What are these worth?

-CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
What are these worth?

-Ghost Tree
-Bonsai tree (I had one but IT DISAPPEARED so I'm looking to buy another :()
-Bear head
-Easale
-Zebra Head
-T-Square (Should I trade it for onyx steam-pack even tho i already have one???)
-Android Joint
-Steam Cannon mk3
-A Potato as purple as Sirentists hair

Please tell me the values in blue crystals, diamonds or onyx, thanks!!!!! :D

Comments

• CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    edited September 2015
    Use nasdaq, But don't buy everything from their prices as it's outdated; use their guide as referance.
    EDIT: I made that comment before knowing that nasdaq was being renovated
    Post edited by CloudxCloud on
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    I highly discourage the use of NASDAQ, the prices are not only outdated but in lots of cases utterly wrong.
  • William2William2 Farewell!Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,376
    Sir_Athur said:

I highly discourage the use of NASDAQ, the prices are not only outdated but in lots of cases utterly wrong.

-ahem- Well, thanks for the positive comment on all of the hard work we are doing completely rennovating Nasdaq.

And, the prices in Nasdaq are according to the majority of the players we ask. We ask a few, find the median, and stick it up there. Prices depend on who you're trading with. I've met someone who's asked for a blue crystal in trade for a sculpture. I've also met someone who's asked for a blue crystal in trade for 1000 stone. It all depends on what the player needs, how badly they need it, and how much they value the item.

Now, in all sincerity, screw off. If you do not like Nasdaq then don't go around telling people to go away because it is outdated. We are completely rennovating it. Thank you.
  • X_Onyx_XX_Onyx_X Member Posts: 273
    edited September 2015
    I can tell you one thing, that onyx is worth 8 diamonds. I hope that at least helped:)
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    edited September 2015
    William2 said:

Sir_Athur said:

-ahem- Well, thanks for the positive comment on all of the hard work we are doing completely rennovating Nasdaq.

And, the prices in Nasdaq are according to the majority of the players we ask. We ask a few, find the median, and stick it up there. Prices depend on who you're trading with. I've met someone who's asked for a blue crystal in trade for a sculpture. I've also met someone who's asked for a blue crystal in trade for 1000 stone. It all depends on what the player needs, how badly they need it, and how much they value the item.

Now, in all sincerity, screw off. If you do not like Nasdaq then don't go around telling people to go away because it is outdated. We are completely rennovating it. Thank you.
    Well, the issue i see with places like nasdaq and other price catalogues - and what makes those efforts useless and incorrect is simply, what you just pointed out: It all depends on what the player needs, how badly they need it and how much they value the item.

I rest my case.

Oh...And one last question: how much are screw offs worth? More than screw ons or less? ;) It is a game, so relax.
    Sir_Athur said:

William2 said:

Sir_Athur said:

Well, the issue i see with places like nasdaq and other price catalogues - and what makes those efforts useless and incorrect is simply, what you just pointed out: It all depends on what the player needs, how badly they need it and how much they value the item.

I rest my case.

Oh...And one last question: how much are screw offs worth? More than screw ons or less? ;) It is a game, so relax.
    Hm, I think a screw off is probably worth about 3-4 dirt and maybe 4 screw ons? So rare!!!
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244

What are these worth?

-Ghost Tree
    -Bear head
    -Easale
    -Zebra Head
    -T-Square (Should I trade it for onyx steam-pack even tho i already have one???)
    -Android Joint
    -Steam Cannon mk3

Deez nuts! XD
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    William2 said:

Sir_Athur said:

"Go away, because I don't like it when people say they don't like things because they're out-of-date and I never told them that it was being renovated."

You only have yourself to blame for that one.
    edited September 2015
    @William2
    @Sir_Athur

You can't have a serious discussion if you say something like " it is a game, so relax ", over-react, and make snide comments. if i was told to calm down when i'm already calm, it releases a fury that not even a bowl of mint chocolate ice cream can hold back.
    was a simple misunderstanding, only you choose to take it to a lower level

I'd like to question your point of an item's rarity being heavily based on wants and values and calling the effort of the players behind nasdaq vain. As a practical example, I highly value stuffed bears. I know they cost one diamond but i'll be willing to buy them for double. Does that mean my wants and values completely dictate the value of a item? I put my price of an item based on what its actual price is.

If I didn't know the price of that item, I could make a very bad trade that was completely made from my wants and values.

Another example is that I highly hold rares in low value as I am moderatly rich and don't care to show my wealth. If I don't want rares like paints, large crystals, onxy, etc, I don't need anything to tell me I don't want to buy that item.

My last example, just because I dislike rares, that doesn't mean that trading it at a low price is financially healthy.

Nasdaq offers the relative value of an item so that the reader may choose to obey by that price of be smarter and adjust that price to inflation and their own wants and values.

Also think about the target audience for Nasdaq. Nasdaq is a good referance if you are completely new to commerce, are you saying that giving the price of an item from experienced players to new ones is vain?

Lastly, I agree that some of the prices don't seem right. It could be variables from nasdaq's side. It could also be that you are comparing the actual price against your own price from your wants and values.

@William2
    @Sir_Athur

You can't have a serious discussion if you say something like " it is a game, so relax ", over-react, and make snide comments. if i was told to calm down when i'm already calm, it releases a fury that not even a bowl of mint chocolate ice cream can hold back.
    was a simple misunderstanding, only you choose to take it to a lower level

I'd like to question your point of an item's rarity being heavily based on wants and values and calling the effort of the players behind nasdaq vain. As a practical example, I highly value stuffed bears. I know they cost one diamond but i'll be willing to buy them for double. Does that mean my wants and values completely dictate the value of a item? I put my price of an item based on what its actual price is.

If I didn't know the price of that item, I could make a very bad trade that was completely made from my wants and values.

Another example is that I highly hold rares in low value as I am moderatly rich and don't care to show my wealth. If I don't want to rares like paints, large crystals, onxy, etc, I don't need anything to tell me I don't want to buy that item.

My last example, just because I dislike rares, that doesn't mean that trading it at a low price is financially healthy.

Nasdaq offers the relative value of an item so that the reader may choose to obey by that price of be smarter and adjust that price to inflation and their own wants and values.

Also think about the target audience for Nasdaq. Nasdaq is a good referance if you are completely new to commerce, are you saying that giving the price of an item from experienced players to new ones is vain?

In my under-handed remark to William, I wasn't dissing Nasdaq. While I agree, that some MAY be outdated, it is a good starting point.

However, if anybody has watched any bartering shows, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, etc. you'll understand that sentimental value trumps all. You are never going to get a set price because there is not a set economy. Sentimental Value is the driving force of the deepworld economy.

Sentimental Value is the ONLY factor in determining worth. No "if," "ands," or "buts."

If anybody can argue that, be my guest. I'm open for debate. But one factor you have to understand in trading is that Sentimental Value trumps all. The best way to trade is to understand what you don't care about. You need to find somebody who cares about what you don't, and doesn't care about what you do. Easier said than done.
    edited September 2015
    @p1nkbr0

Could be that i'm arguing my points from my way of trading, but how many bad trades have been made because a new player trades heavily by their wants and values?

You are correct, when trading in the real world sentimental value trumps all. Except, this is a matter of avoiding bad trades and showing nasdaq has purpose.

Let me explain how I traded for profit to be able to trade for my well-being.

As a newbie, I didn't know anything about commerce in deepworld ( Shocking ). I wasn't relatively rich compared to those around me but I slowly gained profit by consantly making good trades, as well as make sure to keep myself satisfied with my trades.

Soon enough I became " rich " and made very satisfying trades and kept my virtual well-being.

It isn't hard to keep making these profitable trades and keep this virtual well-being. First of all, I never made a trade that I found un-satisfying, ( keeping in line with what you agree with ) but be sure i'm not making bad trades.

let's talk about oppertunity cost. By not making a financially bad trade in deepworld, I will be able to make a trade that is profitable and I feel satisfied with.

Knowing the monetary value of a item is a essential for making these profitable trades.

Nasdaq helps cases where a very bad financial trade or a scam never happen. these bad trades are recognized by their bad oppertunity cost.

Also allowing players to barter their way to the more better trade.

Closing Statement: Nasdaq's purpose is still there and you can also be financially alright without sacrificing your virtual well being.
    Yes, please, can we, like, re-rail this thread or something?

Actually @p1nkbr0, we've told the public (on the forums and in-game) that we are rennovating Nasdaq. Some old prices are still up. You guys have to understand that prices are changing constantly, and it's insanely hard to try and keep up with every single price in the game. You have to understand we are trying our best.

Nasdaq's prices are according to the prices of players through experiences and past trades. We ask some people. We try and find the median of that price range. I am sorry if anybody was offended by my comment, I honestly meant no misgivings.

Now! Prices!
    I'm fairly sure the Ghost Tree is around an onyx still.
    Bonsai is around 6-8 diamonds last I traded.
    Bear head is worth 3-6 blue crystals, a diamond at the most.
    As for the rest, I have no clue.

As for the potato as purple as Sirentist's hair though... I'd say around a dirt. So rare, right?!
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493
    I will sell 2 bonsai bulbs for an onyx?

@p1nkbr0

Could be that i'm arguing my points from my way of trading, but how many bad trades have been made because a new player trades heavily by their wants and values?

You are correct, when trading in the real world sentimental value trumps all. Except, this is a matter of avoiding bad trades and showing nasdaq has purpose.

As a newbie, I didn't know anything about commerce in deepworld ( Shocking ). I wasn't relatively rich compared to those around me but I slowly gained profit by consantly making good trades, as well as make sure to keep myself satisfied with my trades.

Soon enough I became " rich " and made very satisfying trades and kept my virtual well-being.

It isn't hard to keep making these profitable trades and keep this virtual well-being. First of all, I never made a trade that I found un-satisfying, ( keeping in line with what you agree with ) but be sure i'm not making bad trades.

let's talk about oppertunity cost. By not making a financially bad trade in deepworld, I will be able to make a trade that is profitable and I feel satisfied with.

Knowing the monetary value of a item is a essential for making these profitable trades.

Nasdaq helps cases where a very bad financial trade or a scam never happen. these bad trades are recognized by their bad oppertunity cost.

Closing Statement: Nasdaq's purpose is still there and you can also be financially alright without sacrificing your virtual well being.

I forgot aboutt this. I agree Nasdaq is a good starting point, and its update has been announced at least once. (Although I forgot as It didn't particularly affect me) it would be impossible to expect everybody to know that.

However, sentimental value drives trade in DW more than in real life. In real life, everything has intrinsic value based on what it's made of. If a knock-off Rolex does match the price of a real one, its parts can be salvaged for monetary value. Everything comes back to its value in currency.

In DW, there is no currency. Shillings were projected to turn into a currency of sorts, but because there's an unlimited amount (just like priniting more money in real life), its value went down dramatically.

Sentimental value drives prices in DW trading. While lack of knowledge can be taken advantage of, there is no set price. I can go into a market world and ask what the worth of an item is and get three or so different answers.

Rarity just acts as a sort of starting point, but doesn't really translate to prices. For instance, elder shrooms spawn less frequently than paintings, but are worth far less. Why? Cause people like une pipes for some reason.

The key to trading in DW is understanding what you want and what you're willing to lose. If you want 1000 skeletons, but Don't care for blue crystals, you would need to find somebody who doesn't care about skeletons but does care about crystals. You also have to understand, generally speaking, what people want to trade. (Crystals, etc)

this is a lot easier said than done, and requires a tremendous amount of patience to find the right person. (Plus market worlds suck and you can't trade anything ever unless you sit in there all your life)
    p1nkbr0 said:

@p1nkbr0

I forgot aboutt this. I agree Nasdaq is a good starting point, and its update has been announced at least once. (Although I forgot as It didn't particularly affect me) it would be impossible to expect everybody to know that.

However, sentimental value drives trade in DW more than in real life. In real life, everything has intrinsic value based on what it's made of. If a knock-off Rolex does match the price of a real one, its parts can be salvaged for monetary value. Everything comes back to its value in currency.

In DW, there is no currency. Shillings were projected to turn into a currency of sorts, but because there's an unlimited amount (just like priniting more money in real life), its value went down dramatically.

Sentimental value drives prices in DW trading. While lack of knowledge can be taken advantage of, there is no set price. I can go into a market world and ask what the worth of an item is and get three or so different answers.

Rarity just acts as a sort of starting point, but doesn't really translate to prices. For instance, elder shrooms spawn less frequently than paintings, but are worth far less. Why? Cause people like une pipes for some reason.

The key to trading in DW is understanding what you want and what you're willing to lose. If you want 1000 skeletons, but Don't care for blue crystals, you would need to find somebody who doesn't care about skeletons but does care about crystals. You also have to understand, generally speaking, what people want to trade. (Crystals, etc)

this is a lot easier said than done, and requires a tremendous amount of patience to find the right person. (Plus market worlds suck and you can't trade anything ever unless you sit in there all your life)
    So we basically agree with each other. Except with how I traded to stay satisfied which is my own wants and values.

• Steve777Steve777 Jumping through time. 1 s/second.Member Posts: 1,233

What are these worth?

-Ghost Tree
    -Bear head
    -Easale
    -Zebra Head
    -Android Joint
    -Steam Cannon mk3

Wow I'm so out of date I don't know any of those things xD
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425

Ghost tree = 4-5 diamonds
    Bonsai = 2-4 diamonds
    Bear head = 2 bears for a diamond.
    Easle = 6-10 crystals
    Zebra head = 6(?) diamonds
    T-square = 1+ Onyx
    Android joint = a few crystals
    Steam mk3 = 3-4 diamonds
    PP = 10000000-12500000 onyx.

What are these worth?

-Ghost Tree
    -Bear head
    -Easale
    -Zebra Head
    -Android Joint
    -Steam Cannon mk3