Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Symmetry Vs Asymmetry

CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
edited September 2015 in General
As a builder, I visualize what the infrastructure of a build will look like. If the general shape is symmetric, asymmetric, or mixed. Usually having a preferance for symmetric builds, rooms, backdrop, etc. only using asymmetry for unique or inspired builds. Rarely making Mixed builds.

Asymmetry:Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SymmetryImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Symmetry Vs Asymmetry 43 votes

Symmetric Builds
25%
HermitesstjergozSpyrolisaWilliam2MillicentRockster514CloudxCloudBlackoutshock_waveTiagonator 11 votes
Asymmetric Builds
25%
PhilosopherchancejRetro_ChowlxlyKliuqardBloonsmineABBYSUPERSmoothyWeabooKittyKupo[Deleted User] 11 votes
Mixed
48%
toadloverShiroNaip1nkbr0Everywhenawesomeo13LyvenBulletProofJakeTheTomAquaPhynnMuneebNerevarineGilbyXx_Waffles_xXSir_AthurFlynnXDGlobeX_Onyx_XAspireSigzhDemon_Wolf 21 votes

Comments

• lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,129
    Symmetric Builds
    I am a symmetry freak. It is a little crazy sometimes :)
  • BulletProofBulletProof layin backMember Posts: 1,881
    edited September 2015
    Mixed
    You can't make an airship without making it asymmetric, unless the ship wheel is in the middle. But then it would be hard to navigate it, in my opinion.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Mixed
    Why not both?
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    I think each have a purpose and they can both look good if done well. However, I have more fun symmetrical builds. It's kind of hard to make a large project symmetrical though.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    edited September 2015
    Symmetric Builds
    For me, symmetric builds are easier and neater to make. Asymetric builds aren't too easy to pull-off and don't satisfy me unless it's creative and eye appealing.
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    Asymmetric Builds
    I like the natural look of asymmetric builds because it's more realistic but when placing clocks or paintings I freak out when it's not symmetric. So I guess I should have voted Mixed.
  • AquaPhynnAquaPhynn Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,193
    Mixed
    It isn't symmetrical ;)
    image.jpg
    640 x 1136 - 119K
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,584
    Asymmetric Builds

Why not both?

Impossible!
  • KittyKupoKittyKupo Laying in a sunbeamMember Posts: 2,246
    Asymmetric Builds
    Everywhen said:

You can have both. Sometimes its cool to start symmetrical, so you have your original building. Then add asymmetrical extensions onto it, giving a feel of a building that has evolved over time to accommodate the changing times

Yes, this. I love that look :3
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Symmetric Builds
    -bump-
  • Xx_Waffles_xXXx_Waffles_xX [Deleted]Member Posts: 676
    Mixed
    If I plan for the build to be large, then most likely it will be uneven, but if its in the range of a small pro, then itll be symmetrical. I think symmetric builds are somewhat boring however
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,337
    SYMMETRY FOR OCD PEEPS LIEK MEE!!
  • AspireAspire Member Posts: 347
    Mixed
    I normally have a symetrical frame with asymmetrical interior. It all depends on the build really