Our new Space Biome update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

What happened to Quinn??

RedditReddit Eye of a Hurricane Member Posts: 33
So what's this about Quinn leaving Bytebin. Why, how, when, where?

Comments

• ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 724
    I think he left long time ago
  • RedditReddit Eye of a Hurricane Member Posts: 33
    Electrox said:

I had no idea.. Why did he leave?
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 724
    Reddit said:

Electrox said:

i heard they were not making enough money so he was fired might be wrong
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    Electrox said:

Reddit said:

Electrox said:

i heard they were not making enough money so he was fired might be wrong
    A less harsh way of saying this, also said on the devs' own mouths, that they weren't making enough money, so they thought it was for their own good that Quinn should leave the company.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    William2 said:

They weren't making enough money so Quinn took one for the team and quit, I've no idea when though.

I think it was also due to the fact that he wasn't tasked with making art so he didn't have a role in the team anymore? I don't know, more or less speculating
  • FreshXFreshX I ate air todayMember Posts: 1,344
    Does Quinn still play the game at least?
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,602
    FreshX said:

Would be kinda cool if Quinn joined as a normal player. haha.
  • RedditReddit Eye of a Hurricane Member Posts: 33

FreshX said:

Quinn only mined 64K overall. I don't think he finds much interest in Deepworld other than developing it. And when you think about it, maybe he left cause he lost interest in developing it.
  • TiagonatorTiagonator In the universe...duuuh!Member Posts: 123
    lisa said:

Oh, I totally thought you guys knew. Quinn joined a special NASA team that is developing a method of sending graphics to space instead of people. You know. For science.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!! That is so awesome! He is so lucky! Im personally in love with space and study it alot and quin doing this is awesome for me! Cause u know... More info :smiley:
  • dragonkiller177dragonkiller177 Member Posts: 419

lisa said:

Oh, I totally thought you guys knew. Quinn joined a special NASA team that is developing a method of sending graphics to space instead of people. You know. For science.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!! That is so awesome! He is so lucky! Im personally in love with space and study it alot and quin doing this is awesome for me! Cause u know... More info :smiley:
    I love Science too!!
    I'm currently working on a pheasant way to Travel faster then light!
    Which is Had considering I'm 13..
    AND I have no way of testing my theories...
    But I have one that might work.

• WeabooWeaboo Do not test my patience sweetie, I'm high maintenance.Member Posts: 241
    Reddit said:

FreshX said:

Quinn only mined 64K overall. I don't think he finds much interest in Deepworld other than developing it. And when you think about it, maybe he left cause he lost interest in developing it.
    I'd say don't make assumptions/theories just yet?
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Weaboo said:

Reddit said:

FreshX said:

Also, was Quinn the one who had a different username? (Dr.Theopolis or something?) or was that Jason...
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,602
    p1nkbr0 said:

Weaboo said:

Reddit said:

FreshX said:

Also, was Quinn the one who had a different username? (Dr.Theopolis or something?) or was that Jason...
    Jason is jsonperl
  • jellysnakejellysnake http://jellysnake.net/Member Posts: 6,323
    Yeah, quinn had DrTheopolis
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    lisa said:

Why would someone wanna send graphics to space?

On a sidenote, i'm working on a very important invention, two slabs of bread with grilled meat and cheese and veges inside I call the "ham-burg-er"
  • ABBYSUPERABBYSUPER killing dem titansMember Posts: 429
    i had no idea .o. thats awesome!
  • tjergoztjergoz Member, Arbiter Posts: 5,409

lisa said:

I love Science too!!

I am interested in how the human body can stand this speed.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,554
    tjergoz said:

lisa said:

I love Science too!!

I want to know what pheasants have to do with it.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 915
    Sirentist said:

tjergoz said:

lisa said:

I love Science too!!

I get it.
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Sirentist said:

tjergoz said:

lisa said:

I love Science too!!

Perhaps anti-gravity chambers? I also hear that there is a more "Shock Absorbant" material that was made, forgot what it was called, but they dropped an egg on it and it didn't break!
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513

lisa said:

I love Science too!!

Wonder what happens when an object breaks the light barrier. I mean when a plane breaks Mach it causes a sonic boom and it shakes a little (depending on size of plane)

• iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    edited November 2015
    Ignore
  • FreshXFreshX I ate air todayMember Posts: 1,344
    It's good he's with the NASA and all but doesn't he at least get a break so he can come on and say hi and all? It would be nice... I also wonder if he uses our old deepworld graphics in space cause they were his :lol:
  • TiagonatorTiagonator In the universe...duuuh!Member Posts: 123

lisa said:

Why would someone wanna send graphics to space?

On a sidenote, i'm working on a very important invention, two slabs of bread with grilled meat and cheese and veges inside I call the "ham-burg-er"
    So that we still can receive the tremendous amount of info bout the outstanding,unbeivable! Universe...without risking any lives of astronauts... And it might save some money rather then sending space shuttles and satelites of some sort.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    edited November 2015
    @Tiagonator Sending a human being to send a graphic would be very primitive of us. Astronauts don't need to risk their lives to send a graphic. astronauts didn't risk their life when we sent " new horizens " all the way to pluto and got images of pluto.
    ( 4.67 billion miles away )
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    @tjergoz Einstein's special theory of relativity says that a object with mass requires a infinite ammount of mass to travel at the speed of light.

But there is a thing called blue shift. Your eyes interpret color as a wave, like hearing. When you travel quickly the waves your eye sees shortens, making light more blue. Like star wars. That's how I recall it from astronomy class anyway.

Sorry for the spam of post on thread, when I hear about astronomy and physics I like answering questions and nerding out :smile: