Should we bring back old graphics?

FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
edited October 2015 in Questions
Deepworld was great with old graphics and look at it now. Looks more 3-D than 2-D. Make your choice wisely. I will tag @mikeIaurence to make sure he sees this.

Should we bring back old graphics? 50 votes

Bring back old graphics
12% 6 votes
Keep new graphics
70% 35 votes
Make a switch for old and new graphics
18% 9 votes

Comments

• NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    Impossible to bring it back, man.
  • ItzDenniszItzDennisz Ñ͚̮̜͈̥̙͆̇Ư̥̰̓̚L̻̼̖̲̲̱̒͐͒̉̚L͎͙̲̗̝̯̑̔ͭ͡Member Posts: 2,706
    Quinn owns these graphics. Quinn is no longer part og ByteBin. ByteBin can't use textures made by left Quinn without his permission.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450

Quinn owns these graphics. Quinn is no longer part og ByteBin. ByteBin can't use textures made by left Quinn without his permission.

Not that...if we switched back to the old graphic, the team would need to make new sprites for everything (cross-hatching is a pain in the ass you know). I'm used to the new graphics as of now, I think it's fine as well as its easier for the team to relate art this way than the original way.
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493
    The new graphics are better, and it's literally impossible to bring back the old graphics so deal with it :sunglasses:
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    Lol same thread as mine but now.... No
  • ZacywackoZacywacko MemberMember Posts: 1,023
    Whoops, I did a fat finger moment and chose the wrong option.
    Anyways, I'm used to most of the graphics. The only things I'd change is the face and majora's mask.
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    I feel like the reason most of these answers are stay as new is because most people today never experienced the old days. But hey, what could I say? Maybe I'm wrong...
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    FreshX said:

I feel like the reason most of these answers are stay as new is because most people today never experienced the old days. But hey, what could I say? Maybe I'm wrong...

I started in December 2013, so it was still old graphics.
  • GlobeGlobe Eating Lisa's brainMember Posts: 1,225
    FreshX said:

FreshX said:

I started in December 2013, so it was still old graphics.
    hue hue hue I starting in NOVEMBER 2013 Muahahahaha
    Dec 2012 for me. I feel if they reverted the graphics, a lot of builds would need to be redone as well.
  • BloonsmineBloonsmine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Member Posts: 2,302
    Well...If we'd switch to the old graphics,they would have to hire another designer to design the items that only had v2 textures which would cost them more instead of making a new update.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Votes to bring back old graphics is 3%, that tells you something.

Votes to bring back old graphics is 3%, that tells you something.

It's not that a lot of us don't want the old graphics back, it's that we know they aren't coming bsck
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2015
    FlynnXD said:

Let us instead find ways to make the existing graphics the best one ever by giving suggestions, spotting bugs, etc and simply being part of the community in a way where we can accept others opinions and refine our own ones accordingly. So, let us stop crying over spilt milk and make the game better instead.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I have to say, I'm actually quite surprised to see so many people care about the old graphics still. To be frank, I can't remember almost any of the changes! Just let it be. Aesthetics aren't everything, anyway.

Edit: Revised my quoting with my quoting powers!
  • WeabooWeaboo Do not test my patience sweetie, I'm high maintenance.Member Posts: 241
    I feel kinda annoyed about these "Bring Back the old Graphics" threads.
    Sure, the old graphics may be great but..
  • CleoAdkins007CleoAdkins007 Land of OzMember Posts: 1,112
    That's annoying? How about the 15-20 people saying no, tough luck, get used to the new graphics bc the old ones are not coming back! We get it!!!!!

That's annoying? How about the 15-20 people saying no, tough luck, get used to the new graphics bc the old ones are not coming back! We get it!!!!!

What?
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684

There are still people who don't know this, and these " 15-20 " phrase the reason why graphics won't come back differently.
  • -CRYSTAL-KING--CRYSTAL-KING- I quitMember Posts: 1,161
    The new graphics are SO Much better! Its a much more clean and colorful design!
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493

The new graphics are SO Much better! Its a much more clean and colorful design!

I definitely agree, it's much more beautiful to look at while the steampunky feel is still there.
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,328
    Maybe I should make a new poll saying which graphics do you like better? Maybe that will be easier do control since people keep saying oh Quinn won't let us use them, we aren't able to change them. I know people don't want the graphics to change again (according to the damn poll) so my new one should be helpful(er)
This discussion has been closed.