Gonna climb up those leaderboards

ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 690
I am currently 44th in items mined leaderboard and 39th in items crafted leaderboard. You might think this thread is pointless and not necessary but i wanna let everyone know that i am a VERY competitive player in online games specificaly Deepworld.
In the next few weeks i am gonna spend all my free time on the game to get the most items mined and items crafted i can to climb up those leaderboards to the rank i should be at. I always enjoyed Deepworld since the very first day i played and now i think the time has come to get myself a little more known. I am at the beginning of a pratically impossible quest to get to the top.

I do expect somes haters for this.
Sorry for the bad grammar. For the poeple who didn't know English isn't my primary language.
Wasn't sure wich category this should go to so i posted it in general.

Comments

• Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 842
    I think this would go in off-topic, but this could be fine I guess.
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    This world be a off-topic-ish gripes and grins.
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    You are aware of the fact that to "top" the top, u need to mine over 15 million (thats a 15 plus 6 zeros!) blocks?

Lets assume you mine 1 block per second 24/7 a day: that's 86,400 blocks , and lets assume u do that for 24 hours per day, without a break: you would need more than 160 days pure 24 hours game time to get to the "top".

Even if you mine super fast, and u double or triple the amount of blocks mined per second, it ist still in realistic term the work of 2-3 years of dedicated playing.

But of course as u are very competitive, i wish u success to reach the rank u should be at. ;)

My advice as someone who was a very addictive miner myself, get outside with ur girl, have some ice cream an watch the birds or sumthin, ;)
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 690
    Sir_Athur said:

You are aware of the fact that to "top" the top, u need to mine over 15 million (thats a 15 plus 6 zeros!) blocks?

Lets assume you mine 1 block per second 24/7 a day: that's 86,400 blocks , and lets assume u do that for 24 hours per day, without a break: you would need more than 160 days pure 24 hours game time to get to the "top".

Even if you mine super fast, and u double or triple the amount of blocks mined per second, it ist still in realistic term the work of 2-3 years of dedicated playing.

But of course as u are very competitive, i wish u success to reach the rank u should be at. ;)

My advice as someone who was a very addictive miner myself, get outside with ur girl, have some ice cream an watch the birds or sumthin, ;)

First goal would be going for top 10
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    edited November 2015
    If you're going for items placed, don't place dirt blocks all over a world. I've always hated those people who I think pretty much do so to be "popular". (Even though most don't know a codex exists.)
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    At one point in time, I was in the top 50% of the leaderboard. You're going up against players who have played for years. Also, ones that play very frequently. Considering how frequently these player are active, the numbers always change. You may be 100k away one day, then 104k the next, then 98k the day after. Consistency is key, though.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,028
    I've just looked at your stats. We are both very similar in everything except time played. You started just over a year before me. I did a little maths on my own stats just yesterday and discovered I've averaged 3 hours a day (key word is average: I went a month without playing). You really need to do all you've done so far 5 times more, but since Sirentist is still playing let's call it 6 times. So if you can play consistently at triple my average to make 9 hour days, everyday, it will take you 2 years from now. Good luck!
    AMWhy said:

I've just looked at your stats. We are both very similar in everything except time played. You started just over a year before me. I did a little maths on my own stats just yesterday and discovered I've averaged 3 hours a day (key word is average: I went a month without playing). You really need to do all you've done so far 5 times more, but since Sirentist is still playing let's call it 6 times. So if you can play consistently at triple my average to make 9 hour days, everyday, it will take you 2 years from now. Good luck!

actually when i started playing the game i played for a month then i was inactive for a whole year
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
    You can do it! :wink:
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,028
    Electrox said:

AMWhy said:

actually when i started playing the game i played for a month then i was inactive for a whole year
    That's fine. Everything I said still stands :)
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Good luck mate sirentist is gona hate you for this :)
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,372

I think this would go in off-topic, but this could be fine I guess.

Yeah but then no one would see it and be aware of his holy crusade.
  • EverywhenEverywhen Make someone happy todayMember, Arbiter Posts: 4,695
    Fallers said:

You can do it! :wink:

Those moments when the Like button is needed.

Good on you though!

I used to be on the leaderboard.
    Then life happened.
    Now I'm not.

Good luck with your ranking climbing.
    I am gonna update my rank on my profile each time i move up in the leaderboards
  • WeabooWeaboo Do not test my patience sweetie, I'm high maintenance.Member Posts: 241
    Good luck!
    Your grammar is fine.
    But don't spend all day playing Deepworld though, you might need to rest for a few hours/minutes.
  • WeabooWeaboo Do not test my patience sweetie, I'm high maintenance.Member Posts: 241
    Good luck!
    Your grammar is fine.
    But don't spend all day playing Deepworld though, you might need to rest for a few hours/minutes.
    Weaboo said:

Good luck!
    Your grammar is fine.

Got school to D:
    Im gonna spend 100+ hours cleaning most of my worlds to get the most blocks mined might seem crazy to you but im trying 100k a day
  • PhilosopherPhilosopher Member Posts: 1,250
    Over two years ago on June 24th, I had the honor of becoming the 8th DWer to reach 1 million blocks.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/7072/the-million-mined-club/p1

I'm not even in the top 50 anymore, and I'm OK with that.. Keep it up @Electrox !
    edited November 2015

Over two years ago on June 24th, I had the honor of becoming the 8th DWer to reach 1 million blocks.

http://forums.deepworldgame.com/discussion/7072/the-million-mined-club/p1

I'm not even in the top 50 anymore, and I'm OK with that.. Keep it up @Electrox !

nice!
    sadly i only started to play actively in June this year so i am so far behind the top players
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    @electrox I believe in you! Show sirentist who the real miner is!

@electrox I believe in you! Show sirentist who the real miner is!

if i ever overtake her it will be at the end of 2016
    I am now 40th in items mined and 28th in items crafted
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis Ļ̴̛̤̩̙͕̥̠̪̗̭̲̪͕̻̇̆̆̅͋̅̒͋̂̅̎͘͝ͅo̴͙͔̭̰̙̼͕̗͇̗̩͇̳̮̦̗̰͙̭͇͑͝ĺ̶͍͛̐̓͆Member Posts: 842
    Weaboo said:

Good luck!
    Your grammar is fine.

It's like video games, you need to take a ten minute break or something every hour or so, could cause seizures, blah, or blah blah.
  • chaos_controlchaos_control Member Posts: 40
    Dude I will wish you luck anything like this deserves it :) anyone can truly get to the leaderboard if you dedicate it to advancing good luck dude
  • LadySkrillexLadySkrillex At coachellaMember Posts: 791
    I wish u good luck as well, and I hope that you'll get there soon
  • NerevarineNerevarine Our reports showed a massive anomaly in the space-time continuum...Member Posts: 3,599
    good luck man.
    i'm not the competitive type so don't worry ;)
    edited November 2015

Weaboo said:

Good luck!
    Your grammar is fine.

It's like video games, you need to take a ten minute break or something every hour or so, could cause seizures, blah, or blah blah.
    Well, I told him to rest for a few hours because I worry for other's health even though I do not know them. Never said anything about seizures though.
    I don't see anything wrong with that unless you didn't mean by that.
    Post edited by Weaboo on
    edited November 2015
    Edited.
    Post edited by Weaboo on
  • LyvenLyven Shuttered PalaceMember Posts: 6,453
    It would be epic if you would video record your attempt to reach top one, then superspeed the video and add some action/ suspense music into it.

Reaching top 1 is certainly an acheivement, especially if you were able to do it in such a short time.