(Unofficial) State of Deepworld: Fall 2015

Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
edited October 2015 in General
A few announcements for the upcoming updates that will be rolling out soon.

We will finally see new crow ranks and a symbol/icon for the order of the moon soon.

New Items and biomes will be added in a short soonish timespan as well, such as:

Musical Instruments, Lamps, Drones (so soon you will finally have a use for ur sprockets, etc)

The Ocean Biome, and the Jungle Biome will be the next new things that you will soon be exploring.

Also fish, and other critters, soon.

And of course the fashion contest clothes from last year will be added to the shop and some will be lootable as well, soon.

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

DISCLAIMER: This is not an official announcement, but a humorous way for good old Athur to cope with the waiting time and the excitement for the new stuff!
We will get all of it! If you believe hard enough <3
Post edited by Sir_Athur on

Comments

• WidyaWidya Doing My Deepworld Project Member Posts: 194
    New crow levels?Its time for mining.
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    The legendary "soon" has returned
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    ok . . . ?
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2015
    This was NOT funny. After reading the bottom of your announcement I smashed my face on the ground outta despair. :,C

EDIT: Typo.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    Can you please add something like "[Unofficial]" to the title? I came here thinking it was an official announcement, it's a bit misleading...
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 821
    Sirentist said:

To be honest, given the displeasure and disappointment you've expressed here and in game, this doesn't seem all that friendly and good-natured to me. It kinda comes off as mocking and passive-aggressive. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. Right?

Gonna have to agree with you, I really got my hopes up.
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    It takes a lot for my hopes to get up. And this didn't do much, I didn't expect it to be official.
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    @Sirentist
    Nothing i stated in here is in any way false or out of thin air, everything has officially been announced and most of it can be found in the developers blog.

It is merely a reminder of the innovations that are coming up, that are worked on according to official posts and entries and it is as I clearly meant to express: a positive way of reminding myself and all the fellow players of the exciting stuff that awaits us in the hopefully not so far future.

And yes it is also in all honesty an expression of my personal incompetency with being patient.

But i must admit that months and even years of waiting for announced "soon to come" innovations is just too much to ask from a guy with a regular patience span.
    My approach would be, only announce stuff that is ready to be released or almost ready to be within a reasonable time frame.
    That way impatient people like myself do not get frustrated out of justified expectations.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai ノーゲーム ノーライフ 〇Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,450
    You have to understand that this game was being run by 3 people and 2 admins. Now mainly only 2 people and 1 admin. Now if you can develop a game with a few friends of this quality, then you can complain. But then again, that's just my opinion.
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    It is not a complaint, nor am i not aware of the number of people that develop this game.
    And i totally respect the effort and I obviously love this game, so take the time to criticize some things here and there, not to "complain" but because i know that only honest critique helps it advance.
    Stating everything is perfect and peachy is a sweet thing to hear, but it does not at all help to improve a project in the least.

A warm and fuzzy feeling is important, but keep in mind that dw is first and foremost a business venture and so i prefer to point out a perspective that many dedicated players share and that should be taken as a positive and honest attempt to make the people in charge aware of some thoughts and hopefully push into the right direction.

I hope i made my intentions clear. Thanks