Soooooooo...DeepWorld is inactive.

NexeusNexeus Hope LegionMember Posts: 327
edited October 2015 in General
I havent heard from Mike or Lisa on the forums at all...And its been over a month. I get Mikes on some sort of event but how long is this? There hasn't been even a slight update Not to the game or Daily loots everything is running itself right now. Sooooo what is going to happen?

Comments

• shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    I really don't know what will happen and how we can help to get them back. :(
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    Sirentist said:

I will be so glad when the trend of posting "MIKE IS AWOL DEEPWORLD IS DYING" threads runs itself out :)

Now that I think of it. You are right we are being to depressive instead of playing.
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Deepworld will not die when the devs fall inactive but will die when we spend to much time on forums :)
  • AspireAspire Member Posts: 347
    Im getting a little tired of these the sky is falling threads... The devs are probably trying to fix the lag machine issue like you guys wanted
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
  • Unicorn.Unicorn. Member Posts: 7
    Oh ya btw why is the daily loot not showing up anymore @mikelaurence
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122

Our server host is doing a bunch of security updates right now, so things might wonk out here and there. We'll try to take care of any severe issues as they come up.

As for our inactivity, it was a complicated and busy summer, but I'm trying my best to get some updates rolling out for the holidays. The App Store had an update that required me to update some very core code in the game, and that has taken a long time to wrangle (almost done though!)

We missed the boat on anything brand new for Halloween, but I think November will be the month we finally get a new build out! I'll do a "State of Deepworld" post soon.

YAY ! Finally an explanation of all these days. I can't wait to see what's stored up ahead !
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    edited October 2015
    Well as much as i would love to take this inactivity as a normal and not even an unusual experience, i must admit that im irritated about the complete silence on this issue.
    In todays world it is not hard to at least post a few words to clear this up , even if you happen to be on a 3 months jungle expedition to find the worlds biggest onyx in the lost temple of the sleeping God.

Its fine if other players, try to calm down the situation and do counter propaganda, to just hang in there and that negativity will do no good...but this makes the irritation and the concerns even more serious in my mind. As just a brief message from someone really in charge would end all questions.

Edit:

An finally there it is! :) well played, mike, well played ;)

• Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    And a big YEAH for a new state of deepworld post! Even if you guys only have a few sneak preview or graphics of new ideas and projects in stock, i would be sooooo happy to see them. I loved the jungle biome graphics a lot btw.
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    -Removes Finger from self-destruct button-
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I don't get why people are freaking out so much, it's not like deepworld is the only game that glitched before, and it definitely isn't the first and definitely not the last.

(I've even seen a whole broadcasting website actually shut down before)