Times Square Lag Problems

NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Member Posts: 268
Hello there!
There is a serious lag problem at Times Square and will there be any actions done to counter it? Trading and messaging systems there are fine , just that moving is super laggy.....

Comments

• WidyaWidya Doing My Deepworld Project Member Posts: 194
    Lag machines?
  • Demon_WolfDemon_Wolf Look behind you, am i there? look in front of you, then look behind you again, i'm tripled!Member Posts: 1,425
    Widya said:

Lag machines?

Nope, no lag machines have been planted in times that I know of, Times Square is just laggy.
  • NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Member Posts: 268

Widya said:

Lag machines?

Nope, no lag machines have been planted in times that I know of, Times Square is just laggy.
    Widya said:

Lag machines?

Exploders cant work in times.....Might be server problems
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,105
    No lag problems for me at all.
  • JakeTheTomJakeTheTom Member Posts: 721
    edited October 2015
    I can tell whats the source of the lag, its full of stuff like big pack of pets in one place and lots of other animated object( like crystal blocks,ect).
    They are eating up faster the resource of any devices ( ram and processor time), older devices have less of these resources so they start lagging faster and more.
    Sadly You have to use an other more cleaner trading world for trade if you want less or no lag :/
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 821
    Yea that dude with all the pets and androids needs to cut them loose...
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    There is a lag problem for me, in a way that the movement of other players seems interrupted for a few second, my own movement is fine though.
    Hmmmm. So I am on a public wifi source now, I was at home where I know I have kickin' internet, so let me go see if it is different.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 821
    lisa said:

Hmmmm. So I am on a public wifi source now, I was at home where I know I have kickin' internet, so let me go see if it is different.

@lisa My best guess is that the lag is coming from that place with all the pets and robots.
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Widya said:

Lag machines?

This machine should totally be implemented. A machine that when activated causes a massive lag (no one would ever use this to troll)
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I would
    Sir_Athur said:

There is a lag problem for me, in a way that the movement of other players seems interrupted for a few second, my own movement is fine though.

Same.....
    lisa said:

Its most probably not about the wifi or models of phone...Pets might be the cause as pets are going invisible in many worlds.....and too many of them moving at the same time would cause lag just like how exploders do ;p
    Sir_Athur said:

Same for me.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,114

Sir_Athur said:

Same for me.
    You could just use the agree button..
    FlynnXD said:

Sir_Athur said:

Same for me.
    You could just use the agree button..
    He doesnt mind sparing a minute to type ;p

Sir_Athur said:

Same.....
    lisa said:

Its most probably not about the wifi or models of phone...Pets might be the cause as pets are going invisible in many worlds.....and too many of them moving at the same time would cause lag just like how exploders do ;p
    It wouldn't be different for different people if there wasn't a variable such as internet/wifi, device etc. It just doesn't make logical sense.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483
    The "lag machines" are definitely device-dependent. You can make a machine that will only cause lag for mobile device users, for example.

I think most lag in general is device-related. Not ALL lag -- sometimes the servers do seem to get weird -- but certainly a lot of it. Millie and I can be in the same hell world at the same time and she'll be crashing out every few minutes on her iPad while I'm totally fine on my Mac.
    Sirentist said:

The "lag machines" are definitely device-dependent. You can make a machine that will only cause lag for mobile device users, for example.

I think most lag in general is device-related. Not ALL lag -- sometimes the servers do seem to get weird -- but certainly a lot of it. Millie and I can be in the same hell world at the same time and she'll be crashing out every few minutes on her iPad while I'm totally fine on my Mac.

lisa said:

Sir_Athur said:

Same.....
    lisa said:

It wouldn't be different for different people if there wasn't a variable such as internet/wifi, device etc. It just doesn't make logical sense.
    Based on some experiments I made, lag machine will crash the hell out of every single phone users. Mac/Pc users are safe.Any opinion about this?
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,483

Sirentist said:

lisa said:

Sir_Athur said:

Same.....
    lisa said:

Based on some experiments I made, lag machine will crash the hell out of every single phone users. Mac/Pc users are safe.Any opinion about this?
    Yeah, that is what I mean about it being device-dependent. Although in my experience lag machines will crash all mobile device users, not just iPhone users.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I can't even play right now. It says the request timed out ;-;
  • Cpt_FluffyBottomCpt_FluffyBottom At the foot of your bedMember Posts: 696
    If you are using an older device like an iPad 2 or something, it couod be the problem. When I go to any market on my iPad 2 it is almost unplayable but if I were to use my dad's iPad or my sister's laptop, I can play just fine.