Interview with p1nkbr0

SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
Next up is everybody's favorite br0, p1nkbr0!

Here he is looking perfectly adorable in what appears to be prison, given the bars and the chain-link fencing. Although I'm not sure they let you have giant monitors and slightly-disturbing pink dangly things hanging from the ceiling in prison. So maybe it's actually an alien spaceship. Why are you in the alien spaceship, p1nkbr0? What are they telling you through that mind-control device they've put on your head? Why are they dangling what appears to be an alien body part from the ceiling behind you?

If you can escape from the aliens long enough to answer, here are some questions for you:

Tell us, @p1nkbr0 ...

What's your favorite joke?
What's your real first name? (Only if you're comfortable sharing!)
What part of the world are you in?
What do you do when you're not playing Deepworld? Job, school, something else? If job, what? If school, what are you studying or what's your favorite subject?
Do you have any siblings? If yes, where are you in the lineup? If no, do you wish you did?
Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/significant other?
Do you have any pets?
How did you first hear about Deepworld?
How long have you been playing?
What device(s) do you play on?
What's the story behind your username?
Have you ever had other usernames on the forum or in the game? If so, what?
What's the story behind your forum avatar?
What was the first thing you created in the game that you felt was important enough to put a protector on? Does it still exist? If so, where? If not, why not?
Which of your in-game creations are you most proud of or pleased with?
Who was the first person in game you got to know or become friends with?
What was your experience as a new player like?
What kind of impact, if any, has Deepworld had on your real life?
What's your most distinguishing feature in real life?
What's something you like about yourself?
What's your weirdest or most annoying habit?
What's the creepiest interaction you've ever had with an insect?
What's the most exotic animal you've ever touched? What were the circumstances?
Why are cats so much better than dogs?
Do you have any interesting stories about scars or injuries? Broken bones? Stitches? Hospitalizations? How about surgeries? Gory infections? Teeth? Got any pictures? What. Pictures are cool.
What's something about your upbringing or life that's unique, and how has it affected your view of the world?
What's something you've never done that most people have?
What's something you've done that most people haven't?
If your life were a book, what would be the chapter headings?
In one sentence, what's your philosophy of life?

Comments

• MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    Hi @p1nkbr0 !!!

I do love your very clean work space! :) (Did you blur it out because it's actually very messy? Or are there super cool things that are top secret?)

Are you normally a very tidy and organized person?
    What is your dogs name?
    Do you only love Pugs or just dogs in general?
    What is your most favorite thing in the whole world to do?
    What one person do you love the most? And why?
    Beach or mountains?
    Oreos or Nutter Butters?
    BUBBLE GUM or candy? :)
    Name something that makes you very happy?
    Do you have a home world where we can go visit and take a look at some cool things you've built?

Thank you!!! I look forward to reading your interview.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Know how to use illustrator and photoshop?

How old are you?

Which presidential candidate would you pick?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited October 2015

@sirentist asked:

What's your favorite joke?
    A vegan, an atheist, and a cross-fitter walk into a bar. I only know because they told everyone within 2 seconds.

What's your real first name?
    Josh

What part of the world are you in?
    Southern California, USA

What do you do when you're not playing Deepworld? Job, school, something else? If job, what? If school, what are you studying or what's your favorite subject?
    I work over 40 hours a week as a shift-lead in a bagel shop. That occupies almost as much time as gaming. ;)

Do you have any siblings? If yes, where are you in the lineup? If no, do you wish you did?
    I have two siblings. I'm the oldest. I really don’t want more siblings!!!!

Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/significant other?
    Hahahahahahahahahaha That’s funny... no... no I don’t...

Do you have any pets?
    Yep. One dog. She's a huge dork. I'll get a picture when I get home.

How did you first hear about Deepworld?
    Junk Jack forums

How long have you been playing?
    2.5 years (I’m TWO AND A HALF!!!)

What device(s) do you play on?
    PC, now that my iPod is done for. .-.

a.What's the story behind your username?
    b.Have you ever had other usernames on the forum or in the game? If so, what?
    a. When I was like 10, I couldn't think of a name. So, being the genius 10-year-old that I was, I decided to go with my favorite color, and the fact that I had two brothers. I later stylized it the way you see it now in 2011.
    b. Nope. Only p1nkbr0

What's the story behind your forum avatar?
    It's meeee!!! Well, a drawing of me by me made to look like me.

What was the first thing you created in the game that you felt was important enough to put a protector on? Does it still exist? If so, where? If not, why not?
    When I just started out, I had some help from junk Jack forumers. I created house for me and co. A friend accidentally placed an android Crate to show me, but didn’t realize that decision was irreversible until too late. I protected the house with a small protector. It still remains in Alloa Valley.
    CONTINUED: It’s funny, since putting a plaque on my home a while ago, at least two other homes popped up in that world. I haven’t see either owner of those buildings yet.

Which of your in-game creations are you most proud of or pleased with?
    The spawn to the failed secondary personal creation world.

Who was the first person in game you got to know or become friends with?
    @4SlotToaster

What was your experience as a new player like?
    I already had several good friends who played and even tested the Mac/iOS beta so it was pretty relaxed.  I know for the longest time, I thought you could see chests hidden around the world with special accessories or something. I didn’t really understand the leveling system very much.

What kind of impact, if any, has Deepworld had on your real life?
    I spend too much time playing video games. I’ve also spent too much money on video games. ;)

What's your most distinguishing feature in real life?
    Either the hat or the glasses. But probably the glasses. (or the fact that I look years younger than I really am.)

What's something you like about yourself?
    I have pretty eyes. *bats eyelashes*

What's your weirdest or most annoying habit?
    I tend to hum or whistle... A lot... Like a lot, a lot. That or I can't ever find the motivation to do remotely strenuous tasks.

What's the creepiest interaction you've ever had with an insect?
    There was this fly.. it Flew between my glasses and my face and get stuck there.

What's the most exotic animal you've ever touched? What were the circumstances?
    There was a Zebra in front of PetsMart. I got to pet it. Some family had a Zebra they were taking care of. I pet a Zebra. In front of petsmart. In Suburbia.

Why are cats so much better than dogs?
    Cats are smarter than dogs, but they're toolbags.

Do you have any interesting stories about scars or injuries? Broken bones? Stitches? Hospitalizations? How about surgeries? Gory infections? Teeth? Got any pictures? What. Pictures are cool.
    Had e. Coli when I was four. My kidneys failed and I was on dialysis for a long time. Now I have a scar on my stomach where they put the tubes. Nothing really gory or worth talking about. (Having a terminal stomach infection isn’t as fun as a broken bone.)

What's something about your upbringing or life that's unique, and how has it affected your view of the world?
    Nothing of particular interest. Maybe the fact that I was drawing since I was, like, 4 and family and teachers encouraged it.

What's something you've never done that most people have?
    You're going to kill me for this. I've never had sushi.

What's something you've done that most people haven't?
    Get promoted to management at age 19???? Also, getting to re-train their former manager on management duties. haaaa.

If your life were a book, what would be the chapter headings?

• It all started when I was born
      Still can't walk
      Look I can walk
      I like Hot wheels
      The Hospital
      Kindergarten
      1st grade: killed all my joy for school
      Jr. High: Why is everyone Emo?
      High School: let's take animation for four years
      Adulthood: Wait, I have to get a job?
      Now I have to apply for selective service?
      Bills???
      Oh, I can call for pillow pets without parent's permission
      Slightly better job that's the same
      What's next?

In one sentence, what's your philosophy of life?
    God, guns, art, and pugs.

EDITED
    Post edited by p1nkbr0 on
  • TiagonatorTiagonator In the universe...duuuh!Member Posts: 121
    can u fly @p1nkbr0 ?!?!?!?!?!? (sorry just so bored and need something dumb to ask xD)
  • ClueboeClueboe The AoD Headquarters... Wherever it is...Member, Arbiter Posts: 2,301
    What is your opinion on birds?

Your favorite flavor of barbecue sauce?

Do you prefer implosions or explosions?

What is your favorite book/movie series?
    edited October 2015
    @Millicent asked:

I do love your very clean work space! :) (Did you blur it out because it's actually very messy? Or are there super cool things that are top secret?)
    Both. I'm terribly messy and bad at hiding things. (I can keep secrets, but not hide things)

Are you normally a very tidy and organized person?
    Nooooooooo

What is your dogs name?
    Savannah! :)

Do you only love Pugs or just dogs in general?
    I'm a dog person. I just love pugs the most. (I'm indifferent to cats. Kitties, however...)

What is your most favorite thing in the whole world to do?
    Draw, but video games usually occupies more of my time.

What one person do you love the most? And why?
    My mom. Cause she birthed my stupid face. ;) and outs up with me ha!

Beach or mountains?
    Beach

Oreos or Nutter Butters?
    Nutter Butters

BUBBLE GUM or candy? :)
    Candy!!

Name something that makes you very happy?
    Pugs. Their squishy faces are just so adorable!!!!! :D

Do you have a home world where we can go visit and take a look at some cool things you've built?
    p1nkt0p1a

Thank you!!! I look forward to reading your interview.
    You're welcome

edited October 2015
    @Tiagonator asked:
    can u fly?!?!?!?!?!? (sorry just so bored and need something dumb to ask xD)
    Yes, but only in airplanes.

@Clueboe asked:

What is your opinion on birds?
    I LIKE BIRBS

Your favorite flavor of barbecue sauce?
    Spicy?????

Do you prefer implosions or explosions?
    This is a very hard question. I prefer explosions cause BOOM!

What is your favorite book/movie series?
    Meaning a movie with at least one sequel? How to Train Your Dragon

@CloudxCloud asked:

Know how to use illustrator and photoshop?
    Both, and I have limited knowledge of AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, and Premier.

How old are you?
    Believe it or not, 20.

Which presidential candidate would you pick?
    If Rand had a chance, I'd pick him, but I'll default to Rubio, probably.

Updated original answers. (Don't quote it. The HTML is retarded)
  • LittyKittyLittyKitty =^+.+^=Member Posts: 1,165
    Heylo p1nkbr0! Are you ready for some questionssss?

-- You said you like to draw! Do you draw digitally or with pencil and paper?

-- When drawing with pencil, do you prefer to leave your drawing black and white, or do you like to color it?

-- What kinds of things do you like to draw? Where do you find your inspiration?

-- Can you please, please, PLEASE let us see a drawing of yours?

-- Do you play any instruments? If so, which one/s and how well can you play?

-- What is one word, phrase, quote, picture, object, or something else that describes your personality?

-- Do you like writing? If so, what things do you like to write about? Are your writings and artwork linked?

-- How long have you needed to wear glasses? I love them, by the way(:

-- Do you play any sports? If so, which one/s and how long have you been playing?

-- Do you have any silly nicknames in real life or in game?

-- Would you ever consider getting a cat? If you were to get a cat, how do you think your dog would react?

-- What is your favorite color? Is there a reasoning behind it?

-- If you were to find or create a new element to be put on the Periodic Table, what would it be and what would you call it?

-- What occupation do you feel deserves more recognition?

-- Are there any questions you were hoping you'd be asked? Include answers!
    like that you're organizing the html P1nk, -thumbs up- gonna ask some nerdy questions.

Have any nicknames we can call you?

Certified in any software?

Where did you get your digital media knowledge from?

What strengths do you have? Ex, graphics, audio, animation, etc.

Any products you'd like to show off?
    edited October 2015
    @LittyKitty asked:

Heylo p1nkbr0! Are you ready for some questionssss?
    No.

-- You said you like to draw! Do you draw digitally or with pencil and paper?
    I like to draw on both. But both frustrate me. I'm better at drawing on paper, I guess, but digital is fun.

--When drawing with pencil, do you prefer to leave your drawing black and white, or do you like to color it?
    I always leave the sketch in black and white. If I like it enough to move on from there, I'll do a "final" sketch either in photoshop, or with "non-reproducible blue" pencils. If I sketch in Photoshop, the rest of the drawing is completely digital. If I go with the pencil and paper, I ink the drawing using various technical and brush pens. The Non-Reproducible blue pencil isn't picked up by a scanner when scanning an image in pure black and white. (Two colors) Further refinement and coloring is done digitally in photoshop.

--What kinds of things do you like to draw? Where do you find your inspiration?
    Mostly people or characters. I often find inspiration in other people's work. I haven't had a genuinely great idea in a long time. :(

-- Can you please, please, PLEASE let us see a drawing of yours?
    http://p1nkbr0.tumblr.com

-- Do you play any instruments? If so, which one/s and how well can you play?
    I do not play any instruments! :( I wish I could play the piano. I'd make electronic music! ^ ^

-- What is one word, phrase, quote, picture, object, or something else that describes your personality? In the words of my animation teacher, "A living cartoon."

-- Do you like writing? If so, what things do you like to write about? Are your writings and artwork linked? I enjoy writing, but they're usually scripts or diagrams for comics or videos. However, I'm fascinated with grammar and the like.

-- How long have you needed to wear glasses? I love them, by the way(:
    Since I was four

-- Do you play any sports? If so, which one/s and how long have you been playing?
    I don't play sports. I never have, outside of P.E. Maybe if I did, I wouldn't be so lazy?????? DOUBT it.

-- Do you have any silly nicknames in real life or in game?
    When Drake and Josh was still airing on Nickelodeon, Helen's mother (or aunt or something) came to their house to stay for awhile. She kept calling them Drake and Jews. (Or maybe it was Hellen...) Anyway, my brothers ran with that. It slowly morphed into Joosh, or Jooshkebab and eventually Jersh.
    I liked Jersh. So I made it my "real" name on steam and Jersh Davies my "real life Fake alias." My login card at work says "Jersh" on it.

-- Would you ever consider getting a cat? If you were to get a cat, how do you think your dog would react?
    My dog would probably be indifferent. My dad, though, will react quite horribly, considering he's allergic.

-- What is your favorite color? Is there a reasoning behind it?
    I think the answer to this one is obvious. The reason was that almost no boys liked pink, so I liked pink. (When I was very young.) A short-lived fad of "only tough guys wear pink" almost made me rethink my decision, but it stuck.

-- If you were to find or create a new element to be put on the Periodic Table, what would it be and what would you call it?
    I have no idea. I don't even know where to begin with this one! xD

-- What occupation do you feel deserves more recognition?
    Voice Acting, by far. But maybe that's for the best.

-- Are there any questions you were hoping you'd be asked? Include answers!
    Not any specifically. I'll probably think of some when more are asked. ^ ^
    Edit: yeah, more about the music I like! :blush:
    edited October 2015
    @CloudxCloud asked:

like that you're organizing the html P1nk, -thumbs up- gonna ask some nerdy questions.
    Thanks. Now I'm going to say something cringey. Sounds Gucci.

Have any nicknames we can call you?
    p1nk, Jersh (if you REALLY want to)

Certified in any software?
    No, self-taught on everything. No classes, save for animation in High School. I DO have an unlimited subscription to a Ruby on Rails class that I've never really used... maybe I should some time.

Where did you get your digital media knowledge from?
    The Internet, however, it started with Animation in high school along with Minecraft servers. (I often helped with plugins for a friend's server)

What strengths do you have? Ex, graphics, audio, animation, etc.
    Graphics. I do have an instinct for music and matching, but I can't play anything! :( I'll just keep humming.

Any products you'd like to show off?
    No Pictures right now, but if you want a list of things I can help with that.

PC set-up.
    ASUS ROG g751 laptop, intel i7 quad-core, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 970M 4GB (Partitioned) VRAM, 1TB (Partitioned) HDD storage with 4TB external HDD.
    27" 1080p LED-lit monitor (I know, I know.)
    Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard
    Logitech G502 Gaming MouseBlue Snowball Mic
    Audio Technica ATH-m50x Headphones
    Wacom Intuos Pro drawing tablet complete with unusable, broken pen

• BlackoutBlackout Cutiepamsy@me.com email me if you wanna join ^_^Member Posts: 347
    hi! p1nkbro!
    what is your favorite clothing and footwear brands?

what movie genre do you like most?
    @Blackout asked:

hi! p1nkbro!
    HI!!!! :D

what is your favorite clothing and footwear brands?
    Old Navy, honestly. Too many good deals. :)

what movie genre do you like most
    Animation, like Pixar, DreamWorks, Sony Animation Studios, etc
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    Wow... I'm not really feeling it today, BUT I MUST! CURIOUSITY BEATS ME!

How old are you?

How many friends do you "think" you have?

Do you prefer chilli dogs or chicken dogs?

What?

When?

How?

Why?

Where?

Who?

Do you like pokemon? If so, what's your favourite pokemon, region, and trainer?

Compared to others who deepworld, how do you deepworld?

Well that's all, enjoy.
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    What is the Top 10 best things in your opinion?

Do you like WWE?
    @Nerevarine ask:

what are the top 10 best things, in your opinion?

Prepare for cheesey answers.

1. God
    2. Animation
    3. Electronic music
    4. Video games
    5. Family
    6. The internet
    7. Cell phones. Thank God for cell phones
    8. Indian food. Man I like Indian food
    9. Puppies!!!!
    10. Sleep. I like sleep.

Do you like WWE
    Ah, no. Sorry!
    edited October 2015
    @Demon_Wolf
    Wow... I'm not really feeling it today, BUT I MUST! CURIOUSITY BEATS ME!
    That's ok, I forgive you.

How old are you?
    Roughly 7400 days old.

How many friends do you "think" you have?
    My main circle of IRL friends is about 9 people. My online gaming communities are 4 and 7 respectively. (now that I count it out. Thanks a lot)

Do you prefer chilli dogs or chicken dogs?
    I've never had a chicken dog, so chili dogs.

What?
    Huh?

When?

How?
    Like this

Why?
    Because

Where?
    here

Who?
    Me

Do you like pokemon? If so, what's your favourite pokemon, region, and trainer?
    I like Pokémon, but since I never played it in my childhood, I never got to know the regions. I've played a little bit of Pokémon Y, but that's it. I like Espurr, though.

Compared to others who deepworld, how do you deepworld?
    I don't always deepworld, but when I do, I prefer deepworld.

Well that's all, enjoy
    I'll try my best.
    @Sirentist asked:

Why haven't you answered any questions yet?
    I forgot the most important one of all! hahahah!

Play any moba's?

Play hearthstone?

On a scale of 1-10 how nerdy/geeky are you? ( It's ok, i'm nerdy too, but in private )

How tall are you?

How did you shoot down all these questions?

• ABBYSUPERABBYSUPER killing dem titansMember Posts: 429
    hihi der, -tips top hat-
    Favorite type of pizza?

fav. supersmash bros character?

can u draw a unicorn fighting a narwhal?
    edited October 2015
    @CloudxCloud asked:

Play any moba's?
    No, I can't stand them. Sorry!

Play hearthstone?
    What?

On a scale of 1-10 how nerdy/geeky are you? ( It's ok, i'm nerdy too, but in private )
    8, but never secretly. I'm openly geeky.

How tall are you?
    6'1''

How did you shoot down all these questions?
    Using a daisy red ryder model 1938b without shooting my eye out!! ;)

@ABBYSUPER asked:

hihi der, -tips top hat-
    HIIIIII! ;D

Favorite type of pizza?
    Pizza Margherita!! :yum:

fav. supersmash bros character?
    Meta Knight or Olimar.

can u draw a unicorn fighting a narwhal?
    Yes, it's possible. ;)

• Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I want to get interviewed sometime :open_mouth:
  • BulkBulk So... Apparently I don't fit in a locker. Send help.Member Posts: 3,673
    What's hanging from the ceiling in your picture?

What's your favorite thing that you have drawn/created?

What's your favorite kind of monkey?
    @Bulk asked:

What's hanging from the ceiling in your picture?
    If you're talking about that pink thing, it's actually a gigantic pink Christmas light. And that's not my ceiling, that's the bottom of my bed!!! ;)

What's your favorite thing that you have drawn/created?
    That's a really hard question!!! ;>_>
    Either:

or

What's your favorite kind of monkey?
    Umm... Howler Monkeys cause they're super obnoxious and stupid. :)

• SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483

Can we get a brief bio?
    What's your earliest childhood memory?
    What story does your family like to tell about you as a child?
    What toy do you most distinctly remember being all the rage when you were a kid?
    What's your most cherished possession?
    If you could send a message back in time to yourself, what message would you send and what age self would you send it to?
    If you could instantly fix three things about the game, in order of importance, what would they be?
    Lobster: "Mmm, delicious delicacy!" or "OMG, why not just eat a giant spider?"