Some guy reported me...

FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
For cursing...should I worry?

Comments

• shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    I was there sorry but I couldn't stop laughing becuase u were like ;-; rip

But don't worry I don't think they will ban ya instantly
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    It depends on how bad it was. If you deserve punishment, you'll get it. If you don't, people will most likely vote it as 'not worthy' of punishment.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
    Some guy, just said "please don't use rude words". And then I just sprouted out a bunch of curses, because I thought it was funny...I didn't mean to use curses to offend anyone..,

The account was "Fail_ure"
    Fallers said:

Some guy, just said "please don't use rude words". And then I just sprouted out a bunch of curses, because I thought it was funny...I didn't mean to use curses to offend anyone..,

The account was "Fail_ure"

And who was the one that said don't say rude words, it was me but i will vote for not worthy
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,219
    Voting? Is there some kind of voting system for people that have been reported? o.o
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
    KittyKupo said:

Voting? Is there some kind of voting system for people that have been reported? o.o

Yep! Once you reach a crow rank, you can access the reporting page by signing into the codex using your in-game username and password. I don't remember if any crow rank will do, though, or if it has to be brass crow or something.
    edited August 2015
    That's actually pretty cool!

How do they know what the person was reported for, though? Can they see the chat log or something?
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    KittyKupo said:

How do they know what the person was reported for, though? Can they see the chat log or something?

Yup. If a person is reported, all recent chats are going to to be shown, with the reported player's chat highlighted.
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    edited August 2015
    KittyKupo said:

@KittyKupo the chat appears, but the name of the audience are randomized, so only enough research can tell who and when that was.
    edit: I meant the name of everyone, not just the audience.
    That's really cool. A good way of handling reports :)
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,377
    Yep, sorry [Fallers], repeated obsceneties in a short amount of time are pu ishable offenses and will not be tolerated.

And "Please stop using rude words" does sound like a very innocent and nice question.

• HermitessHermitess Member Posts: 592
    Sirentist said:

KittyKupo said:

Yep! Once you reach a crow rank, you can access the reporting page by signing into the codex using your in-game username and password. I don't remember if any crow rank will do, though, or if it has to be brass crow or something.
    I think I was able to vote before hitting crow at all. I am not 100% sure.

When I started playing again this summer, I did not have crow, but I saw mutterings of a voting system while catching up on the forum and looked for it. I found it and was voting off and on, but I am not sure if when I found it coincided with getting crow. It is a bit hazy. Some time could have passed between the mutterings and looking for it with much vigor. I don't think I had crow at that point. But I could be totally wrong and have gotten it right about then.

I will say for sure you only need the lowest level of crow to vote.
    I didn't mean to mean, to offend anyone! It was just a joke...
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    Fallers said:

Well, what's done is done. Just learn from it :).
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,105
    Bulk said:

Fallers said:

This. You aren't going to be banned from the game for one issue. If others vote for punishment you will be muted for a set period of time and then all will be well. I wouldn't get in the habit, though. Punishments increase.
    Fallers said:

I wasn't offended it was another guy
    Fallers said:

Just a tip:

If you drop a word or two and someone politely asks you to stop, it means they were already at least a little offended.

Dropping a bunch more words of the same caliber after isn't going to seem like a joke to them. It will make them feel mocked on top of offending them further. They will probably think you are a jerk that is trying to upset them.

Being mocked or disregarded is not a nice feeling.

While you can't control how they feel, and don't have to agree to their terms, it is, as I am sure you are finding out, best to not make things worse.
    I didn't use curses, to anyone! I just said it. I didn't target the curses on anyone! I just thought it would, be kinda funny...
    lisa said:

Bulk said:

Fallers said:

This. You aren't going to be banned from the game for one issue. If others vote for punishment you will be muted for a set period of time and then all will be well. I wouldn't get in the habit, though. Punishments increase.
    Thanks for telling me...

I was pretty dang worried
    The point remains that if someone asked you to not curse, then they were already a little offended and saying more was a sure way to keep offending them. Some people don't like them in any context, whether directed at anyone or not.

Anyhoo, that's it for me on this. I hope that you consider the situation more carefully next time.
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    Warnings in order:
    1- Warning
    2- Warning
    3- Warning + 1 day mute
    4- Final Warning + 3 day mute
    5- Ban OR Everlasting mute OR Banishment to hell
    What if some jerk crow, who stole your dungeon. Keeps reporting you?
    Fallers said:

What if some jerk crow, who stole your dungeon. Keeps reporting you?

Nothing will happen, since you actually did nothing.
  • Zante107Zante107 Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2015
    I've got reported too like how u were one year ago by dmmagic.And that warned me not to offend too much. Hopefully being reported warned u before u lose ur acc for the second time
  • SmasheroidSmasheroid Hi there! I shouldn't have any type of explosive device in my possession!Member Posts: 601
    I hate it when I'm voting I see someone get reported for saying hi.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450

I hate it when I'm voting I see someone get reported for saying hi.

"Is _____ being offensive?"