Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Blocking Expiators

MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
I just think that it is very selfish to block off expiators so other players aren't able to use them.
I know that I am more of the giving type, so when I come across stuff like this, it really burns my fanny.
If you want an expiator all to yourself, we have this amazing option to buy our own private hell biome!
Sharing is caring. :)
«1

Comments

  • NerevarineNerevarine IT'S YA GIRLMember Posts: 3,606
    What's a fanny?
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    edited October 2015
    Same with recyclers and composters
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Sir_Athur said:

    What's a fanny?


    "Fanny" derives from serboantarctic ancient greek and means something like:
    A fat furry cat, that lives in the house of the wisdom seeker- of course something gets lost in translation here.
    We can safely assume that the actual meaning is something along the lines of:
    Somebody burned a furry cat in a library eating cookies of mediterranean origin.

    You are welcome.


    Sure lets go with that definition...

  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    I don't always protect expiators, but when I do, I plaque them and leave them open to public (Imaginary meme)
  • vin_venturevin_venture Minion Training Facility 274Member Posts: 1,202
    Sirentist said:

    What's a fanny?

    Same as a heinie, or a posterior, or a derriere. Tush. Bottom. Behind. All of which are polite euphemisms for the same thing we also call rumps, hindquarters, and butts. :)
    It's a polite euphemism in the United States. I'd limit usage if you're hanging out in Australia. :)
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Why aren't we just banning players for jerk behavior? Really, why aren't we doing this, it makes it seem that the admins don't have any real power, that they are just "There for show".

    Granted, the admins DO do work, however I find it sad that they are just letting this behavior go by like its nothing.

    maybe that's the reason why the Deepworld Game Community is crappy, lack of an authoritative backbone.
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,635

    Why aren't we just banning players for jerk behavior? Really, why aren't we doing this, it makes it seem that the admins don't have any real power, that they are just "There for show".

    Granted, the admins DO do work, however I find it sad that they are just letting this behavior go by like its nothing.

    maybe that's the reason why the Deepworld Game Community is crappy, lack of an authoritative backbone.

    Exactly what I was going to say. In my opinion, and probably a lot of yours to, the devs should really get some trusted players who still go into the game, like Sirentist, to have some kind of muting/temporary banning periods from all worlds. This would really help cut down on the whole jerkiness of the entire DeepWorld community. The only way to get people to do something right is to make them scared not to. (In certain cases, I don't beat puppies to get them to sit, unless I'm hungry)
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    Sir_Athur said:

    I would not even dare to think about the gigantic can of worms, that kind of power would open. Jerkish behavior is a very subjective and often almost impossible to prove "crime". As annoying and bad it may be and in a lot of cases actually is, it seems to me that it would lead to endless discussion, misuse and countless drama and revenge scenarios and so on.

    My solution would always be implement game mechanics that prevent certain problems:

    Multi item trade, so no need for giving items free in advance or afterwards

    Both traders need to agree to a trade to finalize it, as to prevent the fast switch scam.

    Make certain items unprotectable in a wider radius, perhaps disable protector placement in public hell worlds until the expiator is activated and , say 75 % of IPs are raided or down.

    I'm in for the hell biome one, great idea!
  • LorthrashLorthrash Member Posts: 616
    Sirentist said:

    Sir_Athur said:


    Make certain items unprotectable in a wider radius, perhaps disable protector placement in public hell worlds until the expiator is activated and , say 75 % of IPs are raided or down.

    I think a better solution would be to disallow the placement of protectors altogether in a public hell until either the world is at least a week old or at least five new hells have generated since, whichever is sooner (or easier to code). That way people who like to solve abandoned hell worlds, like myself, won't be prevented from blocking and protecting the expiator while they go around finding all the IPs.

    It's important to have the ability to block the expiator on an abandoned hell because otherwise, someone can come along while you're still locating the IPs and start releasing ghosts. I think if a person is willing to go spend a bunch of time on an abandoned hell trying to repair the expiator, she or he should have the ability to protect the "investment" that comes out of all that time and effort.

    Hells don't generate very often, and as I've said, there's one player who's extremely adept at finding and blocking the expiator. If you visit the last twenty or so most recently generated hells, you can see his handiwork for yourself.

    Again, if he can't block the expiator for himself, he'll go to great lengths to prevent anyone else from being able to use it. Most recently, I saw him use a ton of protectors to build a huge structure around an unlooted eco crate in order to prevent anyone from being able to repair the expiator. In this case, someone else had protected the expiator in an attempt to keep it accessible to all players. Luckily, the guy was not clever enough to protect around the eco crate such that no one could find a way to get in and loot it.

    Anyhow, the upshot of all this is that nearly all the infernal protector chests from the last twenty or so hells (perhaps more) were grabbed by the same person. The only real issue with this behavior is that it happens on the most recently-generated hells. No one cares what people do on abandoned hells, but blocking the expiator for your own personal use on the only active public hell world makes it completely unfun for every other player there.

    Disallowing the placement of all protectors in new public hells for a week (or even a few days) is a targeted fix that would remove this form of trolling/griefing, and would also prevent any douchey attempts to block off eco crates as well.
    when I can, I protect the expiator from that someone so people have access. I do remove my pro around the next time I get on... It can be up to 24 hours till I'm back.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited November 2015
    What do you know but a hell world popped up very recently. I happened to find the expiator quite quickly so... I surrounded it with pros. I had to leave for a while (real life) and when I came back he was there. I didn't know it was him at first but then the fabricated story he came up with confirmed it. Here is the story he tells to others to try and work his way in:

    Him: "Lol, you surrounded it. That doesn't stop me. I'm a pro."

    Me: "?" (I'd just logged back in and it took a min to catch up).

    Him: "I can get through the wall you know."

    Me: "Glitching isn't exactly a new thing. Besides I'm happy to share. If you know me you know I'm trustworthy. From what I know of you, you are too." (Starting to think I'm wrong here...)

    Him: I activated it. I can use it. Your pros are useless."

    Me: "So you activated it. Well done. You still can't use it though."

    Him: "Yes I can. I already claimed 5 pros."

    Me: silent. I was digging and looking for other purples.

    Him: "You know glitching. I can glitch a ghost as well. This isn't my first rodeo." (That parts an actual quote!)

    Me: "Lol!"

    Him: I already got 5 areas.

    Me: (finding another purple area) "Two problems with your story. If true, you wouldn't tell me. you'd just be claiming. Also, if true, there would be no purples left."

    Him: "But I activated the pro."

    Me: "So you glitched in. Well done."

    Him: silent.

    I went to the pro after that and found him sat there. As I'd used micros around the expiator, he had placed a blue tele inside my pros close to it. His game is to wait until I open it and try and get the chests before me. The sad thing is that I offered him half if he'd help me find the purples. Two other players joined and I offered to split the 12 4 ways: 3 each. he just sat by the expiator in silence.

    I had to go offline then so I left him sat there and silent talked to the others in the world with a rough time when I'd be back. Now he will get no chests. The thing is, if he'd just removed the pros he'd have 3 of them.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    I think it really just has to do with pure greed. It really makes me sick. Its a game, seriously. Why not just share and be nice to everyone? I think most of us learned to do that when we were 2, 3 maybe? So sad.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Instead of banning him, we should just delete his inventory.
  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited November 2015
    I am extremely confused right now. Before this thread and my conversation with him, I thought he was a decent trustworthy person. Then this happened and I discovered I was wrong. However, now I am again reconsidering what I think about him after my latest encounter.

    I went back to the hell world as I had the time to work on it. He was gone but... So we're all the purples. Somehow he had followed through on what he said and released ghosts to destroy the purps.

    He came back to the world and we had another chat. I was honest with him: I called him an unrepeatable for taking all the chests, but also impressive that he managed to do it. My question is how? The expiator is still surrounded by a solid wall all around and despite my best efforts I've been unable to replicate what he did. How do you get ghosts into a surrounded, protected area? I asked several times and his advice was 'ghosts can go where they want to.' Can anyone shed any light? Any ideas?

    As for Him himself, I enjoyed chatting with him and, aside from his greed, he is the person I originally thought he was. A decent player.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,106
    my turn to chime in, ooh please may I? <~~ this is playful and I smiled as I wrote it...

    This game is a raiding game. First come first serve. No holds and go FAST!? <~~ statement and a question all in one.

    99.9% of the time I find and raid the expiator dungeon. This to me in my eyes is " I found it, it's mine to share or not share!?"

    The other .01% I search in old worlds and find that the expiator is either un-activated or activated and none of the infernal pros are looted.

    I have tried on several occasions to share or help and I was scammed out of loot or lied to. This is why I don't share anymore. In the beginning I was super friendly, helpful and caring.
    I am no longer super friendly, helpful or caring. In due part to the way this game is played. I tend to stick to myself and generally only speak when I am spoken to.

    Please don't take any of my statements, comments or questions as rude or being a "d-bag"


    What I think is crazy and no I am not blaming anyone or do I think it's your duty to, so please don't take any of my comments, questions or statements as a blame game. Not one person in this thread has come to me and asked what's up or why. I am not asking you to but posting a thread like this will make people/members go on the defense. "It's easier to blame or assume then to ask".

    Let's play this game while it lasts. I have made a small investment into it and for me it was worth it. Was a huge dig-dug fan growing up.


  • AMWhyAMWhy http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/27517/the-kepler-colony-evacuationMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,182
    edited November 2015
    I still want to know how you did it!

    I understand how the game is geared towards selfish play and the current crop of players had a large contingent of not-so-friendly people. However, speaking with you today, that Everyone-for-themselves side of you seems out of character. Next time I see you in-game I'd like to speak more.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,106
    Ghosts are ghosts, They move how they want.

    Follow me and shoot me a pm ingame. If not, I can usually be found in my hell world "the skull" or Times Square.

  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 367
    derpdee said:

    I have tried on several occasions to share or help and I was scammed out of loot or lied to. This is why I don't share anymore. In the beginning I was super friendly, helpful and caring.
    I am no longer super friendly, helpful or caring. In due part to the way this game is played. I tend to stick to myself and generally only speak when I am spoken to.

    translate: "boo-hoo! I tried to be nice but a few times I ran into dbags so now I decided to be a dbag to everyone, even people everybody knows is nice and helpful and friendly and caring! Those people who were mean to me, it's their fault I am acting this way!"

    My thought: I have worked with families in crisis for many years and this is a classic response of a bullied child who compensates by becoming a bully himself. Here is the thing, though, every single one of us playing this game has experience of being scammed or lied to or denied of something, we have all dealt with jerks one way or another. To let a few negative experiences stop you being friendly, helpful & caring is to let the dbags win. Esp. in a situation like above when you are seeing some nice folks trying to cooperate.Also, no one is asking you to be super friendly helpful & caring. People just want you to be not such a super dbag at new hell maps. Being a dbag feels satisfying & vengeful in the moment but in the long run if that's your philosophy it will just turn you into a bitter adult. You have to work hard to be so greedy & unpleasant in the hell biomes, the wish is not that you turn yourself into a nice nelly and give kisses and glitter sprinkles to everyone, the wish is just that you wouldnt try so hard to be mean.
    derpdee said:

    Not one person in this thread has come to me and asked what's up or why. I am not asking you to but posting a thread like this will make people/members go on the defense. "It's easier to blame or assume then to ask".

    Yeah, you meanies! You all so nasty, assuming someone is a dbag just bc they are acting like a dbag! The only reason this person goes on the defense is because all you unfair people assume the worst about him! Why didnt you automatically give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he was being a dbag for reasons of honor and generousity? LOL!!


    Serious note: the only reason for someone to act like this on a new hell map is to get a special thrill from knowing how they are ruining others fun. You can get the exact same loot off the purple dungeons in abandoned hell biomes. As the person even says,, there are so many old hell maps with all the purple dungeons still there. Why concentrate on the brand new ones except for the excitement of causing the others to feel frustrated and deprived?

    P.S. I said it all with a playful smile! Also I am not trying to be rude either. A little ironic though perhaps :)
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,706
    psst ... I think derpdee is an adult. An insightful analysis, nevertheless.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,106
    Diane said:

    derpdee said:

    I have tried on several occasions to share or help and I was scammed out of loot or lied to. This is why I don't share anymore. In the beginning I was super friendly, helpful and caring.
    I am no longer super friendly, helpful or caring. In due part to the way this game is played. I tend to stick to myself and generally only speak when I am spoken to.

    translate: "boo-hoo! I tried to be nice but a few times I ran into dbags so now I decided to be a dbag to everyone, even people everybody knows is nice and helpful and friendly and caring! Those people who were mean to me, it's their fault I am acting this way!"

    My thought: I have worked with families in crisis for many years and this is a classic response of a bullied child who compensates by becoming a bully himself. Here is the thing, though, every single one of us playing this game has experience of being scammed or lied to or denied of something, we have all dealt with jerks one way or another. To let a few negative experiences stop you being friendly, helpful & caring is to let the dbags win. Esp. in a situation like above when you are seeing some nice folks trying to cooperate.Also, no one is asking you to be super friendly helpful & caring. People just want you to be not such a super dbag at new hell maps. Being a dbag feels satisfying & vengeful in the moment but in the long run if that's your philosophy it will just turn you into a bitter adult. You have to work hard to be so greedy & unpleasant in the hell biomes, the wish is not that you turn yourself into a nice nelly and give kisses and glitter sprinkles to everyone, the wish is just that you wouldnt try so hard to be mean.
    derpdee said:

    Not one person in this thread has come to me and asked what's up or why. I am not asking you to but posting a thread like this will make people/members go on the defense. "It's easier to blame or assume then to ask".

    Yeah, you meanies! You all so nasty, assuming someone is a dbag just bc they are acting like a dbag! The only reason this person goes on the defense is because all you unfair people assume the worst about him! Why didnt you automatically give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he was being a dbag for reasons of honor and generousity? LOL!!


    Serious note: the only reason for someone to act like this on a new hell map is to get a special thrill from knowing how they are ruining others fun. You can get the exact same loot off the purple dungeons in abandoned hell biomes. As the person even says,, there are so many old hell maps with all the purple dungeons still there. Why concentrate on the brand new ones except for the excitement of causing the others to feel frustrated and deprived?

    P.S. I said it all with a playful smile! Also I am not trying to be rude either. A little ironic though perhaps :)
    Here is a heads up for you. I wrote my replies the way I did to see what classic response I would receive back. As for me having a bullied child hood or being a bully is far from the truth. You do realize this is a game of chance and your chance % goes up by being fast, faster and the fastest in this game for obtaining the best dungeons and loot. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have the xp, leveling and point system it has.

    On a fun note. Some people like onyx, some people like dungeons and some people just like the expiator.

    And in closing. This is a game. Have fun be happy and enjoy it while it lasts...


  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 367
    Sirentist said:

    psst ... I think derpdee is an adult. An insightful analysis, nevertheless.

    derpdee said:


    Here is a heads up for you. I wrote my replies the way I did to see what classic response I would receive back. As for me having a bullied child hood or being a bully is far from the truth. You do realize this is a game of chance and your chance % goes up by being fast, faster and the fastest in this game for obtaining the best dungeons and loot. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have the xp, leveling and point system it has.

    On a fun note. Some people like onyx, some people like dungeons and some people just like the expiator.

    And in closing. This is a game. Have fun be happy and enjoy it while it lasts...

    I do realize that you think there is one clear definition of what the game is, and you have the final word on what that definition is, but in reality Deepworld is more than just a game of chance or a game to get as much for yourself as you can at all costs. Although your aggressive acquisition model is certainly one way to play. It sounds like player stats are important to you, too, but for myself and many other people too, there's more to the game than just climbing the xp ladder. It's also a game of exploring & building & cooperation & socializing with other friendly people, and many players enjoy other things besides just getting as much loot as possible for themselves.

    I'm not sure what you mean about writing in a certain way to get a classic response, but I hope you're getting what you want out of it, ha ha!

    Lastly I must offer my apologies, I just assumed you must be a young person. I don't even know what to say about an adult that behaves like that....
  • BlackoutBlackout [email protected] email me if you wanna join ^_^Member Posts: 347
    Diane said:

    Sirentist said:

    psst ... I think derpdee is an adult. An insightful analysis, nevertheless.

    derpdee said:


    Here is a heads up for you. I wrote my replies the way I did to see what classic response I would receive back. As for me having a bullied child hood or being a bully is far from the truth. You do realize this is a game of chance and your chance % goes up by being fast, faster and the fastest in this game for obtaining the best dungeons and loot. If it wasn't, it wouldn't have the xp, leveling and point system it has.

    On a fun note. Some people like onyx, some people like dungeons and some people just like the expiator.

    And in closing. This is a game. Have fun be happy and enjoy it while it lasts...



    I'm not sure what you mean about writing in a certain way to get a classic response, but I hope you're getting what you want out of it, ha ha!

    Lastly I must offer my apologies, I just assumed you must be a young person. I don't even know what to say about an adult that behaves like that....

    you must change your name to google, Because you act like you know everything, should i call you Ms. Einstein? If you are matured person you won't speak in sarcastic way to a random person you don't even know.-flips hair-
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    It would be Mrs. Einstein actually.
  • BlackoutBlackout [email protected] email me if you wanna join ^_^Member Posts: 347

    It would be Mrs. Einstein actually.

    she's single i guess.. so Ms. xD
Sign In or Register to comment.