Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

Beta Release v2.5.1 (Mac only - updated 11/16)

mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,314
edited November 2015 in General
Oh hai. This took a while! We had to update every third party library (including physics, etc.) due to a new 64-bit requirement by the App Store. Fortunately it's almost done; we just need to update a bit more code on the iOS version and we can start shipping updates again.

Hooray!

In the meantime, if our dear Mac users could bang on this build and post any NEW issues here (e.g., something messed up compared to v2.3.4), that would be fantastic. (There should be nothing new in this build - it's just a compatibility update. Shiny new things will come next.)

Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/osygvxtlqcti716/Deepworld.Mac.2.5.1.zip?dl=0
Post edited by mikelaurence on

Comments

• SirentistSirentist Member, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 8,795
    Downloaded!

Now I'm scared to open it. I've gotten really attached to v2.3.4. I'm not good with change.

-enters into staring contest with new version-
    edited November 2015
    Problem #1: can no longer see protector radii

Problem #2: game freezes when I try to change worlds. Oh, wait, you want things that are DIFFERENT from 2.3.4.

Edited to add:
    Okay this is really weird. Now that I've logged in again, I can see the protector radii again. Very strange! Okay NEVER MINDDDD
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 1,129
    Raises hand!
    image.jpeg
    500 x 355 - 32K
    Okay, I lied. I really can't see the protector radii. Apparently I had accidentally reopened v2.3.4 instead of 2.5.0.

This is what I see instead of the opaque radius:

Also, this:

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 11.53.53 PM.png
    1392 x 1346 - 389K
    Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 11.52.33 PM.png
    1790 x 1270 - 354K
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 237
    I got the same issues with the protectors.

The snow seems to fall much faster, almost like a hailstorm, idk if thats an issue. i like that.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Join the DW discord: https://discord.gg/eBPGd3WMember, Moderator, Arbiter Posts: 5,077
    @mikelaurence could you do a changelog for us non mac users?
    Have been messing around in different biomes this morning and so far everything seems to be pretty good. Movement is the same, collision, weaponry, damage, healing, etc. Haven't tried suppressors or playing with exploders yet. But so far no lag, and in fact the world tele screens seem faster! Other than the invisible protector radii, things seem pretty smooth. Oh and I agree with Sir_Athur, the precipitation in all biomes does appear to fall much faster. But it doesn't seem to be affecting performance at all, so, hooray.

I'm going back to v2.3.4 for now, since that's where my modified .pngs are, and I just can't stand the busy backgrounds and not being able to see terrapi maws or stalagmites and such! Also I can't live without protector radii. I had no idea how dependent I'd become on them.

Let us know if there are specific things you'd like us to test out!
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityMember, Administrator Posts: 5,314
    Sirentist said:

Have been messing around in different biomes this morning and so far everything seems to be pretty good. Movement is the same, collision, weaponry, damage, healing, etc. Haven't tried suppressors or playing with exploders yet. But so far no lag, and in fact the world tele screens seem faster! Other than the invisible protector radii, things seem pretty smooth. Oh and I agree with Sir_Athur, the precipitation in all biomes does appear to fall much faster. But it doesn't seem to be affecting performance at all, so, hooray.

I'm going back to v2.3.4 for now, since that's where my modified .pngs are, and I just can't stand the busy backgrounds and not being able to see terrapi maws or stalagmites and such! Also I can't live without protector radii. I had no idea how dependent I'd become on them.

Let us know if there are specific things you'd like us to test out!

Thank you!
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 237
    Bubbles from unlooted chests don't bubble upwards, but seem to fall rapidly, more like bullets or superheavy popcorn.
    Same goes for Explosions / Smoke/ and the condense stripes when using power boots.
    Sir_Athur said:

Bubbles from unlooted chests don't bubble upwards, but seem to fall rapidly, more like bullets or superheavy popcorn.
    Same goes for Explosions / Smoke/ and the condense stripes when using power boots.

"Superheavy Popcorn" sounds like a good band name :smiley:
    I would buy their records, if there is coupons for real superheavy popcorn to go with that. ;)
    I do like how that effect looks in game, im all for it.
    Even though idk if it is intended or some "the program is alive and doing weird stuff" effect.
    @mikelaurence
  • DeathSwaggaDeathSwagga In the firey depths of hell.Member Posts: 493
    Why can't I like or agree comments anymore? :anguished:
  • GashlyGashly USAMember Posts: 144
    @mikelaurence may I ask what's new in version 2.5.0
    Gashly said:

@mikelaurence may I ask what's new in version 2.5.0

(There should be nothing new in this build - it's just a compatibility update. Shiny new things will come next.)

• NewGenerationNewGeneration Singapore Member Posts: 268
    2.4 is showing 6 hearts for me while 2.5 is showing 9
    The colour of the order of the crow seems to be faded
    Transparent protractor radius in 2.5
    Crashing when changing worlds
    Smoke from exploder seems to be sucked dowards in 2.5
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    edited November 2015
    Don't know if this is a bug or not. It seems as if the Ruby Crow next to peoples name (only seen a ruby recently after updating, will test later) is less...shiny(?) than it was before?

Also I don't know if this is a recent change or not, haven't played enough to notice much, but crowns are now gold coins but are called crowns...?
  • GashlyGashly USAMember Posts: 144
    @Sirentist thank you I guess I'm blind

Don't know if this is a bug or not. It seems as if the Ruby Crow next to peoples name (only seen a ruby recently after updating, will test later) is less...shiny(?) than it was before?

Also I don't know if this is a recent change or not, haven't played enough to notice much, but crowns are now gold coins but are called crowns...?

Its not a bug , most likely they are choosing faded colours for crows.
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453

Ah ok. I just noticed that so I wanted to point it out. Thanks for informing me :)
    Just pay me a biscuit as a reward pshh

Ah ok. I just noticed that so I wanted to point it out. Thanks for informing me :)

• Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945

Sir_Athur said:

"Superheavy Popcorn" sounds like a good band name :smiley:
    Imagine a 200 pound piece of popcorn, mmmm.
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    Unrelated to the Mac beta build, I've been unable to play Steam Windows v3.3.4 as it is glitching a lot. It would show a lot of the incorrect rendering of dungeons mixed with other portions of maps. The spinning gear appears a lot. For the record, I don't play on Mac Deepworld anymore.
  • LadySkrillexLadySkrillex At coachellaMember Posts: 791
    If only I had a Mac... :(

Unrelated to the Mac beta build, I've been unable to play Steam Windows v3.3.4 as it is glitching a lot. It would show a lot of the incorrect rendering of dungeons mixed with other portions of maps. The spinning gear appears a lot. For the record, I don't play on Mac Deepworld anymore.

I'll be fixing up the Steam build (and working towards Android) as soon as 64-bit iOS is out.
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250

I'll be fixing up the Steam build (and working towards Android) as soon as 64-bit iOS is out.
    Keep us posted. Hope you will find new things to try out with the 64-bit iOS goodies!
    New Mac build:

- Fixed protector radii
    - Fixed particle/bullet gravity issues
    - Fixed Mac fullscreen performance
    - Fixed world teleport spinner & overlay
    - Fixed logout menu alignment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osygvxtlqcti716/Deepworld.Mac.2.5.1.zip?dl=0
  • TRYINTRYIN Member Posts: 166
    @mikelaurence fix Pixal art competition
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Member Posts: 1,229
    TRYIN said:

Seriously ? You know that that's a totally different thing and it's on hold right ?
    @mikelaurence
    Sweet.
    All seems to be working peachy for me so far in the latest version. I miss the super heavy popcorn effect though ;)
  • TRYINTRYIN Member Posts: 166
    FlynnXD said:

TRYIN said:

Seriously ? You know that that's a totally different thing and it's on hold right ?
    I never heard anything about hold .....