omg my shop in times!!!!!

hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 243
edited November 2015 in General
I mined my micro to change backdrop from my halloween decoration because the pro next to it was overlapping and wouldn't let anyone place their pro. Then this guy placed his inhibitors and spawner just to cause grief!! Please please help me clear these out so i can put my pro back. Thanks :(
Post edited by hugegnome on

Comments

• ABBYSUPERABBYSUPER killing dem titansMember Posts: 429
    edited November 2015
    there isn't much they can do im rly sorry, also friendly reminder u cant mention specific names like that
    Post edited by ABBYSUPER on
  • shock_waveshock_wave R.I.P Being activeMember Posts: 495
    First of all please remove the name because name calling is not allowed.
    Then I don't know how could you fix this problem of the inhibitors because they have its own protection. You could ask deepworld@bytebin.com for this inhibitors being removed. Please remove the name amd sorry for your loss
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122
    You've owned that nice little post above the blimp spawn of Times Square from since I can remember.. But I don't think the person did anything wrong in terms of deepworld ToS and rules even though he caused grief in reality.. I'm sorry man..
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 243
    Theres no reason why those inhibitors wont be removed. I take care of my land. Always keep it updated for holidays. Use it to help people. I could see if he placed a pro but there was no way he could have. This was done to be malicious.
    I hope mike or lisa will help.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 690
    hugegnome said:

i feel so bad for you this suck so much why are poeple so mean sometime
    edited November 2015
    Electrox said:

hugegnome said:

i feel so bad for you this suck so much why are poeple so mean sometime
    I dont know why some people want to hurt others. Im at a loss. Dont know what to even say. Im gonna pray for him.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
    Derp...
  • FreshXFreshX Grammar Checkin' Yo AssMember Posts: 1,332
    Don't worry @hugegnome I'm always here to help
    FreshX said:

Don't worry @hugegnome I'm always here to help

I know fresh, your a great friend. I really need to hear from Laurence, hes like the great oz.
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    1)remove names
    2)your items are your responsibility
    3)some evidence would be nice
    4)sorry if this comes across harsh
    5)I don't have one for 5 but it looks better
  • Sir_AthurSir_Athur 233 west, 11 down, (behind the wardrobe) on my red block.Member Posts: 232
    I would hate to see another premium spot ruined with spawners and stabilizers in the only working/alive market in dw.
    Im all for correcting this assault on a well known and dedicated player's property.
  • MillicentMillicent Millie Hills, Millie Ranch & Millie BellsMember, Arbiter Posts: 521
    That's a real shame I have to say. I rarely go into Times but when I do, I enjoyed seeing @hugegnome 's fun way he decorated his shop. He's one of the people who always updated their area and made it fun for everyone else!

I'm sorry this happened to you. :confused:
  • tjergoztjergoz Member Posts: 5,372
    edited November 2015
    You are here long enough to know that you are not allowed to name people in a negative fashion on the forums.
    Also, this was your own responsibility, the devs can't do anything about your stolen goods and griefed property.

That however said, it really is a shame that things like this happen, and I am very sorry for you.
    tjergoz said:

You are here long enough to know that you are not allowed to name people in a negative fashion on the forums.
    Also, this was your own responsibility, the devs can't do anything about your stolen goods and griefed property.

That however said, it really is a shame that things like this happen, and I am very sorry for you.

I'm not worried about the goods. I could even understand if someone had placed a pro (which isn't possible, there isn't enough room)
    Before and after.
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 1018K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487
    It seems similar to me to a situation where a large corporation owns several lots of land, and some small individual finds a legal loophole to snatch ownership of one of the lots, but instead of building on it, merely makes it impossible for the large corporation to reclaim ownership. I think in such situations, the big guy usually ends up working it out with the little guy out-of-court, since technically nothing illegal actually happened. Such settlements can be extremely costly, though. And in your situation, it looks like maybe more than one person has jumped in to put spawners/inhibitors there. You'd have to pay off quite a few people, and it would be crazy difficult to pull off. I guess you have to decide just how important that little stretch of land is to your overall business!

That said, I do think it's sucky that someone did this. I'm not surprised, though. I mean, it's Times Square. I think it was unrealistic to think you could mine one of your protectors with other people on the world WITHOUT having someone do something douchey like this. But it does suck, and I'm sure you're outraged that someone could pull a fast one on ya like this. I know I would be.

At the same time, it kinda looks like you yourself pulled a bit of a fast one there with the vote-farming plaque: being the clever one who had the foresight to snatch the closest spot to spawn :) I guess all's fair in love, war, and Times Square!
    I need to
    Sirentist said:

It seems similar to me to a situation where a large corporation owns several lots of land, and some small individual finds a legal loophole to snatch ownership of one of the lots, but instead of building on it, merely makes it impossible for the large corporation to reclaim ownership. I think in such situations, the big guy usually ends up working it out with the little guy out-of-court, since technically nothing illegal actually happened. Such settlements can be extremely costly, though. And in your situation, it looks like maybe more than one person has jumped in to put spawners/inhibitors there. You'd have to pay off quite a few people, and it would be crazy difficult to pull off. I guess you have to decide just how important that little stretch of land is to your overall business!

That said, I do think it's sucky that someone did this. I'm not surprised, though. I mean, it's Times Square. I think it was unrealistic to think you could mine one of your protectors with other people on the world WITHOUT having someone do something douchey like this. But it does suck, and I'm sure you're outraged that someone could pull a fast one on ya like this. I know I would be.

At the same time, it kinda looks like you yourself pulled a bit of a fast one there with the vote-farming plaque: being the clever one who had the foresight to snatch the closest spot to spawn :) I guess all's fair in love, war, and Times Square!</blockquote

Waiting on an offical deepworld response. I wont be black mailed siren. I've always been and always will be about right and wrong. How ironic is it that i got my 2 year forum badge right after this happened.

hugegnome said:

I need to

Sirentist said:

At the same time, it kinda looks like you yourself pulled a bit of a fast one there with the vote-farming plaque: being the clever one who had the foresight to snatch the closest spot to spawn :) I guess all's fair in love, war, and Times Square!

hugegnome said:

I need to

Sirentist said:

i would like to think that my votes are equal parts location and dedication. Im in that shop all the time, always decorating, helping, trading. Sure its a good spot but theres a lot of good spots.
  • SirentistSirentist Member, Arbiter Posts: 8,487
    hugegnome said:

I need to

Sirentist said:

Waiting on an offical deepworld response. I wont be black mailed siren. I've always been and always will be about right and wrong. How ironic is it that i got my 2 year forum badge right after this happened.
    hugegnome said:

i would like to think that my votes are equal parts location and dedication. Im in that shop all the time, always decorating, helping, trading. Sure its a good spot but theres a lot of good spots.

I know this is gonna make you mad, but I guess I just don't understand why you think your situation requires intervention from the devs. I mean, this sort of asshattery happens in Times Square all the time to less-well-known players in less-central spots. And there are many protectors around the spawn that are constricted from expanding by people placing inhibitors and spawners. I myself have a little protector there that can't be expanded due to self-protecting items. It's just the way things work in Times Square.

You still have two protectors claiming the most coveted space in the world. No one can build anything in the blocks that you lost by mining your third protector, since no one can place a new protector there. So you don't have to worry about anyone competing with your business, and your fabulous shop location hasn't been fundamentally compromised. You can still be there decorating, helping, and trading -- albeit with slightly less square footage.

As I said before, I do get it how infuriating it is. And if I had forgotten about inhibitors and made the mistake of taking down the protection on part of my build, and someone snatched those blocks of space away with an inhibitor or spawner, I'd be really pissed, too. But I wouldn't feel like it was something Lisa or the developers should have to fix for me, you know? I mean, it sucks! But ... it seems like that's part of the price you pay for doing business in Times Square.

I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic. I swear I'm not unsympathetic. There are so many ways in this game that people can be nasty to each other, and Times Square in particular seems like a hotspot for that sort of behavior. I'm really sorry a tiny mistake on your part resulted in your losing a portion of your prime location. I hope you don't end up leaving over this. I have faith in your entrepreneurial spirit! Don't let some jerkwad drive you out of the game!
  • iain2318iain2318 Plotting my revenge in a dark caveMember Posts: 513
    Wait that's your shop ohh no I love that place my best deepworld memories were there I rember first joining dw the first world u visited was Times Square and I rember being in that shop
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    This definitely a really crappy situation. While we can't remove items from the game unless they are inappropriate, it was said a while ago that inhibitors would be made not to work in Market Worlds.

We are going to remove their ability to work in Market Worlds soon. Before this happens, Mike will make a forum announcement so that you all will have warning of when this will occur. At that point, @hugegnome , you could try to reclaim your land.

Again, it is definitely crappy that this happened.
    lisa said:

This definitely a really crappy situation. While we can't remove items from the game unless they are inappropriate, it was said a while ago that inhibitors would be made not to work in Market Worlds.

We are going to remove their ability to work in Market Worlds soon. Before this happens, Mike will make a forum announcement so that you all will have warning of when this will occur. At that point, @hugegnome , you could try to reclaim your land.

Those inhibitors are inappropriate Lisa.

edited November 2015
    hugegnome said:

lisa said:

Those inhibitors are inappropriate Lisa. Put there to do nothing more than blackmail and be hurtful. I should have to "try to reclaim my land" because of a problem that was supposed to be fixed months ago? It bothers me that Mike is ok with people hurting others. Its the accepted norm in his game. Come on @mikelaurence. Stand up for whats right!!!

Post edited by hugegnome on
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    edited November 2015
    It is an unfortunate situation, but you cannot expect administration to make a special case just for you. I'm sorry you are angry. Deepworld is supposed to be a fun place, and it sucks when mean people screw it up. I would suggest placing a pro in a different spot before removing one to retrieve an item. Times Square is a very busy place. Again, Mike will announce when inhibitors will no longer function in Market Worlds, and at that time you can attempt to retrieve your land.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 690
    lisa said:

It is an unfortunate situation, but you cannot expect administration to make a special case just for you. I'm sorry you are angry. Deepworld is supposed to be a fun place, and it sucks when mean people screw it up. I would suggest placing a pro in a different spot before removing one to retrieve an item. Times Square is a very busy place. Again, Mike will announce when inhibitors will no longer function in Market Worlds, and at that time you can attempt to retrieve your land.

Hi @Lisa The thing is inhibitor are not the only thing poeple place there is also the spawners if only inhibitor are removed from market worlds it wont make any change because there will still be the spawners
    edited November 2015
    This isnt a special exception. This is bad game mechanics that were supposed to be fixed months ago. How am i supposed to drop another pro when I'm limited to 3 micros?? This is right from wrong Lisa. I cant place a pandora but i can place a spawner or inhibitor? Yet again the scammer/griefer wins.
    Lisa you've been a great friend to me and always have been there for me for years. I'm not angry with you at all. Its Mike that clearly doesn't care.
  • SmoothySmoothy Definitely not drinking a Smoothie ATM...Member Posts: 636
    lisa said:

Aw man this really stinks. Like Milli, I rarely visit Times Square but I loved seeing your updated land. Even if this isn't publicly announced that those darn inhibitors are removed, can you help him out some other time and try to get his land back? The people that did it aren't getting anything out of it whatsoever. It even looks like some spawners are blocking the way as well. I'm sorry @hugegnome this really stinks. :confounded:
This discussion has been closed.