why cant i agree or like anymore

ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 690
since the game is back online i dont have a button to agree or like a post anymore???

Comments

• p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    Same.
  • toadlovertoadlover Applying Woturr to the Urrth, to prevent the Ayerr from stoking the Phyrre.Member, Arbiter Posts: 6,432
    Due to some forum individuals abusing the point system for various reasons, the like and agree reactions have been at least temporarily removed from use for all members. Lisa is currently talking with the devs about what the fate of the reactions are going to be.
    toadlover said:

Due to some forum individuals abusing the point system for various reasons, the like and agree reactions have been at least temporarily removed from use for all members. Lisa is currently talking with the devs about what the fate of the reactions are going to be.

Oh no!!! :(
  • Retro_ChowRetro_Chow Hiding from diabloMember Posts: 1,564
    edited November 2015
    Nuuuuuuu! I understood the off-topic being removed but not the likes and agrees! D;
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    edited November 2015
    As toadlover has mention beforehand, it's been removed. It may be temporarily or forever, but lisa is talking to the devs about it.

A typical forum member has an ability to make a post on whether they agree or disagree with a post.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487
    It was a small group of people tag-teaming each other with many many activity posts and likes/agrees. So you can thank them for the removal. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGSSSS
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    Sirentist said:

It was a small group of people tag-teaming each other with many many activity posts and likes/agrees. So you can thank them for the removal. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGSSSS

I tried agreeing that. ;-;

I agree.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    So for the moment they are gone completely. It is sad when a few people ruin things for everyone else, but seeing as things like arbiter positions, for example, are tied to forums points in some respect, we really can't have people boosting their numbers unfairly. Those people obviously know who they are. So for the moment we can't like or agree. It sucks, and I am sorry. Hang tight while we figure it out.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    edited November 2015
    Why should we all get punished for the actions of a small group? Guess we'll have to use a makeshift version.

- CloudxCloud agees with Sirentist's comment.
    - CloudcCloud likes Kliuqard's comment.

Ok not punishment, but removal of a privledge.
    Post edited by CloudxCloud on
  • SpyroSpyro Sometimes I miss the top of the food chainMember, Arbiter Posts: 1,653

Why should we all get punished for the actions of a small group? Guess we'll have to use a makeshift version.

- CloudxCloud agees with Sirentist's comment.
    - CloudcCloud likes Kliuqard's comment.

Things are still being figured out, so it's not exactly a punishment, or at least not an intentional one.
    edited November 2015
    You could just post and actually get involved in a discussion. You can be like, "Hey I totally agree with that. We should hang out!"
    lisa said:

You could just post and actually get involved in a discussion. You can be like, "Hey I totally agree with that. We should hang out!"

Hey @lisa , I totally agree with that. We should hang out.
    lisa said:

lisa said:

@lisa, I agree!
    Sirentist said:

I seriously was about to agree with that... but I couldn't. This is going to be an interesting habit to break.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
    Kliuqard said:

lisa said:

lisa said:

@lisa, I agree!
    I vote for more appearances of you and fishes in the game. Also would you,please fix the top balloon in time square on its left side? It has a missing piece and is off... Thanks.
    Sirentist said:

To me, it would just be better to actually post good content, than to get like 3 likes on crappy content. :/
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    Hi @lisa
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,569
    p1nkbr0 said:

Sirentist said:

To me, it would just be better to actually post good content, than to get like 3 likes on crappy content. :/
    I kind of like this though. Instead of just liking the comment, you can actually vocalize why you like it. Its kind of nice.

-agrees with previous comments-
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    PIPTR0 said:

p1nkbr0 said:

Sirentist said:

I kind of like this though. Instead of just liking the comment, you can actually vocalize why you like it. Its kind of nice.

-agrees with previous comments-
    Agrees with @PIPTR0
    @shockwavepriet , wonder_bread_ wants to know why you agree with pip
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495

@shockwavepriet , wonder_bread_ wants to know why you agree with pip

@Wonder_bread_ because he is right in someway
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    God damnit, now I have to "get involved with conversation", Why can't we just ban the Point Poachers and be on our merry way?
    @shockwavepriet , wonder_bread_ thinks that is a valid reason to agree with pip.
    @awesomeo13 that's what I want to happen. I hate when a few people do something wrong and everyone else gets punished. Like why not just punish them, although to go against this I could say well this would prevent anyone else from doing it. So I guess you can say it's more to prevent than punish
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122
    Or maybe we could just discard the point system for time being, until you guys find a new way to credit points. You could just keep the like and agree button which enables us to actually convey what the button was supposed to do. It would add up to the like and agree count but no points for it. So maybe, eventually if you guys find a foolproof method, we could get the point system back or maybe not but the like and agree buttons are really cool and I think we should have them back even if they don't give points or whatever.
    FlynnXD said:

Or maybe we could just discard the point system for time being, until you guys find a new way to credit points. You could just keep the like and agree button which enables us to actually convey what the button was supposed to do. It would add up to the like and agree count but no points for it. So maybe, eventually if you guys find a foolproof method, we could get the point system back or maybe not but the like and agree buttons are really cool and I think we should have them back even if they don't give points or whatever.

Honestly, a lot of the content on my wall is determined by likes and agrees. I tend to pick out certain things based on what people have found entertaining from my own interests and post them there. For me, it's not about the points, moreover, it's about entertainment.

What I would like is to keep the likes and agrees, but forgo the point system. So I could at least know what people are thinking in that regard. (Plus, sometimes there's not much to add to a discussion. A simple agree usually suffices in letting the poster know they have support)
  • PIPTR0PIPTR0 Brating those testy snot-board beats with nosesMember Posts: 3,569
    FlynnXD said:

I agree
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    I totally don't like this at all. Where's my UNlike button? It's nice to be able to click the agree/like button as confirmation of something. Especially when I don't always have time to leave a comment because I'm running into work. I think that people who abuse likes and agrees for points or whatever is just super sad, pitiful and not to mention pointless! Haha! I made a joke!!! :lol:
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122
    PIPTR0 said:

FlynnXD said:

I agree
    I have to say, removal of agrees and likes could result in 'spamming' or unproductive posts because many people drop a like or agree and pass by instead of making a post for it like some others..
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    lisa said:

So for the moment they are gone completely. It is sad when a few people ruin things for everyone else, but seeing as things like arbiter positions, for example, are tied to forums points in some respect, we really can't have people boosting their numbers unfairly. Those people obviously know who they are. So for the moment we can't like or agree. It sucks, and I am sorry. Hang tight while we figure it out.

How's the arbiters doing in these forums? I haven't been around much, so I hope all is good.