Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deepworld is back online after a system outage. Thanks for your patience.

Glitch Players

SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,061Member, Moderator, Arbiter
edited April 2013 in Collaborations
I know there are at least a few of you here. I figured we could use a forum thread as a way to find each other. I've purchased a private zone and am happy to have it be our new ... well, "home" is the wrong word. But yeah.

So reply here if you've come over from Glitch. Tell your Glitch name and maybe we can start building another little place to call our own.

I'm Siren. I was Sirentist in Glitch, and I'm Sirentist here in Deepworld as well.
Post edited by lisa on

Comments

• HermitessHermitess Posts: 592Member
    Hey, Little Miss Giggles here. I thought I'd revert to my usual internet handle and leave LMG to the disappearing world of Glitch.

The game looks interesting, and I look forward to checking it out. I'll have to wait for the Windows version to come out before I can play though.
  • CopperpotCopperpot Posts: 242Member
    Hello, I'm Copperpot, once known as Fresh Mango Spirit in Glitch. I've met Sirentist in game already, looking forward to meeting other glitchen refugees.
  • AncaleAncale Posts: 2Member
    Hiya.. yayyy, I was Ancale in Glitch. And I am Ancale here.
    Just started playing last night, and met Copperpot yesterday evening. (Thanks for your help again Copperpot)
    Hope to see you all in the game some time!

*also waves overly-enthusiastically at sirentist, Hermitess and Copperpot*
  • JaenelleJaenelle Posts: 31Member
    Hi there :) *waves* Jaenelle stays Jaenelle everywhere. I can't play yet, but as soon as the iPad app is out, I'm with you. Hope to see you all in the game. Have fun! J. ;)
  • HermitessHermitess Posts: 592Member
    *waves enthusiastically back at everyone*
  • DistantstarDistantstar Posts: 40Member
    Hi, waves to everyone above. Distantstar
  • SirentistSirentist Posts: 9,061Member, Moderator, Arbiter
    edited December 2012
    Hello and welcome Ancale, Jaenelle, and Distantstar!
  • StockoStocko Posts: 125Member
    I am sorry for your game closing down Glitch players. I played your game about a year ago for a few days. You had a very helpful community. I am happy you are here. I hope you find a home here.
  • girlthulhugirlthulhu Posts: 6Member
    Hey, guys! Do we have a private land yet? I'm willing to purchase one if we don't.
    We do!

Well, sort of. The world is ready, created, untouched, waiting, but --

I've been talking with one of the developers about ways to make a more "Glitchy" and less "kill or be killed, shoot everything that moves" sort of world. He's said that they'll tweak the private world for us so it can be a more peaceful place for people to get into the game. I'm just waiting to hear back from him! He's been super responsive all along so far, so I really do believe it will happen very soon, and I don't mean Stooty "soon," ha. Ouch. Sorry.

However, if people are starting to feel antsy and are willing to just go with a second generation (new dungeons and baddies) world, forgetting about the tweaks, I'm happy to start with what's already there. It's been up and ready to go for a while now.

Maybe a small core group of us would be willing to go into the world and try to make it more fun for future Glitch refugees -- while restraining ourselves from totally plundering it?

Also, any other ideas on ways we can make a more friendly, social, and cooperative space within the mechanics of Deepworld?
    P.S. I just spoke with him again a few minutes ago and he says he'll be making the changes to the zone around 2 pm this afternoon. Woo-hoo!
  • CopperpotCopperpot Posts: 242Member
    That seems nice :) I am currently busy with real life and lacking materials to help much, but I will be happy to help with buildings/world overall design as soon as I get some time.... and raw materials.
    Wow, that's incredibly awesome. Thank you, Deepworld Dev. That's an amazing act of kindness, and I'm sure all of us (soon to be) former Glitch players really appreciate what you're doing. I know I do.
    By the way, those of you who have not yet upgraded to a premium account (five bucks), when/if you do decide to upgrade, be sure to list someone with an existing Deepworld account as your "reference." Both you and the person you list will receive 50 crowns. (Although I'm not sure if the person you list will receive the 50 crowns if she or he is not already a premium account.) Right now there are certain game items that are only available by spending crowns -- and some of them are really helpful.
  • mikelaurencemikelaurence New York CityPosts: 5,365Member, Administrator
    Slight delay, but should be pushing worlds in two hours or so :)
    Hey, can you PM me the world name? I'm asking anybody in this thread since I'm not sure how to PM myself.
    PM sent -- have fun!
  • LyricalDejaVuLyricalDejaVu Posts: 9Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi guys...i will be joining you as soon as this hits Windows...which may be awhile....but ill be here
  • ddawg77ddawg77 Posts: 362Member
    Yay! More the better right? ;)
  • CosimoCosimo Posts: 4Member
    Hi. I was Cosimo in Glitch and am the same here. This game is fun, but I hope it gets a lot quirkier as Glitch was.
  • MalakhMalakh Posts: 3Member
    Mal'akh over in Glitch.

I am also waiting for this to be ported over to Windows.
    Hello LyricalDejaVu, ddawg77, Cosimo, Mal'akh!

I, too, am eagerly waiting for the Windows version -- and I don't even have that kind of computer, ha. But some of my best friends use Windows, and I want for them to be able to join me.

It's a bit lonely here without my regular playmates, but last night girlthulhu and I were in Groddle together. She was building a giant useless ladder to the bottom of the world, and I was just poking around on the other side of the map, but every so often we would chat a little and it was ... it was really nice. It will be cool if enough Glitch folks come here for us to have a bit of a community.
  • KipKonnerKipKonner Posts: 1Member
    Kip Konner here! I've played the Mac version and I like it except for the monsters. I, too, would love to play a monster-free zone.
    Okay, Groddle is not QUITE totally monster-free. But it's much less monstery than the other zones. The little terrapi still spawn randomly here and there and there are still maws that dump terrapi and automata until they're plugged. And when I finally found the purifier, it was guarded by a few brains. But in comparison to the other zones, this one is WAY mellower in the "shoot everything that moves" department. I'll send you the code, KipKonner! And welcome aboard!

I was thinking maybe in addition to Groddle just being a safe-ish place for Glitch refugees, if enough people are interested we could give it some educational aspects or something. Like maybe create a guided tour or something, with pathways and signs pointing to things and explaining them. It's too bad you can't put an active link onto a sign. Then it could be a giant, graphical-interface sort of FAQ, ha.
  • beatmenacebeatmenace Posts: 1Member
    This is great news! My name was beatmenace on Glitch, so I decided to keep it the same on DW. I'd love to checkout the zone you have setup for Glitch-folk!
    Aw, my ladder isn't useless! It goes all the way down to Rubetown -- which is, coincidentally, in the bowels of the earth (and exactly where Rube came from).
  • MirandaMiranda Posts: 4Member
    edited December 2012
    I was Glitch E on Glitch. I'll have to wait until for the Windows version before I can play this. Hopefully by then, Groddle will have more to explore!
    Post edited by Miranda on
  • KristenMarieKristenMarie Posts: 1Member
    Hey guys! Waiting for Windows, but I figured I'd follow along on the forums while I waited. I had the same name as a glitch, just with a space in between the words. :)
    Welcome, beatmenace, Miranda, and KristenMarie!

I'm sending you the code to Groddle, beatmenace -- there's not much there yet but it's a good place to at least get your bearings and figure out some of the basic mechanics of the game without running into tons of monsters. Enjoy!