Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Need Some Fitting Music to Listen While Playing?

p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
So it's the 1920s.... wait, no, it's 2015...

Anyway, I've found a strange love in a balance of opposites. A mining 2D mining game that's set in 3D space; Or a time period set in the victorian era, but uses modern influences. (steampunk) In conjunction, I've also found love in a music style combining the music of yesteryear, with the electronic beats of today. It's called "Electro-Swing." Anyway, I've been collecting a bunch of tracks on a YouTube playlist for awhile... Actually, A lot of genres... Like a few hundred songs... But they're all private.

Anywho, Here's the playlist! It features songs from the likes of Parov Stelar, Caravan Palace, and other, amazing artists!

Here are some choice cuts of my organically cultivated, locally grown, P.1.N.K. certified playlist selections.

Comments

• SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    The last one is my favorite. These are really good for building and being with friends. But does it match with mining and killing screeching brains?
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
    Smoothy. said:

The last one is my favorite. These are really good for building and being with friends. But does it match with mining and killing screeching brains?

The heavier classical pieces always go well with screaming.
    Beethoven, Liszt, etc
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited August 2015
    Smoothy. said:

Maybe not...? Personally, since this game doesn't require any 3D sound observations or voice chat, I tend to listen to music at all times. To me, I'd rather be dancing in my seat while squishing brains than being a brooding brain overlord. ;)

Edit: there are some upbeat, downbeat, happy, and sad tunes in the playlist. Mostly upbeat and happy tracks, though. (and there are definitely more like the last one)
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,038
    I like TOOL 10,000 days. Start to finish you can't go wrong.
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidMember Posts: 716
    Awesome music! I mostly listen to Captain Sparklez 'Take back the night' though when playing deepworld and fighting a brain (really fits in)
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Glad you guys like it. 53 songs at 4 minutes a pop. 3.5 hours of fun.