Why is a thread closed thats not inappropriate?

hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 243
I feel like I'm in North Korea. Is it bad to see more people support me?

Comments

• awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    No, its just that it had no use afterwards. The Problem was "solved"/explained and that was that, @Lisa couldn't do anything about it.
  • hugegnomehugegnome Member Posts: 243

No, its just that it had no use afterwards. The Problem was "solved"/explained and that was that, @Lisa couldn't do anything about it.

Lol if you believe that was the reason then I got a bridge to sell you.
  • vmh20vmh20 Member Posts: 705
    Listen, we are all VERY sorry about the land, but sometimes we need to be patient. Mike will remove inhibitors sometime soon (Hopefully). I made a post earlier about inhibitors, and if you go to left of Yorkshire, 4 of them are preventing me from expanding. Again I am truely sorry.
  • derpdeederpdee Dark side of the moon.Member Posts: 973
    Hhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaaa!
    edited November 2015
    vmh20 said:

Listen, we are all VERY sorry about the land, but sometimes we need to be patient. Mike will remove inhibitors sometime soon (Hopefully). I made a post earlier about inhibitors, and if you go to left of Yorkshire, 4 of them are preventing me from expanding. Again I am truely sorry.

Mike is making it so clear right now that he doesn't care. I tried to reach out and all i get is my threads closed. Spent 3+ years being all about this game and cant even get a reply. I'm not asking for someone's land here. Everybody should stand together and tell the powers at be that we want a fair game not in favor or griefers and scammers.
  • FlynnXDFlynnXD Somewhere in the middle of lifeMember Posts: 1,122
    I would've said that its bad luck and it has to be ignored if the person had placed a protector in hugegnome's area, but he just placed an inhibitor and a spawner which does no productive work OTHER THAN BRINGING GRIEF TO OTHERS. I feel so angry now that I can't say anything good. Are they doing this because they're jealous ? Or because they hate huge ? Or just because they can ? This kind of crap makes me hate this one portion of the deepworld community because they're everywhere. Our so called friends may be one of them. There arent many we can trust or even expect mature behaviour from. There are people in Times Square saying inappropriate stuff and get away with it. How did our community even get so low ? Under aged kids ? I'd say it's just how some humans have changed..
    We can't change them, so we have to change. We have to adapt to this world where survival of the fittest is the key to success. We have to be careful with our possessions, with how we prevent them from manipulating us, with placing our trust in someone, etc etc.

This episode has ended as a bad experience with the admins not agreeing to take actions but It tells us yet another example of what this world is changing into and we have no choice but to refine our own ways and find a method to keep going..
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    I am confused as to why you think mike doesn't care about the game. He clearly cares about the community, and he surely cares about the game. Like I've said before, I am sorry that this happened, but it isn't against ToS. Think of it as a loophole, and loopholes just exist. Your threads get closed because there is no purpose of the thread and a solution has been reached.
  • KliuqardKliuqard I'll actually put a location. Las Vegas, Nevada. Stalk me now.Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,034
    edited November 2015
    Ignore
    Good night deepworld
  • p1nkbr0p1nkbr0 Like, totally, brahMember, Arbiter Posts: 5,034
    edited November 2015
    hugegnome said:

FlynnXD said:

I would've said that its bad luck and it has to be ignored if the person had placed a protector in hugegnome's area, but he just placed an inhibitor and a spawner which does no productive work OTHER THAN BRINGING GRIEF TO OTHERS. I feel so angry now that I can't say anything good. Are they doing this because they're jealous ? Or because they hate huge ? Or just because they can ? This kind of crap makes me hate this one portion of the deepworld community because they're everywhere. Our so called friends may be one of them. There arent many we can trust or even expect mature behaviour from. There are people in Times Square saying inappropriate stuff and get away with it. How did our community even get so low ? Under aged kids ? I'd say it's just how some humans have changed..
    We can't change them, so we have to change. We have to adapt to this world where survival of the fittest is the key to success. We have to be careful with our possessions, with how we prevent them from manipulating us, with placing our trust in someone, etc etc.

This episode has ended as a bad experience with the admins not agreeing to take actions but It tells us yet another example of what this world is changing into and we have no choice but to refine our own ways and find a method to keep going..

The main reason that its rampant is because nothing has been done to discourage this behavior. It's accepted in this game to scam and grief because theres no consequences. Theres no method in place for fair trading. I have seen more people upset in game. Nobody cares because its "not against tos" well you know what? Happy players buy crowns and support the developers.
    This, I agree. Because the developers have put into place "laws" (or pardons) regarding trades, they have essentially excused, and even condoned this wretched behavior. Since the developers have no say in trading, good or bad, players have no set of rules to go by. Given the extremely under-aged community, it was only a short time before this began to have negative effects. The fault is not in the trade worlds, or trading itself, but the lack of consequences and restrictions in place for encouraging good, honest, and kind behavior.

In fact problem is more of a philosophical one. In fact, it's completely dependent on each individual's ethics and morals. So many children lack the experience and maturity to understand the abstract, and often unspoken, differences between what's right and what's wrong.

I have always felt uneasy about the rules regarding calling out players and trading in general. It just never sat right in me. Something always stirred, and I think you've finally put into words what I've been feeling. You've finally said the reason I've had a deep and unrelenting hate for market worlds; it's an almost instinctual, and hard to describe feeling of pure evil.
  • AMWhyAMWhy Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November 2015
    I have no sympathy for @hugegnome. While, yes, it sucks, your build was in a public world. It was only ever yours by virtue of you having a pro over that area. As soon as the pro was removed, the land became fair play for everyone.

What I really mean is: No one owns land in a public world

If all you want is as you stated: "That little shop means the world to me. Its my escape from the real world. The good people in this game are what's worth fighting for. I don't really make anything off that landmark. Its a gathering place, where many friendships have been made, and a place to dance and trade." Then you are very welcome to take your pros away and move into my market world Clockwise. There is still a lot of land free including areas close to spawn. I even give out free micros while they last.
  • lisalisa ice cream parlorAdministrator Posts: 5,106
    Your thread was closed because you continuing to say the same thing over and over does not change the result. Neither does creating a new post about it. Inhibitors will be removed from function from Market Worlds. The End.
This discussion has been closed.