really didn't do anything. We proved that later on (I was the one who helped him build the thing. AKA, Number 3)
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    I thinks it's safe to say that Clockwise will be back online in 36-72 hours. I believe if we get the info from an admin within a day, we have two probabilities :
    1) Rollback accepted : Then, no problems. It'll be back in 24-36 hours.
    2) Rollback denied : Again, if we know the info after a day, then since there isn't a rollback, then we would have to build the main central structures once more, possibly taking around 2-3 days.

Either ways, wish Clockwise to forever go in the 'right' direction..
    I have posted a screenshot of Clockwise Museum in the SSHOTD thread.
    http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/597/deepworld-screenshot-of-the-day#latest
    This is the scale of builds we have in the world, yet somehow the griefer(s) missed this one.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,794
    It sounds like you have good reason to suspect that someone who isn't on your friends list has been able to edit under protectors that you have set to allow friends to edit. I've experienced this bug personally, and I know a handful of others have experienced it as well. (In my case, the person who was able to edit had actually NEVER been on my friends list.)

I know usually Lisa and the devs don't tend to get involved in griefy conflicts, but in my opinion you have a good argument for one of them taking the time to at least check and see who placed those signs.

I'm sorry your world got griefed; Clockwise is a great world, one of the best markets out there, and I know you've put a huge amount of thought and effort into making it a cool place to trade and hang out. I hope the powers-that-be help you get it sorted soon!
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    I'm so sorry this happened! If you need any help at all getting things back together, let me know.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    Millicent said:

I'm so sorry this happened! If you need any help at all getting things back together, let me know.

We are waiting for mike's response, based on which we'll decide what to do next. However, your help will definitely be appreciated !
  • William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    edited July 2015
    That must be devastating, AMWhy! Hope you get it sorted out soon, because Clockwise was a really fantabulous place.

I could help rebuild if Mike can't do a rollback. If you don't trust me, that's fine, but I coult at least donate items/materials :)

I really hope action is taken on this, Clockwise was a truly amazing place, and had 100s of hours of hard, honest work put into it. It isn't something, that, in a way, can ever be destroyed.
  • Jmonster1Jmonster1 Building. Building what? Building a building house. Whats in the building house? BuildingsMember Posts: 563
    edited July 2015
    I am extremely disappointed by this. A good 1-5 hours has been spent working on this world almost every day, for many months. I really hope that the world can be reverted, or atleast we could discover who griefed.

However, through all this dissapointment, this has actually opened up something for me. Not once did I notice how many supporters we have had in clockwise, Thank you, deep world community!

PS. yes,the arena was flooded...
    Post edited by Jmonster1 on
    edited July 2015
    @Mikelaurence the world now needs resetting back 24 hours. Please respond in some way asap.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    AMWhy said:

TBH, if true, that is a silly rule. How would you ever be able to stop a player who continuously griefed under anonymity?

Either way, in this case, the exact name of the player is less important than whether they are on my friend lost or not. If they are on my list, then no compensation. My mistake for thinking those people are trustworthy. If they are not on my friend list then Deepworld has a deep problem.

I have other screenshots of signs left by the griefer(s), including a plaque. If @mikelaurence would like I will either pm them or email; whichever is better.
    I won't post them here due to the messages written upon them.

I do think it's silly as well, I'm really worried about adding people to my world now. But I do wish you the best of luck in repairing or getting your world rolled back.
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    I am very sorry! I know the feeling of thievery and I have been through it before. If you need any materials or anything I could possibly reimburse, don't hesitate to ask!
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Em I'm not exactly the richest person to donate but any cheap materials il give
    Right now i just need a reply. I'm guessing Mike and Lisa both had a day off on Sunday.
    I wonder if someone might notice it sooner if you retitled it as "Griefers Able to Edit under Shared Pros?" and moved it to the "Bugs" section?

Since you're fairly sure who did it, and also fairly sure they weren't on your friends list at the time, I think it makes sense to pose it as a question about a known (albeit rare) problem with shared protectors.

Just a thought!
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Siren. Lisa is looking into it now behind the scenes. Any news I can share publicly, I will post here.
    Post edited by AMWhy on
    Ah, okay! Glad to hear Lisa is on it. She's a very good detective!
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,901
    edited July 2015
    Sirentist said:

Ah, okay! Glad to hear Lisa is on it. She's a very good detective!

Not as good as Detective Kun-Kun!