Weird Phenomenon

stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
edited August 2015 in Questions
So last night I was playing Deepworld when I foolishly tried to run a dungeon without any jerky.
Me being me, I died- but then, when I tried to respawn, my game kept crashing.
Since it didn't seem to want to be fixed, and it was already midnight, I quit and went to sleep.

Today, when I tried to play again, it also kept crashing.

On the sixth try, I managed to log in but found myself here:

Ok, weird, I thought, and shoveled upwards.

It looks like a weird castle or something.The signs are a bit cheesy but I'm willing to play along.
My latin's a but rusty but I can see a couple words about homes and death??? I guess it's a mausoleum?
Could someone see if they can crack it a little better than I can?

Here's a larger pic:

Thanks ahead of time!
Post edited by stingerbee5000 on
image.jpg
1637 x 1196 - 234K
image.jpg
1796 x 1023 - 371K
image.jpg
1586 x 714 - 222K
image.jpg
1796 x 1023 - 371K

Comments

• AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 991
    edited August 2015
    If I had to guess, I'd say you are in hell. A full screenshot with the world name would help!
  • stingerbee5000stingerbee5000 In a hive.Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,911
    AMWhy said:

If I had to guess, I'd say you are in hell. A full screenshot with the world name would help!

Sure, it's called ghostbrine canyon. It's the world I was in when I was playing when I died and started crashing.
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    Why is the background pitch black?
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    I smell creepypasta
    Best to email the devs about it. If you csnnot escape the world, try spamming a world teleporter (if you got one) and spam place it while trying to click it.

Why is the background pitch black?

Just how it came out lol
    Lyven said:

I smell creepypasta
    Best to email the devs about it. If you csnnot escape the world, try spamming a world teleporter (if you got one) and spam place it while trying to click it.

That worked, thanks (:
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    "This is DOMVS mortvi DOMVS mortvi are monitvs lives svas pay VOLVNT"
    -Google Translate for Latin

Domvs from google: Type of house occupied by upper classes

Mortvi non mordant (No meaning of mortvi from latin dictionary: Dead men dont bite/ Dead men tell no tales.

Monitus (No results for Monitvs, so replace v with u): advice, warned, reminded

Volvnt: "Roll"

Ughh, help me here...
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 224K
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2015
    That's legitimately frightening! You log on and appear in a castle with foreign languages screaming death? Well, there's a way to scare people on Halloween.

Also, I used a translator and it says "This is the house of the dead" and "are willing to pay saves dead." -Shudders-
    Edit: I played around with the words a little bit. I could be mislead.
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,544
    Its Diablo!
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Diablo's back in action!
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,376
    Hic est domvs mortvi translates from Latin as This is DOMVS mortvi.

Replace "DOMVS" with "Domus" and you get a fancy ancient Roman type of house, and that house you're standing in sure does look fancy.

Other than that, it's too early for me to research all this right now... Possibly later when I'm awake I will try to decipher it.

What Litty says would fit in with that very well.

At least you got out!
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2015
    I'd say it's an excellent storyline stinger :) Awesome work and it is very very seemingly real xD

ETA : Am I the only one who thinks @stingerbee5000 created the structure and signs and all to make a nice thriller ?
    Hey guys, I texted my friend this morning and had him translate
    imageimage

I think your guesses were pretty spot on.

Lol I guess someone knows I like latin and is trying to mess with me. Keep you guys posted (:
    image.jpg
    750 x 1334 - 187K
    image.jpg
    750 x 1334 - 177K
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    Sounds like someone else is using your account if you couldn't get back on. (While they were playing). Anyway this is creepy and idk Latin.
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,362
    People, embrace our lord and saviour Diablo! He returned!
    This is getting pretty weird but today I logged on I had two really weird messages.

The first one that came in looks like some sort of computer coding but I don't know what that second thing is.

It's from some guy called 'stingerbee0001' so I guess someone must've made some dopple to mess with me, ha.
    I don't ever remember following him though so @Smoothy. might be right that someone cracked my password. I'm going to change it now.

Wondering what that second message says though, willing to give a red to anyone who manages to figure it out for me.
    image.jpg
    1334 x 750 - 208K
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    Our lord Diablo has returned for good. May we all praise and honor him.

This is getting pretty weird but today I logged on I had two really weird messages.

The first one that came in looks like some sort of computer coding but I don't know what that second thing is.

It's from some guy called 'stingerbee0001' so I guess someone must've made some dopple to mess with me, ha.
    I don't ever remember following him though so @Smoothy. might be right that someone cracked my password. I'm going to change it now.

Wondering what that second message says though, willing to give a red to anyone who manages to figure it out for me.

The second message looks like it was Caesar cipher/shift.
    I tried to decode it with N 5, the result was this

Holy crap.
    Um yeah ok
    Wow. That's... Uncomfortable.
    Nice work though.

I changed my password but i guess this guy mustve gotten into my private world ahead of time because... Well.

More gibberish but I can't figure it out...
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 618K
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599

Holy crap.
    Um yeah ok
    Nice work though.

I changed my password but i guess this guy mustve gotten into my private world ahead of time because... Well.

This is getting more harder, damn. :confused:
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495

Holy crap.
    Um yeah ok
    Nice work though.

Looks like a fake stinger wants to tell u something because it says 0001 instead of 5000 :hushed:

Holy crap.
    Um yeah ok
    Nice work though.

This is getting more harder, damn. :confused:
    I tried using the Caesar shift with n=5 but it spat more gibberish.

Holy crap.
    Um yeah ok
    Nice work though.

Looks like a fake stinger wants to tell u something because it says 0001 instead of 5000 :hushed:
    But... I'm the original stinger :(
    Any more clues?
  • LordOreoLordOreo In Oreo KingdomMember Posts: 1,025
    This reminds me of Cicada 3301....this excites me and its drawing me towards deepworld again.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 991
    Last word is ??sted. From what I've got, unless the coder made an error, the first two letters have no vowel or y, which means it's not English.

Having said that, it could be a key sentence, meaning a duplicated letter.

WASTED would fit, as would BUSTED, but less likely.

For a key (if there is one) I have this:
    ?D?A?HI?B?LENOF??? (the last three ?'s might not be part of it).
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    Oh noes. I would be on a rapid password change asap! Maybe even change your name for a while?
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,323
    AMWhy said:

A simple substitution didn't work, nor did using UR/YOU ARE/ DIABLO as a key, but looking at common variance, I've got this far with it:

DIABLO
    IS
    DEAD

THIS
    IS
    TRUTH

YOU
    STOLE
    MY
    LIFE

?????
    IT.

I
    WANT
    IT
    BACK

Just that last word to break...

Applying the code you have made so far the word becomes "w?sted" or "w?stmd". Which seems to fit "wasted", the context also seems to fit this.

Personally think this is like the last diablo thing...

AMWhy said:

Last word is ??sted. From what I've got, unless the coder made an error, the first two letters have no vowel or y, which means it's not English.

Having said that, it could be a key sentence, meaning a duplicated letter.

WASTED would fit, as would BUSTED, but less likely.

For a key (if there is one) I have this:
    ?D?A?HI?B?LENOF??? (the last three ?'s might not be part of it).

I think wasted would work. I guess as creepy as this guy is he slips up sometimes haha
    Smoothy. said:

Oh noes. I would be on a rapid password change asap! Maybe even change your name for a while?

I've changed my password. I'm thinking it's just a kid trying to mess with me with some code tricks.

I'm going to PM Lisa to see if I can't do anything about it.