Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our latest update has been released! Please leave us a nice review in the App Store if you have the time, thank you!

When did Deepworld become a dating site?

FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244
As time goes by, I notice that more and more people are getting in romantic relationships. This confuses me so much, why would people do this?! Deepworld is a game (and a relatively awesome one, too), not a dating site. As I said before, why would people do this?

Comments

• ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    It's been going on for a long time now, people used to make strip clubs as well...but the majority of the forums community doesn't do this I believe, it doesn't really bother me.
  • FallersFallers noisnemid esrever a nIMember Posts: 1,244

It's been going on for a long time now, people used to make strip clubs as well...but the majority of the forums community doesn't do this I believe, it doesn't really bother me.

But just...wha- did you just say "stirp clubs"?
    WHAT THE HECK?!
  • ShiroNaiShiroNai Back from the dead...maybe?Member, Arbiter Posts: 4,453
    Yes. Those were a thing and there are some that still exist

Why. Just, why?
  • awesomeo13awesomeo13 New york, New YorkMember Posts: 5,951
    Fallers said:

Why. Just, why?
    "Children are curious"

Fallers said:

Why. Just, why?
    "Children are curious"
    I notice that more mature people do this too.
  • William2William2 Member, Arbiter Posts: 3,379
    Someone built a few strip clubs in my world. I think one may still be there, hidden somewhere...

But yeah, kiddos, Deepworld isn't a dating website, it's an online game. I would much rather prefer to go out with somebody and be able to talk to them and actually see them, read their emotions, etc, rather than dating anonymously.

Ohhh, and don't get me started when some random person comes into a world shouting "WHO WILL BE MY GIRLFRIEND?" or "I NEED A BOYFRIEND!" A partner is supposed to be somebody who you love and care about, not some random chick that you saw and were like "hey im lonly and pll make fun of me cuz i don have a girlfriend, will u go out wit me". -rips hair out-

I dunno, Deepworld is a role playing game where we are thrown into an apocolyptic world with other players, whom we can socialize with in any was we please.
    Since we are given the choice to interact with other people of various genders, I find it a bit inaccurate to call Deepworld a "Dating site". If a couple decides their relationship is romantic, then it's totally they're right.

Lyven said:

Anything thats has multiplayer is bound to be turned into a dating site at some point.

Theres a difference between the "I luv u, U luv me!!" Roleplay and the "Sexualized" Roleplay.

Im fine with the former, but the later is highly inappropriate.
  • ElectroxElectrox Antarctica Underground BaseMember Posts: 877
    in each of the multiplayer game i played i saw poeple dating so
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    I think it is just young people trying out adult roles, much like children play "house" to practice the roles they see enacted in real life in the adults around them. As for the sexualized stuff, I suppose it is similar to playing "doctor," only due to the internet, it takes on a more public and anonymous aspect.
    Diane said:

I think it is just young people trying out adult roles, much like children play "house" to practice the roles they see enacted in real life in the adults around them. As for the sexualized stuff, I suppose it is similar to playing "doctor," only due to the internet, it takes on a more public and anonymous aspect.

Its not as innocent as playing "Doctor", which I wouldn't mind.

Just follow this Mad-Libs-esqe sentence: "Im going to (Lewd Thing) your (Lewd Thing), very (Curse)(Lewd Thing)" and you will have a basic understanding of what the majority of the "Kids" say.
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945
    This stuff in my opinion is very childish. I can name a game or two that got ruined due to this ODing stuff, family role playing is fine but online dating is something else.

This stuff in my opinion is very childish. I can name a game or two that got ruined due to this ODing stuff, family role playing is fine but online dating is something else.

-Remembers time on a minecraft server-

*Shivers*
  • Wonder_melon_Wonder_melon_ DANK MAY MAYS ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤMember Posts: 1,361
    I could build a strip club.
  • zombiecatcherzombiecatcher Being an edgy kidMember Posts: 716

-Remembers time on a minecraft server-

*Shivers*
    -Remembers memories of people dating and stuff-
    :open_mouth:
    its in all online games, It's quite disgusting. But at the same time, I get kinda teary because love makes me get all 'ohhhh thats so cuuute an 8 year old and a 9 year old!' but then I report them when they get a bit to far. It's fine for me. But not when it gets to far.
    You know what's weird, when you put an emoji from your keyboard, the text after it dissapears as well as the emoji
  • CloudxCloudCloudxCloud EarthMember Posts: 684
    Once children get over " cooties ", they want to mimic their adolescents and adults. Wether they know what they're doing or not.
    Then... Their dreams and emotions get crushed by reality then they move on
  • ocg13ocg13 Swimming in Mars barsMember Posts: 1,549
    Cause 12 year olds
  • SundaraSundara New York CityMember Posts: 359
    We should just let them be. I mean does it affect you? No.
    People are going to continue "online dating" no matter what. Even if you tell them "This is not an online dating site." They don't care.
    Im just saying, ya know?
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Member Posts: 1,378
    Deepworld is a multi player game where players can chat and make friends. Sometime that goes a bit too far. People will start saying how if you want a boy/girl friend say 111 and/or talk about sexual and gay references. Now I admit, in 2013 when I was a few months in the game I would talk about having a girlfriend in-game (However I can't anymore as I am in a real relationship :smile: ) and hang around other players who talked dirty a lot. Today that prevent has decreased greatly and I'm happy it did as if I owned this game I would not tolerate it. My advice is to not do Deepworld dating as you do not know that person at all and (I'm bringing it back this time. Sorry @lisa :no_mouth: ) this is not meeting your dark chocolate on BlackPeopleMeet.com (sorry). It could also get dangerous as most kids who are probably underage will fool around and probably give out their DW pass or email. If you want to find someone guys, just go up to that girl you really like and ask them out, same for girls.

I recommend this is a poll to see what or how you think about this situation.
    I keep my relationship info to myself and my wife
  • FreshXFreshX Taking an extended blink. Hold on for a moment. Member Posts: 1,378

I keep my relationship info to myself and my wife

Wait, you're an adult? I thought you were a teen :lol:
  • Dominus_MortisDominus_Mortis I am being super super super super super super super super super SUUUUPER good. Mmkay? Kay.Member Posts: 945
    FreshX said:

Deepworld is a multi player game where players can chat and make friends. Sometime that goes a bit too far. People will start saying how if you want a boy/girl friend say 111 and/or talk about sexual and gay references. Now I admit, in 2013 when I was a few months in the game I would talk about having a girlfriend in-game (However I can't anymore as I am in a real relationship :smile: ) and hang around other players who talked dirty a lot. Today that prevent has decreased greatly and I'm happy it did as if I owned this game I would not tolerate it. My advice is to not do Deepworld dating as you do not know that person at all and (I'm bringing it back this time. Sorry @lisa :no_mouth: ) this is not meeting your dark chocolate on BlackPeopleMeet.com (sorry). It could also get dangerous as most kids who are probably underage will fool around and probably give out their DW pass or email. If you want to find someone guys, just go up to that girl you really like and ask them out, same for girls.

So if I spoke of trash cans or smelly sock see wouldn't be able to speak to each other? -sad face-
    Anyways I have to agree with Fresh that it's not all right to online date. If I may so add, it's not only dangerous, it's EXTREMELY dangerous. Here's an example:

Random World:
    50 yo Pedo(muscleboy1337): Hi whackysally132 wanna be friend?
    whackysally132: Sure.
    50 yo Pedo: let's be boyfriend girlfriend.
    whackysally132: are u a 13-15 year old? I'm 14.
    50 yo Pedo: Obviously I'm 15!
    whackysally132: ok now we boyfriend girlfriend.
    50 yo Pedo: can have phone number?
    whackysally132: I'm not sure....
    50 yo Pedo: u can trust me.
    whackysally132: okay it's 123-456-7890
    50 yo Pedo: what's your address and town you live? I'm your BF you can tells me.
    whackysally132: it's 1 bubbajohn ave Cattown, USA.
    50 yo Pedo: thanks! We r grate friend.
    -dun dun DUN dunnnnn-
    Today in News
    -you can only imagine the horror of what this would say-

And this is possible and could happen. It might even have happened but not this quick. (This was not meant to represent any deepworldians.)
  • GovernorGovernor Member Posts: 231
    Let's be real here...nothing good comes out of In-Game Dating...
  • RomyrjohnandreiRomyrjohnandrei I like to smell your hair while i watch you sleep in your bed from behind your closet....Member Posts: 1,337
    i too hath foundeth something in the box of chatting:

girl:i am lonely... can anyone be my bouyfriend?!?!?!
    boy:i liek dirt
    girl: good enough....
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 371
    FreshX said:

"meeting your dark chocolate on BlackPeopleMeet.com"..... ??? .... wtf!?