How-To-Start-Off guide, written by the own demons' hands and paws.

Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
edited October 2015 in Questions
Hello everybody, today we have a how-to-start-off guild, written by my own bare paws! This guide is meant for newbies, but anybody is welcome to benefit from my superior wisdom and knowledge, also, this guide can help players from mistakes (Fake registration, scams, etc...)
I'm in the tutorial, what do I do?
You are now starting in a world named "Tutorial", if you are, you might wanna read all the signs and follow all directions given through them, they may save your life one day, trust me, and don't forget to loot all chests.

Another one?
You're in another world, after finishing the two tutorial mission worlds, you find yourself in "H.M.S Challenge", don't worry, it's your last tutorial world, you might wanna tap all the target teleportals (The glowy machines), you get items. Also, you have probably liked the game, you MUST register, or else you may lose your progress, send /register into the chat, you will get a menu, enter a real email of yours and a password you're sure you remember.

Well, I'm in a world now, I see others, now what?
Well, you can try to mine for resources, or socialize, make a group, and mine together, be careful who you're partnering with, watch their grammar, if it's poor, the player is obviously underage and may trick you, just ignore them. Get all resources you can find because you'll need them.

I got some resources, so?
Now, make sure you have resources of all kinds; zinc, copper, iron, wood, resin, etc... Then, you will find a hammer icon on the top right of the screen, that's the crafting menu, try crafting some brass. You can also hold your finger over something to see the requirements to craft it. You now may wanna craft some tools, craft a gun if you can. Then go towards the very bottom of the world, the world map (The gear icon on the bottom right) can help you, when you touch the bottom, you will get an achievement named "Spelunker", tap your profile on the top left and upgrade a stat; I would suggest mining, perception, or survival, I know you should have leveled up by then
After then, you should try and achieve more achievements, they give you XP to level up, start upgrading the skills, here are the important skills with mark of STARS indicating importance:
Perception *****
Engineering *****
Survival ****
Stamina *****
Luck *****
Combat **
Horticulture **
Building ***
Mining ****
Agility ***
Automata **

(Did I forget something?)

I've achieved level 10 at least, what now?
Awesome! You should be packing at least 3 perception, 3 mining, 5 engineering, and 3+ luck, now, click the worlds' tab and and click "Popular", you will find a world with small exploration rate (0-30%), go there, another method is using the "Experiences -- Unexplored" method, although it is slow and hard. When you reach the world, your perception should show you black spaces on the map, these are unexplored areas where you can find loot and stuff, try to head there; mine all you see rich, crystals, rare mushrooms, etc...
Now, you may find something protected, you should by now turn protection fields on (On the map, circles icon under camera), that is definitely a dungeon, use your shovel on the dirt till you find the door, go inside and get rid of all the red totems, or Dungeon Protectors, then there may be a chest which you can loot.
Red chests contain common items and clothing items and actions, you can slide the chat button to the right to use the actions like clap, sit, dance, etc...
Mechanical chests contain rare loot and stuff. Those will be useful later.
In these dungeons, your engineering, luck, and perception will be useful, why? You need level 3 engineering to mine the small protectors, 5 for all. your luck determines your loot, perception gives you zooming to see further away.

Is this game all about exploring?
Of course not, this was just a little start, you should by now have some good clothes and equipments, you should probably move towards the other lanes, or explore more to find rare items and clothes. You can PVP, in special worlds marked "Pvp" underneath, you can build many magnificent structures or builds, you can even talk with others and join/start guilds.. the possibilities are infinite!

Side-tips?
Here are a few tips:
1- Don't trust everyone, don't even trust the community, always put your builds in a protector and leave your protector range radius on to see if the whole build fits, don't just let anyone build, there are griefers out there!
2- Don't forget to register! And with your own email and an easy-to-remember but hard-to-guess password.
3- You shouldn't engage in multiple item trades, you may get scammed, at least until multiple item trading is implemented.
4- Ask about the worth of your item before trading it, me and other megas could be a great choice! We will even open a Trading College soon in our world.
5- Never craft the onyx/diamond costing items, they are worth less to trade.
6- Make the right friends, live the right life.
7- Work hard and don't beg for your stuff.
8- Be nice around with people, don't start fights or arguments.
9- Have fun!

This is all for now, bye, I wave my paws to you.

Edited to change some stat importances and category from Collaborations to Questions.
Post edited by Demon_Wolf on

Comments

• iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Also after done all that stuff join a guild
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    iain2318 said:

Also after done all that stuff join a guild

The Guide said:

you can even talk with others and join/start guilds

• ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    I would put stamina at a 5* because having at least 10 hearts helps soooo much.
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425

I would put stamina at a 5* because having at least 10 hearts helps soooo much.

Maybe four is enough.
    Babababump
    Le bomp bomp, newbies ama love dis.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244

Hello everybody, today we have a how-to-start-off guild, written by my own bare paws! This guide is meant for newbies, but anybody is welcome to benefit from my superior wisdom and knowledge, also, this guide can help players from mistakes (Fake registration, scams, etc...)
    You are now starting in a world named "Tutorial", if you are, you might wanna read all the signs and follow all directions given through them, they may save your life one day, trust me, and don't forget to loot all chests.

Another one?
    You're in another world, after finishing the two tutorial mission worlds, you find yourself in "H.M.S Challenge", don't worry, it's your last tutorial world, you might wanna tap all the target teleportals (The glowy machines), you get items. Also, you have probably liked the game, you MUST register, or else you may lose your progress, send /register into the chat, you will get a menu, enter a real email of yours and a password you're sure you remember.

Well, you can try to mine for resources, or socialize, make a group, and mine together, be careful who you're partnering with, watch their grammar, if it's poor, the player is obviously underage and may trick you, just ignore them. Get all resources you can find because you'll need them.

Now, make sure you have resources of all kinds; zinc, copper, iron, wood, resin, etc... Then, you will find a hammer icon on the top right of the screen, that's the crafting menu, try crafting some brass. You can also hold your finger over something to see the requirements to craft it. You now may wanna craft some tools, craft a gun if you can. Then go towards the very bottom of the world, the world map (The gear icon on the bottom right) can help you, when you touch the bottom, you will get an achievement named "Spelunker", tap your profile on the top left and upgrade a stat; I would suggest mining, perception, or survival, I know you should have leveled up by then
    After then, you should try and achieve more achievements, they give you XP to level up, start upgrading the skills, here are the important skills with mark of STARS indicating importance:
    Perception *****
    Engineering *****
    Survival ****
    Stamina ****
    Luck *****
    Combat **
    Horticulture **
    Building ***
    Mining *****
    Agility ***
    Automata *

Awesome! You should be packing at least 3 perception, 3 mining, 5 engineering, and 3+ luck, now, click the worlds' tab and and click "Popular", you will find a world with small exploration rate (0-30%), go there, another method is using the "Experiences -- Unexplored" method, although it is slow and hard. When you reach the world, your perception should show you black spaces on the map, these are unexplored areas where you can find loot and stuff, try to head there; mine all you see rich, crystals, rare mushrooms, etc...
    Now, you may find something protected, you should by now turn protection fields on (On the map, circles icon under camera), that is definitely a dungeon, use your shovel on the dirt till you find the door, go inside and get rid of all the red totems, or Dungeon Protectors, then there may be a chest which you can loot.
    Red chests contain common items and clothing items and actions, you can slide the chat button to the right to use the actions like clap, sit, dance, etc...
    In these dungeons, your engineering, luck, and perception will be useful, why? You need level 3 engineering to mine the small protectors, 5 for all. your luck determines your loot, perception gives you zooming to see further away.

Of course not, this was just a little start, you should by now have some good clothes and equipments, you should probably move towards the other lanes, or explore more to find rare items and clothes. You can PVP, in special worlds marked "Pvp" underneath, you can build many magnificent structures or builds, you can even talk with others and join/start guilds.. the possibilities are infinite!

Side-tips?
    Here are a few tips:
    1- Don't trust everyone, don't even trust the community, always put your builds in a protector and leave your protector range radius on to see if the whole build fits, don't just let anyone build, there are griefers out there!
    2- Don't forget to register! And with your own email and an easy-to-remember but hard-to-guess password.
    3- You shouldn't engage in multiple item trades, you may get scammed, at least until multiple item trading is implemented.
    4- Ask about the worth of your item before trading it, me and other megas could be a great choice! We will even open a Trading College soon in our world.
    9- Have fun!

Ahem, mining should be 3, because unexplored unprotected deep biomes are rare. Engineering isn't that important, and stamina should be 5. Having 10 hearts of health REALLY helps.
    Fallers said:

Another one?

Perception *****
    Engineering *****
    Survival ****
    Stamina ****
    Luck *****
    Combat **
    Horticulture **
    Building ***
    Mining *****
    Agility ***
    Automata *

Side-tips?
    Here are a few tips:
    9- Have fun!

Ahem, mining should be 3, because unexplored unprotected deep biomes are rare. Engineering isn't that important, and stamina should be 5. Having 10 hearts of health REALLY helps.
    In my opinion, upgrading mining at an early point to 3+ is important, engineering is VERY important, getting it to 5+ helps in raiding dungeons, otherwise you can't. Stamina is good and all, but I think upgrading survival is important at first to take less damage.
    However, since that is said by a lot and also since I have 2 weeks before editing this thread is off, i'll change stamina to five stars, thanks y'all!
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244

However, since that is said by a lot and also since I have 2 weeks before editing this thread is off, i'll change stamina to five stars, thanks y'all!

Okay, @Demon_Wolf that uses wild western slang now!